Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Russian SBC done now too.

All I've got is 3 teams for La Liga and the Scottish one.

BPM comes into its own when you don't have to keep the various leagues :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That was a horrible weekend league started off great yesterday 11_3 got gold really easy said id keep playing this morning to try go for elite.... Ended up finishing 15 and 10 the speed glitch or whatever it is really destroyed it I need 3 wins next weekend to get gold monthly rewards so not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

jayo26 wrote: »
    That was a horrible weekend league started off great yesterday 11_3 got gold really easy said id keep playing this morning to try go for elite.... Ended up finishing 15 and 10 the speed glitch or whatever it is really destroyed it I need 3 wins next weekend to get gold monthly rewards so not too bad.

Speed glitch?

Speed glitch?

I donno what it is but the game keeps speeding up and slowing down its game destroying.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

<mod snip>

Mod: No talk about buying points or coins off sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I donno what it is but the game keeps speeding up and slowing down its game destroying.

Sounds like a poor host, but the weekend league is server hosted?

Is it actually possible to do the MK Dons SBC without having to open packs? no silvers on the market at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not looking forward to next weekend at all, don't want to sell my OTW Mané so I'll have about 100k to spend on a team, and won't get to use Mane or Dybala. Wish the requirements encouraged creativity rather thsn just limited the players you can use. Rather than giving a certain league have something like "at least 3 leagues and 3 nations."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yep same here, only noticed in the weekend tournament, until thursday, started then in seasons mode to

14murphy wrote: »

Mod: No talk about buying points or coins off sites
    Apologies I thought it was by legit means to fund a PSN wallet.
    My fault.

Toobz wrote: »
    Sounds like a poor host, but the weekend league is server hosted?

Is it actually possible to do the MK Dons SBC without having to open packs? no silvers on the market at all :(

It has been talked about before its a well known fault seemingly. I only ever noticed it in weekend league never in seasons or cup games.

You could be tracking a forward into the box and go to make a challenge and the game speeds up and he is gone or you have taken him down and sometimes he could be after scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The speed up glitch thing only ever happened to me when I had ****e internet. Think it was high ping/packet loss that caused it for me.

Got my first ever walkout there after opening a few packs. . Henrik Mikhi. Already got him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I take great satisfaction in beating people who make 1st minute subs and change their formation right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭Guffy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I take great satisfaction in beating people who make 1st minute subs and change their formation right away.

Why do they do that btw?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Why do they do that btw?

Bypass chemistry requirements, I think.

Why do they do that btw?

Its cause they can't work certain players in at full chemistry, so wait till the game starts and subs them in, or change position so that (for instance) a winger can move into the #10 position with full chemistry.

Its a fad, I feel...a lot of people do it cause the Youtube pros do, so thats good enough reason for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Why do they do that btw?
    For chemistry reasons. Most commonly start off with a 433 and go to a 41212 with Martial as a striker. As I understand it no loss of chemistry for him.

I think this game may not be for me. Got to Div 3 held it with a 4-0-5 record. Then went 1-1-14 two consecutive relegations including starting off back in Div 5 with yet another loss. 12 goals scored 42 conceded. Finally won a game so turned off the XBox.

Cheers, was wondering why they kept doing it, its not like it helps them win.

Really settling into the game now. No special cards but decent enough epl squad. Bailly is a beast, defence has been solid as anything since bringing him in.

I imagine its cause all the good players are playing the WL but cruising through games last night and this afternoon. I find that i can 8 times out of 10 get a win or draw against the teams that are laced with quality players but struggle against teams with poorer players for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I find that i can 8 times out of 10 get a win or draw against the teams that are laced with quality players but struggle against teams with poorer players for some reason.

and welcome to fifa...get used to that struggle...I've had teams rated 85+ struggle against 79-80 rated teams with crap players and its ridiculous.

Does anyone else find that crosses just never target your striker? I've had stuff like this happen 3 or 4 times just today, Dybala has a tap in but he fcuking steps over the ball for no reason.

https://streamable.com/bmy06

• Advertisement

Whenever I cross, it floats into the keeper's hands. No matter where I aim.

Started the day off 7-4, I'm now 10-8 after going up to 10-4. 2 penalty shootout losses, one that was 2-2 after full time with both of my opponents only shots going in while I had 9 shots saved. Feels like every weekend no matter how well I do at some point the game just finds a way to bring me back to being basically even between wins and losses.

Okay just lost my SECOND GAME IN A ROW TO A 120TH MINUTE GOAL. I'm done for the night.

I just know I'm going to go from 10-4 to 10-10 and then consistently go on a path of 1 win 1 loss for the rest of the games.

Crosses are a joke. Every cross i whip in floats perfectly into the keepers hand!
    I also think they have destroyed free kicks. Theres no set standard anymore I feel. Even if I select the same power every time the outcome power just seems completely random when the ball is struck. Hope its fixed for next year.

Same shít again. Get to 16-5 and boom, three absolutely stacked teams in a row and three defeats.

Guarantee I'll get two or three easy-ish opponents now.

You've got to aim crosses away from the keeper, and also try not to be full sprint when launching them in. I score a good few from crosses by trying to slow down and aim towards the penalty spot.

Free kicks...I'm loving them this year. They do take practice, but I've gotten to the stage I score 75% of free kicks I get just outside the box. Check out Youtube vids for tutorials, cause there's not much more satisfying than scoring a free kick.

Every now and again I can target one to my attackers head but 8/10 its saved or cleared.
    I just cant grasp frees, I think the ability to move the players position kinda messes with me. Guess I'll have to watch a few tutorials again.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Free kicks...I'm loving them this year. They do take practice, but I've gotten to the stage I score 75% of free kicks I get just outside the box. Check out Youtube vids for tutorials, cause there's not much more satisfying than scoring a free kick.

Does that assume the opponent doesn't have a player stand on the free post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

When crossing if you are close to the side of the box, try a cross with hardly any power and aim towards the penalty spot, the keepers don't seem to come out for them. I've scored a good few headers in past WLs like that.

• Advertisement

Does that assume the opponent doesn't have a player stand on the free post?

Less and less people seem to be doing that. If you get aim it into the top corner, or take the free quick enough so they aren't in position, then that's not a killer. Or take advantage of the fact a player standing on the line is playing every single one of your players onside, so go for a quick pass into free space and a snap shot. :P

Advertisement