Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options
  • 03-09-2016 11:19am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're only 24 days or so away from the launch of the game, which means we'll probably only be about two weeks off the launch of the web app and EA Access peeps getting their trading on.

I really found trading way more difficult in FUT 16, with my In Form Method from 15 not really working as well. I can see myself playing way more seasons this year with United being better too.

What players are people looking forward to? Not looking forward to? Remy was a beast for me in 16 so will be sad to see his inevitable downgrade :(

Comments

My goal this year will be to get all the Man United legend cards.

Now I've only had 1 legend card in 3 years and I'm terrible at making coins so I'm probably setting myself up for failure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Trading will be different this year with the squad building tasks people will be holding on to most players they get in packs so I think prices will be higher for the basic players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I am not looking forward to coming against aubanwang or greizeman this year. Cards look beastly. I reckon Rushford and martials card is guna be expensive this year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My goal this year will be to get all the Man United legend cards.

Now I've only had 1 legend card in 3 years and I'm terrible at making coins so I'm probably setting myself up for failure :P

I had hoped to try a front line of Giggs - Ronaldo - Best this year in that mindswet, but only ever got up to Giggs, and he wasn't great so gave up :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I had hoped to try a front line of Giggs - Ronaldo - Best this year in that mindswet, but only ever got up to Giggs, and he wasn't great so gave up :P

I was thinking along the lines of
    Big Pete
    Neville - Rio - Blanc - Evra
    Best - Scholes - Keane - Giggs
    Ole - RVN

Or a 4-3-3 with Veron in the team. Take Ole out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Surely a best of united team would have to include both Ibra and Ronaldo? I mean if you have the coins for the rest of that team you could surely afford it. :p

Kirby wrote: »
    Surely a best of united team would have to include both Ibra and Ronaldo? I mean if you have the coins for the rest of that team you could surely afford it. :p

Of course haha. I was just trying to stick to legend cards though but had to stick Pat Evra in at LB cause of no United legend cards for there, need a Dennis Irwin card next year.

Won't get 1 of the cards listed though :P

I was thinking along the lines of
    Big Pete
    Neville - Rio - Blanc - Evra
    Best - Scholes - Keane - Giggs
    Ole - RVN

Or a 4-3-3 with Veron in the team. Take Ole out.

Wouldn't be Ole if he was in the starting team. Sub him on with moments to go for max effect :P

Wouldn't be Ole if he was in the starting team. Sub him on with moments to go for max effect :P

Teddy has a legends card as well.1-0 down with a few minutes to go online, bring the 2 of them on to get it to 1-2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Goal is to win Div 1. Managed to win it in 15, but not won it this year yet but in div 1.

Want to try and trade my way to a million or more coins by black Friday and then sort my team out for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well guys nice to see ye all on board again ;)

After spending the summer telling myself I'm not gonna play fut this year I just can't friken wait to get trading again.

This year I'm most looking forward to been able to actually building a team based on man united players and having some decent quality there.

Pogba is gonna cost a fortune but he is someone I can't wait to use his stats look awesome and de gea is looking excellent also.

I'll probably give ibra a go but to be honest I could never get the hang of him in fut over the years I think he will make a good number 10.

Rashford looks like he could be decent even tho he is going to be a mid seventies player he has lots of pace but I'd imagine his stamina is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Going to build a Seria A team and Ligue 1
    Premier league teams cost a leg and a arm to build

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The Premier League has a ridiculous amount of new arrivals which will be savage for FUT17 team building: Musa, Pogba, Pererya, Ibra, Slimani, Sane, Godogan, Mkhitaryan, Bailly, Boufal, Feghouli, Batshuayi, Luiz, Zuniga

The BPL players are going to be even more overpriced than before because it's so stacked with players this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Even though I know they'll be overpriced at the start, one of my starter teams will be EPL

Personally I like playing with players I know, and since I only really follow the EPL, I'll almost always have an EPL team

Web applications probably launching Wednesday I'd assume seen as they have gone threw 52 totw in 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

jayo26 wrote: »
    Web applications probably launching Wednesday I'd assume seen as they have gone threw 52 totw in 16.

No sign of webapp yet.. Anyone any idea when it could be?

irishchris wrote: »
    No sign of webapp yet.. Anyone any idea when it could be?

Nope the have a new totw out so won't be in any Rush. One of the forums reckon it will be Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd love to see them introduce separate bronze-only and silver-only drafts, maybe they could make the silver and bronze tokens cheaper too. Not sure most people would go for it though as it'd mean no superstar teams.

NDWC wrote: »
    I'd love to see them introduce separate bronze-only and silver-only drafts, maybe they could make the silver and bronze tokens cheaper too. Not sure most people would go for it though as it'd mean no superstar teams.

Draft just did nothing for me last year. The games were no fun it was always first team to score and then park the bus or be a d1ck and play keep ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The problem with draft is that all teams are on super high pressure tactics by default. With TOTS, TOTY and TIFs players that are very OP and high pressure, then the game just becomes chaos because its so fast.

The draft games just felt completely different and not fun. I only entered it 5 times, twice I got disconnected at the end of games I won and got knocked out, once I won it, and twice out at the semi finals.

Seems like that disconnection problem always happens at the start of FIFA due to the amount of people playing the game. Best not to waste your draft tokens early on.

• Advertisement

I loved the draft cause it encouraged/forced me into playing with players I never got. TOTS ronaldos and Messi, teaming IF Ibrahimovics up with a TOTY Muller in behind.

I probably played 200 games of draft, god knows how many coins I "wasted". But I really loved that fast-paced gameplay, the crazy teams involved, and the fact it was probably a bit more even-footed in terms of everyone could have top teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I missed the last couple of years of fut, can someone explain what the draft is in it?!

mutley18 wrote: »
    I missed the last couple of years of fut, can someone explain what the draft is in it?!

Enter with draft token same rules apply in regards chemistry ect and you get a choice from 5 or 6 random players for each position plus the bench and reserves.

Further you go in it the more you win.

mutley18 wrote: »

This video here is from last year but it's the basics of the team building part of the draft

As Jayo said the further you progress the better rewards you get, the rewards always being packs. There is a max of 4 games in the draft, and if you lose you're out, you need to keep winning to keep progressing and get better rewards

It's a novelty in that you get to play with player you normally wouldnt get the chance to play with, you can get literally any card in the game in the draft

With a cost of 15k coins it should be a good method of making coins in the first few weeks when prices are at their highest, but after the first few weeks you'd want to making the semi finals at least to be making your coinage back on the draft since 15k can be quite a lot

v3ttel wrote: »
    The problem with draft is that all teams are on super high pressure tactics by default. With TOTS, TOTY and TIFs players that are very OP and high pressure, then the game just becomes chaos because its so fast.

The draft games just felt completely different and not fun. I only entered it 5 times, twice I got disconnected at the end of games I won and got knocked out, once I won it, and twice out at the semi finals.

Seems like that disconnection problem always happens at the start of FIFA due to the amount of people playing the game. Best not to waste your draft tokens early on.
    I hated it, waste of time. Where is the fun in it

Charizard wrote: »
    I hated it, waste of time. Where is the fun in it

Using players you normally wouldn't or couldn't afford

The chance to turn 15k into more in packs

It is high pressure high paced, everyone wants to win to make back or make profit on their 15k, it's something a bit different to seasons which can become a bit of a grind at times

Using players you normally wouldn't or couldn't afford

The chance to turn 15k into more in packs

It is high pressure high paced, everyone wants to win to make back or make profit on their 15k, it's something a bit different to seasons which can become a bit of a grind at times
    If I wanted to play with Ronaldo Id play a different mode, you pretty much played La Liga clone teams every games. Was uber yawn. I enjoy UT. I wont be touching draft this year

Charizard wrote: »
    If I wanted to play with Ronaldo Id play a different mode, you pretty much played La Liga clone teams every games. Was uber yawn. I enjoy UT. I wont be touching draft this year

That's true, it did turn into the my Ronaldo is better than yours mode

Hopefully this year there is a bit of variety in the teams

Anyone wanna work out how many packs I'd get for €100? With EA Access, should go a bit further too :pac:

Edit

I think EA Access means it would be 89.99 for 12000 points, and then 8.99 for 1050, so 13050 points overall. Premium Gold Pack for 150 points, so that would be 87 packs altogether.

• Advertisement

Anyone wanna work out how many packs I'd get for €100? With EA Access, should go a bit further too :pac:

Edit

I think EA Access means it would be 89.99 for 12000 points, and then 8.99 for 1050, so 13050 points overall. Premium Gold Pack for 150 points, so that would be 87 packs altogether.

If we threw 12000 points on fifa 16 now I assume they will carry over to fifa 17? I'm on origin this year I think I can buy fifa points in early access I heard last year.

Advertisement