Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodi on Win 10 not closing

Options
  • 02-09-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Long time XBMC/Kodi user here. Used it on various Android media boxes first and then switched over to a Win 10 Mini PC which works really well for everything other than KODI which continuously refuses to close and I end up having to power off the PC and restart it. Ctrl + Alt + Delete doesn't even come up on screen when Kodi hangs during it's closing process.

This happens every single time I want to close Kodi and I've tried various different flavours of Kodi from the straight up vanilla version to TVMC and FreeTelly.

This is cracking me up and I haven't been able to find a solution online other than a Reddit which suggests Check the kodi.log file and see if there is an addon misbehaving. You can find it at: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

I would start at the end of the log and look for something that has to be force closed after a timeout period. If it is an addon check to see if there is an update. If it's not a critical addon I would just disable it until the author fixes it. You could probably upload your log to the developer to help them out.
    but I don't really know what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?
    Post edited by The Ritz on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Backup Kodi using the 'backup' add-on. Uninstall and re-install Kodi. Check that Kodi shuts down properly. Restore from your backup and check once again Kodi shuts down correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

degsie wrote: »
    Backup Kodi using the 'backup' add-on. Uninstall and re-install Kodi. Check that Kodi shuts down properly. Restore from your backup and check once again Kodi shuts down correctly.

Thanks Degsie, is that the same as uninstalling and reinstalling or does the "backup" process somehow fix a known problem here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Thanks Degsie, is that the same as uninstalling and reinstalling or does the "backup" process somehow fix a known problem here?

I'm just suggesting to try if a clean install fixes your issue. Taking a backup and re-applying it is a quick way to see if add-on or something else is causing the problem.

degsie wrote: »
    I'm just suggesting to try if a clean install fixes your issue. Taking a backup and re-applying it is a quick way to see if add-on or something else is causing the problem.

Gotcha, thanks.

I'm not worried about saving my existing set up so I've done a few uninstalls and clean installs of various KODI/TVMC/FreeTelly versions and they all have the same problem and FYI it's the only app that I have any problems with on the Win 10 PC.

I also loaded KODI onto a Win 10 laptop and the exact same issue arose so I don't think it's hardware related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tripalimend

Go to the task manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete and end the Kodi Process.

• Advertisement

Thanks @tripalimend I appreciate the help but have to say in the 6 years since I posted this things have moved on and I no longer use either a Windows machine for HTPC purposes or Kodi!!

Over six years for a reply has to be some kind of record 🤣

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Lol, a Lazarus effort for sure :-)

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement