Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    250k is pushing it. Think I'll just get OTW Mane and Hazard.

Mane has terrible stamina that's what put me off I'm pretty happy with MOTM Walcott at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I hate Division 1.

It's so much harder to win this year. Currently on my fourth season and can only hold or get relegated. Haven't really threatened to win it at all.

I'm not sure how I should change my team up. Debating on going for Neymar and SBC Suarez, or changing my team up completely and getting rid of Martial, James, Bale and going for SIF Mertens, SIF Gomez, Naingollan, IF Bonaventura.

I've had success in the weekend league getting Elite with 4-1-2-1-2(2) but it's not really working for me in D1. Wonder if I should go with 4-3-3(4) which I switch to in-game when D1 games aren't working out for me. I'm scoring plenty, but I struggle to keep any cleansheets. I use IF Giovinco as a super sub when I switch to 4-3-3(4) and he does a lot of damage. I'm wondering if SIF Mertens would do the same from the start.

Mertens is excellent i had 87 before I got 88 and scored plenty with him. Also Bonaventure is excellent love the Italian league this year.

Guys how do ye manage weekend leagues with requirements? I never had to build a certain team for them but seemingly pc are starting this week with the requirements I'm OK with premierleague but next week I'll need to build a bundesleague team to compete....

im thinking of investing about 500k and playing my 25 games ASAP and selling them on the Saturday and prob still get my money back?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Mertens is excellent i had 87 before I got 88 and scored plenty with him. Also Bonaventure is excellent love the Italian league this year.

Conceded a goal in the 72nd minute just now to make it 1-1 in a D1 game.

Switched to 4-3-3(4) and put IF Giovinco up top. 84th minute, I'm 4-1 up and IF Giovinco has a hat trick. Really makes me want to try 4-3-3(4) with 87 Mertens from the start of games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Just won out the draft,got an ordinary gold pack and a rare players pack with 5 goalkeepers,highest rated player 83....absolutely miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Opened up all my Suarez SBC packs, rio ferndinand packs, marquee match ups and dele alli sbc packs. Had over 30 packs in total price ranging from 15k to 50k packs and only player of note was Hamsik. Thanks EA!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I have felt in the last month or so the packs from the sbcs have gone way down in quality

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't gotten any good SBC packs in a long time. On the other hand just qualified for the Weekend League again and can safely say OTW Mane is fantastic. Get him in any sort of space, couple heavy touches and smash it across goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Finally getting to the final in the qualifiers regularly Il qualify some day

• Advertisement

Buffon is a farce of a keeper. Anything that's slightly in the corner is a goal.

In the last 4 games for me, he's conceded 20 goals and made 5 saves. Any shot within 35 yards is a goal.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Buffon is a farce of a keeper. Anything that's slightly in the corner is a goal.

In the last 4 games for me, he's conceded 20 goals and made 5 saves. Any shot within 35 yards is a goal.

I find inform handanovic to be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Well lads, I'm a long time FIFA player but for some reason I never got into FUT. I decided to try it last weekend and I'm hooked. Just wondering the best way to earn cash on it? The likes of Mane and Martial are 300k! That's crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Gonna build a second team for the first time. Can't afford to keep buying fitness cards. French, Spanish or Italian. Have around 40k to waste. Any suggestions ?

hefferboi wrote: »
    Well lads, I'm a long time FIFA player but for some reason I never got into FUT. I decided to try it last weekend and I'm hooked. Just wondering the best way to earn cash on it? The likes of Mane and Martial are 300k! That's crazy stuff

My advice to you is to use this year as a learning curve don't invest anything in it apart from time. Learn how to play ultimate team (it really is different then regular season mode) and what all the consumable cards are and keep an eye on the market.

The reason I say to use it as a learning experience is because you are starting six months behind nearly everyone and they have months of time spent building teams.

Don't worry about informs and expensive players worry about building a solid team of cheap players... A team of 78 to 81 rated players can get you to decision 4 or 3 easily and wouldn't cost more then 100k at max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

14murphy wrote: »
    Gonna build a second team for the first time. Can't afford to keep buying fitness cards. French, Spanish or Italian. Have around 40k to waste. Any suggestions ?
    Italian possibility...

Alex Sandro is the only pricey player.

Hart
    Florenzi-Manolas-Koulibaly-Alex Sandro
    Khedira-Medel-Asamoah
    Salah-Eder-Mertens/Insigne

Made a second team out of untradeable players because Higuain got a red card and I had to play a game with him off. Barely any chemistry in the team but I still managed to win the quarter final of the qualifiers with it. What I did discover is that Thomas from Atletico Madrid looks the image of Renato Sanches in game, who I also had in midfield. There's no greater intimidation technique than having your opponent think you have two Renatos on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

jayo26 wrote: »
    My advice to you is to use this year as a learning curve don't invest anything in it apart from time. Learn how to play ultimate team (it really is different then regular season mode) and what all the consumable cards are and keep an eye on the market.

The reason I say to use it as a learning experience is because you are starting six months behind nearly everyone and they have months of time spent building teams.

Don't worry about informs and expensive players worry about building a solid team of cheap players... A team of 78 to 81 rated players can get you to decision 4 or 3 easily and wouldn't cost more then 100k at max.

I don't have a bad team already tbf.

Butland loan
    Jagielka-Sakho-Coleman
    Delofeau-Herrera-schneiderlan-mirralles
    Lallana
    Remy-batsuyahi

81 rated and 100 chemistry

hefferboi wrote: »
    I don't have a bad team already tbf.

Butland loan
    Jagielka-Sakho-Coleman
    Delofeau-Herrera-schneiderlan-mirralles
    Lallana
    Remy-batsuyahi

81 rated and 100 chemistry

Well if you have a team like that after one week of ultimate team your on a decent path to earning money lol. Spend on buying butland he is an excellent keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Martial ain't dropping, still 650k. Cashing in on Walcott for Mane though.

Mane has some insane stats. Apparently if you put an architect card on him, he gets 98 strength to go along with his 98 pace and 89 dribbling.

• Advertisement

Martial ain't dropping, still 650k. Cashing in on Walcott for Mane though.

Mane has some insane stats. Apparently if you put an architect card on him, he gets 98 strength to go along with his 98 pace and 89 dribbling.

Only thing that might change is if they have some sorth of special this weekend that will cause a price crash im hoping for because I really want Martial but Im not going to invest crazy money into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

EA have lowered the MAX BIN of IF Torres to 50k. What the ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

wong wrote: »
    EA have lowered the MAX BIN of IF Torres to 50k. What the ****?

Yeah I noticed that too. He may well go extinct if Carrasco gets an upgrade, you could use his new 84 card and IF Torres instead of using Griezzman or IF Gamerio for the Atletico Madrid SBC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finished the MLS SBC. So now I'm building an Italian side to use him :)

EDIT: by him, I mean Giovinco

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So EA have reddit in a tizzy...

https://www.easports.com/us/fifa

They've added a section about "Ratings Refresh", as opposed to a straight "Ratings Upgrade", and saying they will be "updating" ratings. They've even done graphics that don't just include a green up arrow, but a red down arrow.

So now people are wondering if they will be downgrading some players and removing their higher rated NIF cards from packs. And even more are wondering if they'll do it dynamically, and change the cards we already have, IF style....

Haha i love it they go crazy. I can't see them negatively effect informs I'd be amazed if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I have him in my team but Smalling should get a downgrade if they are doing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got fif higuin in my rewards pack, just in time for the upgrades! Pity I won't be using him for a few weeks with these bloody wl requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Couldn't see them impacting current card ratings, but potentially new cards pulled could be of a lower rating. Vardy will be ****ed first and foremost.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Finished the MLS SBC. So now I'm building an Italian side to use him :)

EDIT: by him, I mean Giovinco

Great choice, his dribbling is stupidly good. SIF Immobile is a really great Italian striker too.

Advertisement