Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile connectivity issue

Options
  • 02-09-2016 9:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey I know this is possibly a little silly to post here but it's been wrecking my head. I've always had a problem with my mobile network where a call will suddenly cut out or the signal will become horrifically bad for no reason. When I called my provider they insisted it must be to do with the handset, or sim, but since it's happened with both a new sim and a different handset, I'm wondering if there is anything specific I can ask them to look at from their end?
    I really don't know how to describe what I want to ask them, exactly, but could there be something about the way my number or account is set up, on their end, that I could ask them to check out?

It's an android phone, I live in an area with good coverage and it seems to happen no matter where I am, at least once a day the call will simply cut out, and the other person thinks I've hung up.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭leche solara

Does your phone show a strong signal when these outages happen? What network are you on?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

I'm on meteor. I live in an area with good coverage but it doesnt seem to matter how my signal is, I've been in situations where I have a good signal and it happens anyway. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

wiggle16 wrote: »
    Hey I know this is possibly a little silly to post here but it's been wrecking my head. I've always had a problem with my mobile network where a call will suddenly cut out or the signal will become horrifically bad for no reason. When I called my provider they insisted it must be to do with the handset, or sim, but since it's happened with both a new sim and a different handset, I'm wondering if there is anything specific I can ask them to look at from their end?
    I really don't know how to describe what I want to ask them, exactly, but could there be something about the way my number or account is set up, on their end, that I could ask them to check out?

It's an android phone, I live in an area with good coverage and it seems to happen no matter where I am, at least once a day the call will simply cut out, and the other person thinks I've hung up.

Any advice is appreciated.

Happened all of the time with a cheap Samsung Galaxy Ace I owned. Calls just kept dropping and those that didn’t had an echo. Didn’t happen when I put the sim card into a different phone.

Advertisement