Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Grimy I know, but putting up normal fitness cards for about 1k tricks people into buying them. I've sold about a dozen out of the 40-ish I put up.

I have no shame.

Have sold 4 so far today for 1000 coins :pac:

I've sold up most of my IFs now. Might just stick to BPM and hawking off fitness cards like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Changed up my team massively and I now have a front 2 of Suarez, Rodriguez and Griezmann

thinking about selling Griezmann for IF Ben Yedder, is there much of a downgrade? 5 star left foot means he could play on the right side of Suarez and would mean I could finally invest in a defense as I have Mangala and Umtiti and everything gets passed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Opened up all my packs from MM and POTM...first silver pack I got a silver English ST IF :pac: first I've ever gotten. Also, if you can afford to get POTM Kane, get him. He's unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fek ye with all your good news I just got elite for the first time and still have 4 games left.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Im thinking of going same direction with 85 toliso behind him. Some nice midfielders in French league.

Ben arfa is by far the best non IF cam in fut I reckon, he matches lacazette goal for goal

• Advertisement

Had time to play two games, so bought non-IF Ben Arfa based on Blazer's post, and stuck him behind SBC Lacazette and SBC Giginac for fun.

Won both games, 6-0 and 4-0 (this after a big losing streak).

Giginac was 1 goal in 5 games when I used him before. He scored 7 of those 10 goals. Lacazette scored the other three. Was really fun.

Mind, in both games, both people paused quickly when the game started and altered their formation, and as a result, both left gaping holes in their defenses in a bid to play "like dem youtuberz". I've yet to play anyone who utilized the "switch formation to accommodate hybrids" tactic efficiently....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have to say Kane is doing the business. Playing him RS and his powered high shots from edge of the box are just floating in top corner across the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've yet to play anyone who utilized the "switch formation to accommodate hybrids" tactic efficiently....

I have the opposite experience. In the WL league or D1 when someone changes formations, it's nearly always a tough game.

I've been doing it myself recently but I wish it wasn't a thing. Some formations are just too difficult to get chemistry (4-1-2-1-2 - second variation) with and some are so easy (4-3-2-1)

v3ttel wrote: »
    I have the opposite experience. In the WL league or D1 when someone changes formations, it's nearly always a tough game.

I've been doing it myself recently but I wish it wasn't a thing. Some formations are just too difficult to get chemistry (4-1-2-1-2 - second variation) with and some are so easy (4-3-2-1)

Ah, in fairness, D1 and the WL are things I have no experience with :P

I'm sure there's evidence it does work. But the people I'm facing in D3 who try it seem to be doing it for the sake of doing it, rather than using it in any way effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Just packed Hero Sergi Roberto. In once sense its sickening because of the other MOTM players but t least its a profitable card.

Doubt it will go up in value? Should probably offload?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

OTW trading works a charm yet again. Bought depay for 130, sold when he scored at 170. He scored again so I picked him up at 180 and sold for 250 :) Draxler has big boots to fill tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just realised Son scored a hat trick in the cup, playing central too, 2MOTM on the way.

Adam1100 wrote: »
    OTW trading works a charm yet again. Bought depay for 130, sold when he scored at 170. He scored again so I picked him up at 180 and sold for 250 :) Draxler has big boots to fill tonight!

I feel that this is probably the next form of trading I really should study, but I know if I bought Depay, he'd have a **** game :P

I've got 4 OTW Guedes bought for 25k each in the club. Doesn't play a whole lot for PSG but their playing Lorient who are bottom of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When are MOTMs released? Might sell Son and some other bits and bobs to afford the new MOTM Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fingers crossed Depay gets an IF...have his otw card and he's a beast..his stats are already ridiculously good.

Blazer wrote: »
    fingers crossed Depay gets an IF...have his otw card and he's a beast..his stats are already ridiculously good.

With a goal like That he will no doubt.. I just bought his 85 card this morning bloody raging.

Screenshot_20170312_201336.png

Played one game and won 5-2 depay got 3 and lacazette got two the energy and movement seems good but need more games to proper judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Screenshot_20170312_201336.png

Played one game and won 5-2 depay got 3 and lacazette got two the energy and movement seems good but need more games to proper judge.

Perrin scored a 94th minute goal to level the game the other day. Don't know if it will get him an in form just letting you know.

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Perrin scored a 94th minute goal to level the game the other day. Don't know if it will get him an in form just letting you know.

Ahh he didn't cost that much anyway with all the coins if lost by stupid decisions over past few weeks he will be an easy one to take Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm starting to wonder if Bale is glitched. It doesn't matter what my opponent does to him, it's not a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Guffy

Just played someone who scored after 2 min, dabbed and watched every second of replay and the cut screen of the scorer...... infuriating.

I beat him 5-1 and made him watch every bit of mine out of spite and threw in the shush celebration for good measure each time :D so satisfying!!

For the lulz, I'm going to buy 20 Fellaini cards for 1000 and stick them up for 2500 ahead of the game tonight. With all of United's strikers out, its likely he's going to be thrust up front.

For the lulz, I'm going to buy 20 Fellaini cards for 1000 and stick them up for 2500 ahead of the game tonight. With all of United's strikers out, its likely he's going to be thrust up front.

Put striker position cards on him and hump up the price I bet ya people go mad for him

Put striker position cards on him and hump up the price I bet ya people go mad for him

Would cost 2000 coins to convert him to a striker though :P

Would cost 2000 coins to convert him to a striker though :P

Really are they that expensive on xbox? Ouch

Really are they that expensive on xbox? Ouch

Yeap.

CM - CAM = 400

CAM - CF = 1300

CF - ST = 250

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He is on bench. Rashford starts.

Ended up not getting them because my transfer list was full, so relieved I didnt carry through on that :pac:

• Advertisement

I've tried every player instruction possible, SBC Higuain is afraid of headers. I run down the wing and he sprints as fast as he can towards the box, then gets to the edge of the box, stops, and starts walking away. Either or that or while I'm running towards the wing he just follows me the entire way into the corner as if he's defending against me.

Advertisement