Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got Baines and McCarthy from the Seven Nation challange, which cost me 4k, so will probably make my money back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just to help ye out a bit, here's a fairly cheap way of doing the Hybrid Leagues Sixes challenge:

GK: Herrerin (Bilbao)
    RB: Lopes (Akhisarspor)
    RCB: Etxeita (Bilbao)
    LCB: Sanchez (Rubin Kazan)
    LB: Criscito (Zenit)
    CM: Dahoud (Monchengladbach)
    LM: Morales (Levante)
    RM: Podolski (Galatasaray)
    LAM: Malli (Mainz)
    RAM: Halfar (Kaiserslautern)
    ST: Ginczek (Stuttgart)

Make sure you put them all in those exact positions, you can do it with concept players first if you see any changes that will save you some coins. This is a steal for the pack you get for completing it though (12 players, 6 gold rares), hopefully somebody returns the favour if they see a cheap squad builder in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got an untradeable Turan in a pack so played a few games and put this team together, everyone's full chem bar the LM with 7 chem.

8728eed727af18286dc181b648bdd815.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'd love to know own who watched depay and pato playing last year and decided Ohh yes I think they need an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd love to know own who watched depay and pato playing last year and decided Ohh yes I think they need an upgrade.

They did not get an upgrade did they much difference?

• Advertisement

They did not get an upgrade did they much difference?

Well depay us as overpowered as ever he is 80 rated and he easily has one of best free kicks in game again I love him And pato is 80 rated he is very useful compared to last year

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There are some unusual ratings yeah, Wilshere being higher than Fernandinho is mental.

Is it just my imagination or have they removed the online cups and released them with the new "Weekend Tournament".... :/

While I welcome that addition it just makes bronze and silvers defunct as its basically just seasons and a gold cup now.
    Maybe when the first weekend kicks off it'll incorporate the lesser players.
    Even if it does, its still only 2/3 days a week.

I liked the option to play random tournaments and just general silver cups.
    Not sure why they've restricted them to single player now.

Why bother with silver or bronze packs/players at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Is it just my imagination or have they removed the online cups and released them with the new "Weekend Tournament".... :/

While I welcome that addition it just makes bronze and silvers defunct as its basically just seasons and a gold cup now.
    Maybe when the first weekend kicks off it'll incorporate the lesser players.
    Even if it does, its still only 2/3 days a week.

I liked the option to play random tournaments and just general silver cups.
    Not sure why they've restricted them to single player now.

Why bother with silver or bronze packs/players at all now.

Put them into the squad building challenges :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,268 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Didn't play UT last year. Decided to turn it on and see if I could get back into it. Had a fiver in my PSN wallet so I bought a few packs for the first time since 2013.

2nd pack I open I get Ramos :pac:
    http://imgur.com/a/Lp1Yk

That *should* be my silver squad sorted for this year. I don't bother with gold sides.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sad if true about the Bronze/Silver cups being gone. I loved building cheap teams and winning those tourneys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sad if true about the Bronze/Silver cups being gone. I loved building cheap teams and winning those tourneys :(
    In the middle of selling all my bronzes now, disappointed that they're gone, I enjoyed the tournys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody have an idea when the prices of players in the premiership will drop down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Does anybody have an idea when the prices of players in the premiership will drop down?

Could be Xmas time for prices begin to drop properly. Think it was black Friday prices or team of the year before there was a mini crash. To show how silly prices are. I just sold Chelseas Kante for max price which is 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Got digital copy can't even play the menu screen says installation in progress. 83% progress and no movement anyone have any idea what the problem maybe

Put them into the squad building challenges :P

That's what I was doing.

But the whole purpose of having silver/bronze packs and players seems even less relevant than before.

Its a step back IMO, I'd rather see them build on those standard tournaments to make them more appealing(was hard to get games in those last year) and to persist with the weekly tournaments.

Its gone the way of NBA 2k now where lesser players are worthless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stayed on 83% for me for a while. Give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just to help ye out a bit, here's a fairly cheap way of doing the Hybrid Leagues Sixes challenge:

Make sure you put them all in those exact positions, you can do it with concept players first if you see any changes that will save you some coins. This is a steal for the pack you get for completing it though (12 players, 6 gold rares), hopefully somebody returns the favour if they see a cheap squad builder in future.

I did this and I'm only 76 chemistry. Any ideas?

The RAM and LAM are both CAM..does it make a difference?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    martyos121 wrote: »

20160929_194008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For anyone starting out, you can buy all those classic kits and balls in the catalogue and quick sell them all for about 6k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Maybe when Marty used his players some of them were pack pulled and had the loyalty giving the extra chem?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

20160929_194008.jpg
    Maybe when Marty used his players some of them were pack pulled and had the loyalty giving the extra chem?

Yep that must've been it. My bad, sorry.

Incase anyone hasn't noticed you can now set your custom tactic from the fut squad menus where you also set player roles and numbers

The injuries are relentless(In game/Post game).

It's a tad annoying when you're trying to rest a squad on the bench and you have to make two subs in one game.

Ok that was just once, but an in game injury is pretty common.

And they're all 4 game lengths which make using injury cards a necessity... not exactly cheap when you're starting off and trying to upgrade.

Maybe they need to tone them down a bit. I actually didn't mind not having any in game in previous years, just a bit cheap and unnecessary.
    Incase anyone hasn't noticed you can now set your custom tactic from the fut squad menus where you also set player roles and numbers

I didn't notice that, but I did notice they were sticking even after turning the computer off which is a bigger bonus. Was a plain having to do it each session.

The injuries are relentless(In game/Post game).

It's a tad annoying when you're trying to rest a squad on the bench and you have to make two subs in one game.

Ok that was just once, but an in game injury is pretty common.

And they're all 4 game lengths which make using injury cards a necessity... not exactly cheap when you're starting off and trying to upgrade.

Maybe they need to tone them down a bit. I actually didn't mind not having any in game in previous years, just a bit cheap and unnecessary.

A lot has to do with your players I think. I've played 30 odd games and have had four players injured shaw and Gundogan and sturridge twice and all have the injury prone trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I am very stuck on two SBC's. Does anyone have any help for the "hard" and "ultimate" challenges in the League and Nation Hybrid section?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I am very stuck on two SBC's. Does anyone have any help for the "hard" and "ultimate" challenges in the League and Nation Hybrid section?

This guy on reddit has squads for them, but they're impossible without loyalty

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/54s3ji/if_youre_doubting_the_value_of_the_squad_building/

Don't bother with the squad based challenges. Everyone is dead wide to them and even 55 rated rare bronze will cost you 1.3k. At least in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Won't let me add funds to my wallet, and have tried almost everything.
    Anyone know any sites which sell PSN codes through email? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Put together a nice Brazilian squad for very cheap and was going to get the Jonas special card but said to hell with it..by the time I finished meeting the criteria it would be easily and probably cheaper to buy his IF card over the year.

Advertisement