Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door and window board fitting quote

Options
  • 03-09-2016 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Got a quote as follows. Is this reasonable?

16 x single doors fitted and hung, door stop, architrave, hockey stick, handle and lock, plinth block > €2,000

20 x window boards fitted > €250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is that just all labour?
    What is a hockey stick and plinth block in this context?
    Are door frames in place, are they rebated, are doors exact size, are doors pre morticed for the locks?

12 euro for a window board seems v cheap, hope not too much Tec 7 included!

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Is that just all labour?
    What is a hockey stick and plinth block in this context?
    Are door frames in place, are they rebated, are doors exact size, are doors pre morticed for the locks?

12 euro for a window board seems v cheap, hope not too much Tec 7 included!

Yes all labour.

See the plinth blocks either side of the door where the architrave sit on. A hockey stick is the thin piece that sometimes sits on the outside of the architrave.

All door frames are in place, don't think they're rebated, doors standard sizes.

White 4 panel doors like that from Deanta so not sure about pre-morticed for locks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

seams cheap to me.
    especially the window boards

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

Doesn't seem that cheap to me. Really it's probably 6-7 days work max.

Advertisement