Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Boards.ie hate Christians?

Options
  • 02-09-2016 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Honest question,

Since posts are deleted by mods in other threads on the feedback forum. The question must be asked if a certain number of moderators are holding very staunchly anti catholic or anti christian views which is influencing their judgement and opinion.

I find it very difficult to believe that a thread about burning mosques, traveler sites, synagogues would be allowed. Yet a thread with a poll about burning down churches is perfectly fine. I tried to post this in a feedback post, but a moderator felt the need to delete it, no PM reason given, just deleted.

I am well aware their is a Christianity forum which is active, but from time to time is seems to help members of the A&A forums to engage in a bit of bashing despite the best efforts of those moderators.

Have you too many mods with atheist backgrounds who are openly hostile to Christianity and no balance of mods for this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I find it very difficult to believe that a thread about burning mosques, traveler sites, synagogues would be allowed. Yet a thread with a poll about burning down churches is perfectly fine. I tried to post this in a feedback post, but a moderator felt the need to delete it, no PM reason given, just deleted.

Have you considered the perspective of the thread at all? I believe the OP of that thread, as hyperbolic as it may be, is looking at churches from the perspective of a post-Catholic society. The question is relevant to Ireland and touches on atrocities committed within this country by people working in the name of that church (child abuse, Magdalene laundries, oppression of sexuality, etc).

If the day ever came when a predominantly Muslim country rejected that faith, then I'm sure the same question could be asked about mosques in that country.

Similarly, if a community of travellers decide en masse to move to a settled location and reject a halting site/caravan train with a powerful symbolic display.

I don't believe the thread in question is symbolic of bigotry at all, but merely questions (albeit in a polemical fashion) how far a society is willing to go to move on from a particular element of its past. It hardly calls for mass arson in any serious way anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

There is already a thread discussing the closure of the thread you are referring to. It was re-opened after discussion concerning content type vs topic.

Atheist != anti Christian and we have a mix of mods with a mix of beliefs and opinions. I have certainly never asked a mod for their ideology before offering them a mod position and the only time I have ever taken it into account is when they are expected to be responsible for a particularly sensitive forum.

I deleted your post because it was in a thread that has repeatedly stated that specific mod actions are not to be used as examples. I also posted a reason for the deletion.

Closing this thread as it is not feedback it is blanket accusation and what appears to be premature criticism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement