Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Won't let me add funds to my wallet, and have tried almost everything.
    Anyone know any sites which sell PSN codes through email? Cheers

CDKEYS or g2a

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

CDKEYS or g2a

They don't seem to have Irish PSN codes, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Redzer7 wrote: »
    They don't seem to have Irish PSN codes, unless I'm looking in the wrong place?

I think it's global ones you want I never bought points that way but all the global keys work for games i bought

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Do the keepers in this game just not know what to do with rolling shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

If I start a match with a player then take him off straight away, does that count towards his ten matches played for loyalty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doyler92 wrote: »
    If I start a match with a player then take him off straight away, does that count towards his ten matches played for loyalty?

Not sure, but I've read about and used a very easy way of getting loyalty on a full team very quickly. Simply have every player you want loyalty on in a squad and in the starting 11, challenge the team of the week and as soon as the match kicks off, pause and quit the game. Reload and repeat. Doesn't count as a loss on your record, counts as a match played for each player though (although it does use up a contract like any normal match) and in my case didn't use up any of my coin boosts. Doesn't take long at all and it's much quicker than playing 10 games with players you don't like.

Might be patched at some point so you may as well make use of it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

same scripting **** as ever for UT..why do I put myself through this crap every year..

Have to say lads I'm feeling the same already getting hammered by **** teams and goals from outside the box or corners constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Blazer wrote: »
    same scripting **** as ever for UT..why do I put myself through this crap every year..

The game isn't just a big conspiracy against you.

Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

martyos121 wrote: »
    Not sure, but I've read about and used a very easy way of getting loyalty on a full team very quickly. Simply have every player you want loyalty on in a squad and in the starting 11, challenge the team of the week and as soon as the match kicks off, pause and quit the game. Reload and repeat. Doesn't count as a loss on your record, counts as a match played for each player though (although it does use up a contract like any normal match) and in my case didn't use up any of my coin boosts. Doesn't take long at all and it's much quicker than playing 10 games with players you don't like.

Might be patched at some point so you may as well make use of it while you can.

Nice, that's much easier than playing 20 games to do the hard and ultimate league and nations hybrids. It took ages to buy the players needed for those challenges to try and avoid the price fixing.

I wouldn't be arsed quitting out of games if it does give me the loss...I'm sure I'll have plenty of stupid defeats without adding to it myself. Has anyone else tried this just to 100% confirm?

• Advertisement

Tried it. Quit after kick off as above and it counted as a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

v3ttel wrote: »
    Tried it. Quit after kick off as above and it counted as a loss.

You sure it was the team of the week challenge like I said? Did it 20 times myself and the only loss I have is from a match online that I finished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also finding it very easy to get battered :(

Upside, someone just bought 7 Carricks off me. I think they are price fixing the cards I have price fixed :P

I feel like I'm missing something, I can't win headers on either side of the pitch.

Having a good time trading but still getting hammered in play. Entered the draft, won my first game lost my second. Both games I was against full Premier League teams, not sure how they managed that. Still got 3 gold packs just for winning one.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The game isn't just a big conspiracy against you.

Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are?

Please...its blatantly obvious to everyone that UT is heavily scripted to ensure that the kiddies have a chance playing against people playing fifa for years.
    Its to encourage them to spend real money on packs.
    Play a team in UT say like Barcelona if you have a team like them and then play as Barcelona in Seasons.
    The two teams are worlds apart and the seasons game actually plays like the game should.

Blazer wrote: »
    Play a team in UT say like Barcelona if you have a team like them and then play as Barcelona in Seasons.

This was something I really noticed as Real Madrid last year. Built an identical team in UT as to the Real I used in seasons. In Seasons, I battered everyone, and Modric was a GOD. In UT, Modric was slow, couldn't place passes and was significantly worse, as was the overall team.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This was something I really noticed as Real Madrid last year. Built an identical team in UT as to the Real I used in seasons. In Seasons, I battered everyone, and Modric was a GOD. In UT, Modric was slow, couldn't place passes and was significantly worse, as was the overall team.

yep that's my point exactly. I had the exact Barca team and it was like I was playing with Newcastle..ie crap..in Seasons they were gods.
    Its getting progressively worse every year as EA know UT is a cash cow to them. I've been playing Fifa for the past 20 years and UT since it came out so I'm no rookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The injuries are fúcking absurd. Can barely go a game without someone going down and the cards to heal them are a 1k+ a go.

Fut is what it is I think we all knew what we were getting into when we buy it so it probably is a bit pointless of us complaining this stage but it is infuriating playing a crap team and getting played off the park.

As I said countless times I know I'm not great at the playing end of the game but what gets me is players using the same tricks to score over and over again I played a few games earlier and getting beat 2 or 3 times a game by shots outside the box I hated it in last fame and I hate it in this game what's the point in having one of best keepers in the game when he gets beat from 30 yards all the time.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fut is what it is I think we all knew what we were getting into when we buy it so it probably is a bit pointless of us complaining this stage but it is infuriating playing a crap team and getting played off the park.

As I said countless times I know I'm not great at the playing end of the game but what gets me is players using the same tricks to score over and over again I played a few games earlier and getting beat 2 or 3 times a game by shots outside the box I hated it in last fame and I hate it in this game what's the point in having one of best keepers in the game when he gets beat from 30 yards all the time.

yeah better off having a **** team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Opened about €20 worth of packs with my unused phone credit. Got my first walk out player, Buffon! Other notables were Karius, Nolito, Eriksen, Medel, Monreal and a couple of others that sell for 1-2k. If sold everyone, I'd say I'll be in the 100k mark. Holding onto Buffon tho...going Serie A as my starter this year.

I've gone Serie A every year. I really miss Tevez and damn I miss the old Di Natale who was an absolute beat with Miccoli as backup.
    Is it just me or are most strikers this year fairly crap rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Opened about €20 worth of packs with my unused phone credit. Got my first walk out player, Buffon! Other notables were Karius, Nolito, Eriksen, Medel, Monreal and a couple of others that sell for 1-2k. If sold everyone, I'd say I'll be in the 100k mark. Holding onto Buffon tho...going Serie A as my starter this year.

Can you explain or post a link on how to use your phone credit please?

jayo26 wrote: »

****, Milik is one. Not sure how that will affect my investments of him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ****, Milik is one. Not sure how that will affect my investments of him.

I don't think it will effect his actual card but the black version of any of them would be **** cool.

So afaik those versions are the definitive cards as their ratings mimic whatever the highest version of that player is.

So afaik those versions are the definitive cards as their ratings mimic whatever the highest version of that player is.

Yep it's all in the faq I post

martyos121 wrote: »
    You sure it was the team of the week challenge like I said? Did it 20 times myself and the only loss I have is from a match online that I finished.

Yep, TOTW challenge.

• Advertisement

I was saying earlier all my Carricks sold in one cycle. Looks like his minimum price had just risen naturally to a point where my inflated prices were the norm :pac:

Trying Torres now. Have been buying easily for 900 and selling for 2000.

Advertisement