Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane's price will go back up, he's dropping right now because the Weekend League is nearing to a close and he won't be eligible for use in the next one. Best time to sell him will be right before a Liverpool match, or of course if he scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Lads is there anyway to better the fitness of my squads. Obviously I know I can buy fitness cards to instantly boost them, would the more fitness staff I have better it ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liamalone wrote: »
    How do you find it? Mine is very good most of the time but does take a hissy fit every five minutes or so and lags for about 5 seconds.

Its a fine alternative but I do see my ability goes down when I move from the TV to the laptop. It can be really unstable sometimes, and there's some games are just not playable on it. But with Fifa, usually, it's grand. I can learn to cope with a 1 second input lag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

14murphy wrote: »
    Lads is there anyway to better the fitness of my squads. Obviously I know I can buy fitness cards to instantly boost them, would the more fitness staff I have better it ?

Build a 2nd squad and put your original squad on the bench+reserves. Their fitness replenishes when you play a game with the 2nd squad.

Build a 2nd squad and put your original squad on the bench+reserves. Their fitness replenishes when you play a game with the 2nd squad.

This thread never ceases to amaze me.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    This thread never ceases to amaze me.

Fitness staff would improve it, yeah. 2nd squad is the easier option tho imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Coaches can improve fitness / healing / attribute cards. You collect them up to 50%. Say for example you have a load of head healing coaches and their total is 50%. A guy has a head injury out for 3 games. If you apply a 2 game healing card then with the additional 50% of your head healing coaches that will heal him

To be honest the most benefit is to be got from managers and 50% addition for contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Fitness +50% is pretty useless ant that's why all fitness cards cost is the same ( +20 and +60 have the same "value" to bring a player back to 99)

I rarely have injuries for more than 1 game, sometimes two. Again, having +50 will rarely help.

+50% is great for contracts, nothing else imo.

Having two squads is the best option, paying for fitness cards every game is a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished 28-12. Fúcking sickened.

Need 20 wins next week for elite monthly but I don't know if I can be even arsed. La Liga is garabge so getting 20 wins will be much harder than with my PL or Serie A teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Does no one use squad rotation? I will have a sub for each position and then if as players fitness drops below 80 I swap him out until the replacement ddrops below 80, and so on and so on - does no one else do that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Does no one use squad rotation? I will have a sub for each position and then if as players fitness drops below 80 I swap him out until the replacement ddrops below 80, and so on and so on - does no one else do that?

Very few people do it. I find if you do not start with a squad of full fitness you are automatically at a disadvantage after the 60th minute mark with players tiring compaired to your opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Very few people do it. I find if you do not start with a squad of full fitness you are automatically at a disadvantage after the 60th minute mark with players tiring compaired to your opponent.

I don't think it matters all that much - I've played against teams where some of their players have no bar at all in come the second half and they can still run all over the shop like there was nothing wrong - this actually irritates me, if you get to the stage where a player has no bar left then that player should drop like a stone and not move for the rest of the game, it's bullsh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Packed David Alaba the other night. Tempted to hold until Thursday/Friday before I sell as bundesliga/la liga requirement for WL this week, but afraid that he might be upgraded beforehand so should I sell now? Looked at similar price ranged players (De Gea, De Bruyne) and all seemed to rise about 10% from base price on the Saturday of WL last weekend.

Any idea when updates for Bundesliga are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have a team playing and a team 'resting' on the bench and they will play the next game. I'll play my keeper until he goes below 95 fitness and then rest him for a game. I do it out of habit as I don't think it matters one iota, I've had knackered bronze players keep up with my fit players, fast fit players.

Gonna fail miserably this weekend with bundesleague players none of them or Spanish league feel right

Gonna fail miserably this weekend with bundesleague players none of them or Spanish league feel right

Same here. What's worse is I need 20 wins for elite monthly and I've got to do it with a garbage hybrid.

Pato up front. Gonna be awful.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Same here. What's worse is I need 20 wins for elite monthly and I've got to do it with a garbage hybrid.

Pato up front. Gonna be awful.

I think I need 3 wins for gold that will be my target for first month playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Marquees match ups out again, finally got something half decent, IF Gabbiadini. He's only 30k so I think I'll keep him :)

Spent about 10k to do the marquee matchups....my club is emptying out now tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Just seen a post on reddit about a 'Pack Theory' so done the PSV SBC to get a Premium Gold Players pack.

Waiting until the bar under the pack had a green block followed by white/blue/white and finished with a green...

Pulled Dybala :D apparently between the green will represent nationality/club...im really unsure but its my first bit of pack luck.

Should I hold on and sell next week as more than likely we'll have Italian league requirements or is he ridiculously good and I should build a team around him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Toobz wrote: »
    Just seen a post on reddit about a 'Pack Theory' so done the PSV SBC to get a Premium Gold Players pack.

Waiting until the bar under the pack had a green block followed by white/blue/white and finished with a green...

Pulled Dybala :D apparently between the green will represent nationality/club...im really unsure but its my first bit of pack luck.

Should I hold on and sell next week as more than likely we'll have Italian league requirements or is he ridiculously good and I should build a team around him?

Can you link the thread? Sounds interesting.

As for seria a weekend league, I don't think so. They did bpl weekend league to match the winter upgrades, seria a upgrades match the daily knockout tournament today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Can you link the thread? Sounds interesting.

As for seria a weekend league, I don't think so. They did bpl weekend league to match the winter upgrades, seria a upgrades match the daily knockout tournament today.

This one was posted today after this guy followed the theory of another thread (second link)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5v4fz2/tested_the_pack_line_theory_again_and_its_not/

he's met with a lot of pessimism yet the throry he's woking from on the original thread is met well.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5o5pdu/pack_theory/?ref=search_posts

It might be pure luck but the fact I got Argentinian colours on the line then pulling Dybala makes me think its worth trying with the Marquee match up packs.

Also thanks on the weekend league info. Probably worth cashing in on him after this weekend league as focus is off Calcio A at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I got the square root of nothing in my Marquee Matchups reward packs using the same method......

I think my method of muting the TV and looking away and pressing X quickly to be quite proficient in packing good players.

I think my method of muting the TV and looking away and pressing X quickly to be quite proficient in packing good players.

Noway looking threw my fingers at the confetti to judge the rating by the amount of it works best. ;)

Noway looking threw my fingers at the confetti to judge the rating by the amount of it works best. ;)

Your science is flawed and inaccurate!

Your science is flawed and inaccurate!

Pogba says no ;)

Pogba says no ;)

OTW Pogba right here.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with weird pack-opening rituals.

Can anyone tell me what the requirements are for this weeks daily tournaments. At work with no console but might make a team on my phone if I need too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugh.

Decided to do the PotM Alli challange. Basically did three of the 4 challanges for next to nothing.

The League One challange though; it's cost me 50k. This PotM card better be worth it...

Advertisement