Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I phone 6 waterproof case

Options
  • 03-09-2016 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Am thinking of guy ink the above as I walk dogs in all weathers,,,,does any one have one they can recommend? Thanks

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Am thinking of guy ink the above as I walk dogs in all weathers,,,,does any one have one they can recommend? Thanks

Roy

I've had two waterproof cases for my 6.

The Griffin Survivor didn't last long. Here is a link to it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/GRIFFIN-Survivor-Case-iPhone-Black/dp/B00LPQGNHC/ref=sr_1_1/253-5718631-1271851?ie=UTF8&qid=1472894028&sr=8-1&keywords=griffin+survivor

The soft part of the screen where you can still use Touch ID with the case on split. That's a weak point in that case. Once that went, water could get in. What I've done since with it is that I pulled the front screen protector off completely (just the clear plastic bit, I've kept the frame), so it works as a really good rugged (but not water proof) case for those dry out and about jobs.

The one I got to replace it is a Redpepper one. Here's a link to it (although I bought mine over the counter for about €30 in Galway) https://www.amazon.com/Redpepper-Waterproof-Underwater-Shockproof-Protection/dp/B00VMF00Y8

The negative reviews on there stem from not putting the case on properly, IMO. You can easily avoid bubbles on the screen, and the one that says the mute button didn't work is definitely down to not fitting the case properly.

It works really well, and it's slimmer than the Griffin case. I've submerged it to test it (without the phone in it!) and it's definitely watertight. It has a screw-in adapter for earphones, to keep water out when listening to tunes. Touch ID works well with the case on.

Overall, the Redpepper one seems better, although the plastic on it is not rubbery like the Griffin, so it's a bit more slippery in hand. I feel that the Griffin would survive a fall better, but for pure water tightness, the Redpepper is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I use the catalyst case and find it excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

If it's just walking the dogs etc... I just pop mine in a zip lock bag when I need to keep water out. I just find water proof cases too bulky.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

I got a sunwukin one that does the job and isn't too big

Advertisement