Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is weekend league pairings done by how you finished the last month? I have come up against nothing but teams of ronaldo and messi and all the sbc players unreal quality and all last month it was junk teams I played against.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

jayo26 wrote: »
    Is weekend league pairings done by how you finished the last month? I have come up against nothing but teams of ronaldo and messi and all the sbc players unreal quality and all last month it was junk teams I played against.

Might be due to the requirements over the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pretty sure it's done randomly at the beginning and then matches you up to higher or lower skilled players depending on how you do.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's done randomly at the beginning and then matches you up to higher or lower skilled players depending on how you do.

Its just ive never experienced the level of team before over the past couple months and this is my first time having completed a month beforehand and gained gold so I'm wondering is that it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Speaking as someone who doesn't play WL, I've noticed the quality of team and player has gone up massively over the last few weeks. Pre Xmas, there was rarely superteams, and now every second team is one :/

• Advertisement

Do you not play weekend league at all much TSC? I had to start playing it or else fifa 17 is finished for me the seasons just get so repetitive now.

Do you not play weekend league at all much TSC? I had to start playing it or else fifa 17 is finished for me the seasons just get so repetitive now.

I don't play it at all tbh.

Mainly because my brother is a teacher, and after a long week in work, I tend to let him "have the Xbox", so to speak. I tend to play Monday to Friday when he's not around, and let him have the weekends. I might get a few games here and there, but nowhere near enough to justify doing them.

That, and I really hate how difficult it all is, in terms of the level of player you get, and the dreadfully boring teams you come up against. I'm not saying outside WL is great.

Honestly, I've hit the point now where I'm just cycling through teams, seeing whats fun. Gonna build something with SBC Higuian up front and SIF Mertens in behind him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't play it at all tbh.

Mainly because my brother is a teacher, and after a long week in work, I tend to let him "have the Xbox", so to speak. I tend to play Monday to Friday when he's not around, and let him have the weekends. I might get a few games here and there, but nowhere near enough to justify doing them.

That, and I really hate how difficult it all is, in terms of the level of player you get, and the dreadfully boring teams you come up against. I'm not saying outside WL is great.

Honestly, I've hit the point now where I'm just cycling through teams, seeing whats fun. Gonna build something with SBC Higuian up front and SIF Mertens in behind him.

Yeh I get ya Im pretty much at same point weekend league is only thing keeping me intrested I'd say I have another few weeks of it and I'll be done.

Yeh I get ya Im pretty much at same point weekend league is only thing keeping me intrested I'd say I have another few weeks of it and I'll be done.

if I get to March 23rd, the new Mass Effect game is out. That'll keep me well occupied for a while...

After playing a few games there I might actually be done now. With Overwatch's new season just after starting I might just make a return to that.

• Advertisement

After playing a few games there I might actually be done now. With Overwatch's new season just after starting I might just make a return to that.

You must be after throwing in the towell about 20 times this year :):) it is frustrating tho infairness.

You must be after throwing in the towell about 20 times this year :):) it is frustrating tho infairness.

I've gotten pìssed off with it enough times but after playing today I realised I was just bored. Even when winning the game doesn't feel all that fun anymore, I suppose it's hard to complain after getting about 12 weekends worth of play out of it.

I'm gonna sell up and continue to trade probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Have gained 240k since doing 17/18 teams of the higuain SBC(bloody Palermo the only on left) and since the marquee match ups came out. Packed IF keita and also mkhitaryan and sold a lot of Arab league players for 1.5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah it's a great feeling when the Marquee Matchups don't cost you a single coin, ain't it?

It is for me anyway, since I never have more than 10k at any time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Overwatch placements are nearly as annoying as FIFA :P

Overwatch placements are nearly as annoying as FIFA :P

Yeah but they're a new annoyance, or at least one I haven't had to experience for a while :pac:

In the meantime I'm putting all my coins into OTW Payets and Deulofeus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sold a Sporting KC defender I had in my club for 25k :pac: about 3 on the market, probably could've sold for more but wanted the quick coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Won Division 1!

C6CzJTaWQAAHLAw.jpg

The fact that all the good players are playing WL has nothing to do with my win. Nothing at all.

Total different experience this morning loads of crap teams one after the other in weekend league managed to win 6 in a row to get gold 3 and still have another 5 games to go for gold 1.

Sold my team and I'm putting all my coins into OTW cards. I've gotten 3 Payets, 1 Sanson, 1 Deulofeu, and 2 Berahinos at the moment so hoping for some big games. Still waiting on SIF Brozovic to sell.

• Advertisement

Jayo, you're always on about Mertens. Want to build a team round him and SBC Higuain. So, in your experience, where's best to play Mertens? Single striker? Pair of strikers? CAM? CF?

Jayo, you're always on about Mertens. Want to build a team round him and SBC Higuain. So, in your experience, where's best to play Mertens? Single striker? Pair of strikers? CAM? CF?

Single striker with inform brozovic just behind him have a look at brozovic stats you will see why also if you can inform Bonaventura is an excellent midfielder in CM role he gets tons of goals from outside the box and gas loads of stamina too for tracking back and also inform Perisic on the left feels better then inform Insigne he has way better crossing and shooting.

Single striker with inform brozovic just behind him have a look at brozovic stats you will see why also if you can inform Bonaventura is an excellent midfielder in CM role he gets tons of goals from outside the box and gas loads of stamina too for tracking back and also inform Perisic on the left feels better then inform Insigne he has way better crossing and shooting.

<3 Bonaventura. Used him a few weeks back and his long shots were so, so much fun.

Brozovic looks a good shout. 80+ rating on all positions other than the defensives :eek:

Will try Perisic over Insigne too. Thanks :)

<3 Bonaventura. Used him a few weeks back and his long shots were so, so much fun.

Brozovic looks a good shout. 80+ rating on all positions other than the defensives :eek:

Will try Perisic over Insigne too. Thanks :)

You won't go far wrong in the Italian league it has the best mid 80s players in the game and defence wise dont worry about informs just regular Sandra, manolas, florenzi and one of the Juve defenders are all good enough just keep away from buffon.

You won't go far wrong in the Italian league it has the best mid 80s players in the game and defence wise dont worry about informs just regular Sandra, manolas, florenzi and one of the Juve defenders are all good enough just keep away from buffon.

Looking at
    Sandro - Barzagli - Manolas - Peres
    IF Donnarumma

I've used, and liked, Peres at RB before because of his pace. And all I've read about Buffon is bad things, but IF Donna has done me ok in the past.

Looking at
    Sandro - Barzagli - Manolas - Peres
    IF Donnarumma

I've used, and liked, Peres at RB before because of his pace. And all I've read about Buffon is bad things, but IF Donna has done me ok in the past.

Keep me updated on donaruma I haven't used him but was thinking of giving him a blast... Sometimes handanovic makes the oddest dives ever.

Who'd you have on the right wing? (If you were using wingers)

Not sure if I should go with IF Cuadrado or SIF Salah...

Who'd you have on the right wing? (If you were using wingers)

Not sure if I should go with IF Cuadrado or SIF Salah...

Cuadrado all the time I used 87 Salah but much prefer cuadrado for his skill moves and I think he feels stronger.

Screenshot_20170304_122929.png

My full team haven't really changed it in while it gets me threw division one easily so no need

• Advertisement

Naingolan, I really like the looks of but am always afraid of investing so much in a non--IF card.

Advertisement