Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating: gas or electricity?

Options
  • 03-09-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I'm new to Ireland and I moved to Dublin a couple of months ago.
    I live in a big 3beds/3baths apartment and I have both electric and gas heating system. Basically I have radiators and I can choose if I want to heat water with gas or electricity.
    Which one would be cheaper?
    I'm with electric Ireland for both gas and electricity.

Thank y'all! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The gas will likely be cheaper for equal heat output.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eddie599

2011 wrote: »
    +1

Do you think gas will be cheaper too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Eddie599 wrote: »

There isn't any doubt. Not just slight cheaper. Far cheaper

I think gas is around 6 cent per kWh while electricity is 20.

Now all the electrical kws are heating the water, while gas boilers will have some losses (the electrical losses are mostly outside the house but we still pay for them). But the gas will still be far cheaper to heat water/rads etc..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Eddie599 wrote: »

Yes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement