Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm finding it's vital nowadays to have a striker on the bench to bring on later in the game, to exploit the lack of stanima for some teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm finding it's vital nowadays to have a striker on the bench to bring on later in the game, to exploit the lack of stanima for some teams.

I used to but now I just have team stacked with stamina more so then out and put pace. That's why I like Jesus he dont get tired and same with mertens in Italian league he has 95 pace and mid 90s stamina.

Speaking of Mertens, any idea why his blue 87 card is cheaper than his IF 86?

87 - 255k
    86 - 365k

I'm looking at a team with him in it, can't really afford the 88 or 89, but the 87 looks grand stats wise. But wondering why it's cheaper than the 86....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Speaking of Mertens, any idea why his blue 87 card is cheaper than his IF 86?

87 - 255k
    86 - 365k

I'm looking at a team with him in it, can't really afford the 88 or 89, but the 87 looks grand stats wise. But wondering why it's cheaper than the 86....

The 86 rated is striker

wardides wrote: »
    The 86 rated is striker

789200.gif

Spent so much time looking at the stats, didn't check the positioning. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Gents out of curiosity I'm currently making my way up through divisions. I've got from Division 10 up to Division 4 at the first time of asking every time, winning title ever year (apart Div 5 where I lost concentration half way through). My aim is to try get to Division1 by end of next week in order to qualify for weekend league the weekend after next. How tough is 3 & 2 in comparison to 4 & 5 for example? I'm assuming Division 2 is ridiculously tough to get into Division 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I used NIF Jesus and really didn't like him. Would be intrigued to try out his IF though.

Mané OTW up front is god mode for me. He was good for me at RM in a diamond but he is next level up top.
    I also found his stamina wasn't as much of an issue when he was up front as opposed to being on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gents out of curiosity I'm currently making my way up through divisions. I've got from Division 10 up to Division 4 at the first time of asking every time, winning title ever year (apart Div 5 where I lost concentration half way through). My aim is to try get to Division1 by end of next week in order to qualify for weekend league the weekend after next. How tough is 3 & 2 in comparison to 4 & 5 for example? I'm assuming Division 2 is ridiculously tough to get into Division 1?

Sounds like I was pretty much the same as you. Breezed through most of the divisions. Think I had some trouble in division 3, spent a few seasons there trying to get promoted and the same with division 2. Have no problem with division 2 now though, it's actually pretty easy.

Division 1 is seriously tough, I can't hang with the players there. I had one good season where I was one win away from winning it but almost every other one is trying and failing to avoid relegation. It's harder than the WL for me.

Play the top divisions during the weekend if you're struggling when all the top players will be too busy with the Weekend League.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

+1 on bringing a striker on late on. SBC Giovinco is incredible to bring on around the 70th minute, his pace and agility feels doubled. I also like to bring on bellerin in CM if I'm holding a lead, there's no better defensive mid than one with 95 pace at that stage.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sounds like I was pretty much the same as you. Breezed through most of the divisions. Think I had some trouble in division 3, spent a few seasons there trying to get promoted and the same with division 2. Have no problem with division 2 now though, it's actually pretty easy.

Division 1 is seriously tough, I can't hang with the players there. I had one good season where I was one win away from winning it but almost every other one is trying and failing to avoid relegation. It's harder than the WL for me.

Pretty much just breezed through Division 4. 7 games, 6 wins and a draw. Think the plan might be to try get out of Divison 3 and then leave Division 2 until WL kicks off this weekend. I assume if I get promoted from Division 2 from anytime between this weekend league starting and the following one starting I automatically gain entry into the following weekend league yes? As in if I got promoted from Division 2 this Friday/Saturday I won't be thrown into this WL?

Expecting things to get seriously tough from here on in though.

Decided to get 2 final games in for the day and kick off Division 3. A 1 all draw where I got battered for 70 minutes but then probably should have nicked it at the end. Second game, 3 nil up after 19 minutes and rage quit. Finding the little chip over an on rushing keeper is 8/10 times a goal on this, very effective if you're not square on goal and keeper rushing out. I know it's been asked here but in terms of fitness, what's best way to manage it? I've tried having 2 teams but find I'm pretty meh with anyone but my front 3 of Martial, Vardy and MOTM Walcott. Tempted to go for a bundesliga team but would rather just pay the 1200 coins a game for a fitness card I think. Get around 700 coins a game most times anyway.

All Palermo golds are going for 10K right now cos of the Cavani SBC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Division 1 is really difficult. It was way easier to win last year. I'm not good enough (especially defensively) to get the 23 points needed to win the title, but alright enough to not get relegated with a few games to spare.

It's my defense that's the killer. I concede way too many through bad defending, stupid EA bullsh*t or great opposition play to get the 23 points. I was saving for Ronaldo, but now I'm wondering if I should scrap that, go for Neymar instead and use the left overs to upgrade CDM, CB, LB & GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Sold all my Palermo players bought for around 350 for 7-9k! Had the full squad, silvers sold for 3-4k also! + 1 on each stat pretty much , no thanks.

Sold my golds, but saving my silvers. 35k profit :D

Keeping the silvers cause they will be harder to re-gather for the SBC later down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I did the cavani sbc since it only cost me a couple of coins, and may throw him in a squad with suarez when I get around to that sbc. Ended up getting a motm card in a pack. The Sevilla lb, only worth about 12k, but was a nice surprise and I'm in quite a bit of profit after shipping the rest of the palermo golds.

Anyone else find pack luck is much better after sbc's?? Got Pablo hernandez if after doing the marquee sbc on the weekend as well. (I'm a Leeds fan, so I was delighted!)

RIP my OTW Mane's price :(

Yeah, I find SBC pack rewards are always much, much better than buying packs for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, I find SBC pack rewards are always much, much better than buying packs for some reason.

He was 460k before the game...was going to sell him, but thought he might grab a goal or two vs Leicester..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It'll be 450k again before the Arsenal game OTW cards have a very obvious fluctuation, don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/2082508

Anyone suggest how to better this squad. Players in ? Squad change ? Benn on a bad run lately. Have around 200k to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smalling and IF Reid for the centre backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Griezmann is the most ridiculous player.....he cost me a game yesterday where he missed an open net from 6 yards because he miscontrolled a simple pass to him, and then he pops up with this finish with his 3 star week foot from about 17 yards out to get me the win against someone who had unbelievably good defense.

Finally completed the Suarez SBC! :D

Bit of a mixed bag so far now. Suffered my first season's defeat 6 games into Division 3, now sitting on 11 points after 6 games. 4 games to go so need either 3 wins or 2 wins and a draw to get another promotion. Somewhat snatching at chances lately. Was tempted to replace Vardy with MOTM Son but Vardy has done nothing wrong so far, although I've seen some great things about Son.

Midfield a bit of a pain though, playing a midfield 3 and have Kante as the only real constant starter. Rest is rotated between Coutinho/Eriksen/IF Lallana/Dembele & Yaya. Prefer playing Coutinho & Lallana but find Coutinho runs out of energy quite quick. Brought Yaya in for 2 games last night and didn't overly enjoy him, seemed weaker than Lallana for example. Will probably sell him, am I missing any BPL midfielder there that I should have?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Bit of a mixed bag so far now. Suffered my first season's defeat 6 games into Division 3, now sitting on 11 points after 6 games. 4 games to go so need either 3 wins or 2 wins and a draw to get another promotion. Somewhat snatching at chances lately. Was tempted to replace Vardy with MOTM Son but Vardy has done nothing wrong so far, although I've seen some great things about Son.

Midfield a bit of a pain though, playing a midfield 3 and have Kante as the only real constant starter. Rest is rotated between Coutinho/Eriksen/IF Lallana/Dembele & Yaya. Prefer playing Coutinho & Lallana but find Coutinho runs out of energy quite quick. Brought Yaya in for 2 games last night and didn't overly enjoy him, seemed weaker than Lallana for example. Will probably sell him, am I missing any BPL midfielder there that I should have?

Im in a similar boat as regards to midfield. Playing Kanta and Lallana as CM's and Eriksen a CAM and rotating Dele Alli as needed. Would love to boost my midfield.

Try out Fernandinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Apparently this is the confirmed totw according to some thread on the forums. Think they check the database somehow and note which players have had their price range adjusted or something if anybody is wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If gueye does get a inform he will be better then Kante and another very good option for midfield.

• Advertisement

Went to buy 3 Van Aanholt OTW cards last Thursday for 25k. Didn't. Bought a Payet instead. Now regretting it.

Advertisement