Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I've started preparing for the potential Calcio A League SBC. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to pick up that might be a bit obscure. Some rare silvers that might be needed or anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

wong wrote: »
    I've started preparing for the potential Calcio A League SBC. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to pick up that might be a bit obscure. Some rare silvers that might be needed or anything?

There's some of the lower teams that are nearly entirely silver. Go to Futbin, and go through each team and if there's less than 11 golds on the team, try to bid on as many silvers as possible to fill them out.

Personally, I have 15-18 players for 99% of the teams (don't have the more expensive teams done, cause their prices won't rise as high as the silver teams).

At the very least, focus on left and right backs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

wardides wrote: »
    In htheory should Division 2/3 be easier when Weekend League is running?

In theory yeah but in reality, it's not any easier.

People dive in and out of the weekend league (and not just the best players). There is likely only a fraction of players from any given division competing in any given weekend league. I see people at the weekends that have their squads named "Weekend League" fairly regularly. In Division 1, my results are exactly the same at the weekend as during the week.

I finished another season in D1 last night with the usual story, survived with two games to go but no where near the title. Need to turn 4-2-2 into 7-2-1....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

v3ttel wrote: »

People dive in and out of the weekend league (and not just the best players). There is likely only a fraction of players from any given division competing in any given weekend league. I see people at the weekends that have their squads named "Weekend League" fairly regularly. In Division 1, my results are exactly the same at the weekend as during the week.

I finished another season in D1 last night with the usual story, survived with two games to go but no where near the title. Need to turn 4-2-2 into 7-2-1....

Can't believe how much I struggled to be honest. I had 5 games left and I actually quit out of 2 of them straight away in order to get back into Division 3 again so i could get a couple of games in the weekend. Hopefully I can get out of Division 3 and give Division 2 a good go this weekend. Don't play much Weekend League (only played 1 this year as don't ever have the time) but will do weekend after this so desperate to get into Weekend league for the 10th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

v3ttel wrote: »

Thats the usual story with d1 I just feel like I can't go any further with it I can easily retain it usually finish about 17 or 18 points and a handful of times I came up a point short to win it but unless I figure out some drastic new game plan I can't see me winning it.

I even tried using gold training cards on my goalies to turn them into beasts but it makes no difference they will concede the same goals into bottom corners and long shots too.

I suppose in a way we should be somewhat happy division one is ment for the best of the best to win so if we were doing it easily it would be no achievement.

• Advertisement

I always find when I use attribute cards on players they perform worse. 100% placebo effect but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

wong wrote: »

The 3 teams that have few gold will be the most troublesome these are Crotone, Palermo and Pescara.

I have gone down the route of getting as many players possible for each team. My rationale is that I will definitely have every position covered and I will generally have at least 10 players to offload once I have completed each team SBC. When I did the Suarez one it paid off big time and I made some serious coinage on the leftovers.You can particularly make coins on positions like LB/RB silver when often a CB will fill in that position for the SBC and you can sell the LB/RB for a load of coins :D

I always find when I use attribute cards on players they perform worse. 100% placebo effect but still!

Im sure this could be right I never used them myself to be honest but it didn't seem to help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone ever tried IF/MOTM Fabregas? Tempted to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really hoping for monthly rewards this evening. Stopped after 10 wins this week so no other decent rewards to look forward to. Some amazing IFs in the past month, not that I'm expecting any. Just hoping for even one that I'd use.

• Advertisement

Really hoping for monthly rewards this evening. Stopped after 10 wins this week so no other decent rewards to look forward to. Some amazing IFs in the past month, not that I'm expecting any. Just hoping for even one that I'd use.

Sorry to dash your hopes but monthly rewards are almost always the second Thursday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

i have never lost to a team using them but always seem to lose when i use them,it's like the game tries to balance it out so the other team doesnt get battered but goes too far the other way (tin foil hat on)

Dozyart wrote: »
    i have never lost to a team using them but always seem to lose when i use them,it's like the game tries to balance it out so the other team doesnt get battered but goes too far the other way (tin foil hat on)

Pretty much. I've only used them once so my sample size is quite small!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sorry to dash your hopes but monthly rewards are almost always the second Thursday of the month.

Well poor me so. Does that mean they'll include next week's TOTW as well?

Well poor me so. Does that mean they'll include next week's TOTW as well?

Nope. This is what you can get...

http://www.futhead.com/champions/rewards/?

Chiellini, Hazard and Hamsik are my dream picks.

Bet my highest rated will probably be Falcao though. I really do not want Bundesliga or La Liga crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sold Lamar and bought otw Depay instead,beast of a card, his free cards are ridiculous, I think high 90's for everything

Nope. This is what you can get...

http://www.futhead.com/champions/rewards/?

Chiellini, Hazard and Hamsik are my dream picks.

Bet my highest rated will probably be Falcao though. I really do not want Bundesliga or La Liga crap.

It's a weird worry to have but I bet if I get any high rated player it'll be that Dybala, whose SIF I've already got as untradeable. I'd be delighted with someone like Tolisso or Gabriel Jesus, some really decent lower rated cards there.

Word seems to be Italian and Japanese leagues are coming tonight! :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Word seems to be Italian and Japanese leagues are coming tonight! :D

Ohh i really hope we get Italian soon ive way too much money tied up in them.

Proabably my worst ever WL rewards. Gold 2 and my highest rated player in a pack was Pererya!

• Advertisement

Proabably my worst ever WL rewards. Gold 2 and my highest rated player in a pack was Pererya!

I got Jack wilshire woop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ohh i really hope we get Italian soon ive way too much money tied up in them.

Yeah, its not that I even want Higgy that much. But I've had so much tied up for so long, so it will be great to get 15+ packs tonight and sell off all the spares :P

Yeah, its not that I even want Higgy that much. But I've had so much tied up for so long, so it will be great to get 15+ packs tonight and sell off all the spares :P

Im just gonna flog the lot I've no interest in hig I know I'd be **** using him there is noway he would be better then mertens. Probably get about 500k for the whole league on pc it cost me less them 300 and that'd with most of the Juve players.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Do we know its been released tonight, is it from a credible source

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

seamie78 wrote: »
    Do we know its been released tonight, is it from a credible source

The guy who leaks the totws released these images.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

He was spot on, Italian and Japanese...but bed is calling !

Definitely not worth it can by a 91 high for under 200k.

18/20 done the Italian league with what I already had in my club. Have to buy one or two players for Juventus (didnt buy expensive players before hand) and Palermo (sold my golds for the Cavani SBC a few days ago). Realtive to other SBCs though, it's looking really easy to do. I'm guessing cause it's not as good as his latest IF card, they've kept the price of completion down; Juve only needs an 82 rated team and most others are around 78-79. There's no "Have 1 Brazillian" type of restrictions.

Japanese league will make BPM very fun :P

Blue Cabral, Gotze and Schweinsteiger x2 best of my pack pulls :(

Blue card gave me a heart attack at first :(

• Advertisement

Finally selling OTW Mane. He's going for around 430k on PS4 right now, could probably get more if I wait til tomorrow but want a new team for WL. Gonna give IF Gabriel Jesus a go.

Advertisement