Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variances in demand across the price brackets?

Options
  • 03-09-2016 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Have the Central Bank rules created a difference in demand for say properties below €300/250k than for those say guided above €400k?

I've a passing interest at the moment but it appears that sub €250/200k properties are moving relatively quickly and may often sell for above their guide price after a bit of competitive bidding.

Whereas those in the the higher brackets are selling slower and may even had their guide prices reduced after a period of time?

I know a such a difference in demand will always naturally be there simply for financial reasons, but just wondering if the recovery, for want of a better word, in the property market is more pronounced in a subset of the market.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

From my observations it would appear that things sub 500k in Dublin are selling with no difficulty and often in excess of the guide. I have hardly seen any asking prices reduced unless you up the budget substantially.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Watching 500+ I see many not make the asking and a few go crazy above.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BondiJen

We are looking in the €550k-€600k bracket in Dublin 14 and all the houses we have viewed (15-20) have sold in excess of the asking price (some by more than €80k).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Might differ across the regions. The ones I noticed the drops were in I suppose what have been called commuter towns.

Dublin 14 has always been in demand though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah lots of variation area to area, really cat believe what people are will to pay for some places

• Advertisement
Advertisement