Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone know what the best custom tactics are for a short passing game?

Start off by changing passing distance and risk down to 10 and play a few games and move them up if you think it's a bit too safe thats the way I did mine I basically played few games and adjusted them and play some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fernandinho has been great for me. Kante always does this sliding animation when he is receiving the most simple of passes for me which means he loses possession when no one else is around and his shooting is poor.

Yaya has low defensively work rates, and Bailly has high attacking work rates which both won't help.

What are your custom tactics? In general, always start on defensive, never use team mate contain if it's going to drag one of your back four out of position. It might also be the areas/ways you are losing the ball, rather than your actual defense. I was struggling defensively and switched to 4-2-3-1 and it's made a massive difference. I'm keeping cleansheets in most games now. I only tend to lose the ball on the wings where it's not instantly dangerous, and one of the two CDMs always seems to make it back to help the defense.

Here are my two teams. Added SBC Suarez over the weekend.

d13XaiFl.png

I end up switching to 4-2-3-1. Gabriel Jesus is ridiculously good, I have no idea what it is about him because his stats are poor. I can only imagine how good his IF/OTW cards are. I know jayo said that he is a monster and I can well believe it. I can't score a free kick with anyone other than Eriksen, but he scores nearly every one. His 5 star weak foot is unbelievable too. Willian & Martial are ridiculously good, Willian seems to score nearly every chance which is odd because I normally struggle with finishing.

Glad someone else is experiencing Jesus like me :):) he is awesome he the only reason I'm keeping my prem team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

jayo26 wrote: »
    Glad someone else is experiencing Jesus like me :):) he is awesome he the only reason I'm keeping my prem team.

Jesus is the best ever. Have his if absolutely love the card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

v3ttel wrote:
    I end up switching to 4-2-3-1. Gabriel Jesus is ridiculously good, I have no idea what it is about him because his stats are poor. I can only imagine how good his IF/OTW cards are. I know jayo said that he is a monster and I can well believe it. I can't score a free kick with anyone other than Eriksen, but he scores nearly every one. His 5 star weak foot is unbelievable too. Willian & Martial are ridiculously good, Willian seems to score nearly every chance which is odd because I normally struggle with finishing.

4321 no?

4321 no?

No, I start with 4-3-2-1 as shown and then normally switch towards the start of the game to 4-2-3-1 wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

2IF Eriksen is an absolute dream. Dished out for him for weekend league and have held onto him.

Used pretty much all of my budget but can't argue with 10 goals and 5 assists in 12 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Here's my breakdown of the Suarez SBC on PS4. Might be useful for anyone thinking of doing it.

MTNJObZl.png

After seeing your post I decided to do the sbc. My plan was to sell only items I received in packs as part of sbc and see what coins I had left.

Just finished now started with 600k coins have 258k now mostly from selling cuadrado who I packed as part of sbc. I still have around 110 items left and once they are sold I will sell my Suarez normal card. Also in last pack I got lukuka so will either sell him or make a prem team around him. Definitely going to be in profit but two lucky packs the rest were rubbish.

Eoghan. wrote: »
    After seeing your post I decided to do the sbc. My plan was to sell only items I received in packs as part of sbc and see what coins I had left.

Just finished now started with 600k coins have 258k now mostly from selling cuadrado who I packed as part of sbc. I still have around 110 items left and once they are sold I will sell my Suarez normal card. Also in last pack I got lukuka so will either sell him or make a prem team around him. Definitely going to be in profit but two lucky packs the rest were rubbish.

Wow so you packed SIF Cuadrado and FIF Lukaku. That's unreal, must be nearly 800K between those two cards alone. Glad my SBC breakdown helped.

Congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meanwhile, I got nothing from the Kane or Higuain SBCs :(

I've still gotta knock out Real and Atletico SBCs, but the price is putting me off...

Played a few games last night with inform yaya and inform can in midfield and they are awesome really solid alot better then Kante.

I can't as anymore season now until weekend I need one point from two games to retain division one and I'll play it Friday or Saturday to qualify for next week's weekend league so I can take this weekend off I've nothing to play for really as I won't get monthly elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was at home yesterday so decided to see how far I can get in the daily knockout after not playing WL since Jan. I remember why I stopped playing it now....the game felt so slow and my players felt sluggish as well. Managed to win a game then got destroyed by 89 Mertens and 87(?) Insigne...both grabbing a hat trick and the game ending 7-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ibrahimovic has opened my eyes to set pieces and long kick outs. Always used to play it short on kick outs but now I hit it long and Ibrahimovic knocks it on to Son 90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Cjs21 wrote: »
    https://postimg.cc/image/ja6salqor/

While we're at it. I'm leaking goals and possession in midfield.

Thinking of investing in IF Can to replace Yaya. Any recommendations, also I've been trying out different chem styles on most players, so most can be ignored for now :D

Changed Bailly for Komapny, bought Can and replaced Toure with him. Changed the speed of build up play and team width. Back in Div 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Cjs21 wrote:
    Changed Bailly for Komapny, bought Can and replaced Toure with him. Changed the speed of build up play and team width. Back in Div 1

Any chance of a screen of your custom tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Live reveal of the totw on FIFA ultimate team Facebook page at 13:40 if you did not hear. Well that's when the broadcast starts anyway.
    Edit: 1:40 GMT, forgot we are in summer time :( so 2:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Weird James McClean bug?

So on XBox James McCleans have been appearing every few seconds for the past hour or so. There were very few of them on the market and a lot of the earlier ones were snapped up at the BIN price of 10000. They are all popping up at start price of 300 with a BIN of 10000. Currently there are over 50 of them. They cant be one guy doing it as he could not have stored them all there have been so many and if he was it would be a stupid way to offload them.

It really looks like a bug issuing James McCleans in packs over and over. Really odd !

Edit: I put in a few bids but they were BIN for 10000 despite the fact that there are now over 70 of them and they continue to pop up ! Its like as if EA are removing them.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Weird James McClean bug?

So on XBox James McCleans have been appearing every few seconds for the past hour or so. There were very few of them on the market and a lot of the earlier ones were snapped up at the BIN price of 10000. They are all popping up at start price of 300 with a BIN of 10000. Currently there are over 50 of them. They cant be one guy doing it as he could not have stored them all there have been so many and if he was it would be a stupid way to offload them.

It really looks like a bug issuing James McCleans in packs over and over. Really odd !

Edit: I put in a few bids but they were BIN for 10000 despite the fact that there are now over 70 of them and they continue to pop up ! Its like as if EA are removing them.

The market often seems quite funny (cards disappearing, sold card reappearing in new searches) because of the way EA implemented it. They have to cache cards locally so you might see differences between what's on the server and what your console will see. It can lead to some funny behavior.

They didn't have any caching in the original FUT, and it took about 15 seconds to scroll between cards, nevermind scrolling to a next page. Imagine millions of people playing FUT all trying to load some of the millions of cards on the transfer market which is being hosted on their servers which seem to be made out of potatoes.

It probably explains it, although my explanation sucks.

• Advertisement

Two hours later and they are still coming strong. I bid on about 20 of them and lost out as they all were sold for maximum price of 10k. Has to be an EA screw up !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Two hours later and they are still coming strong. I bid on about 20 of them and lost out as they all were sold for maximum price of 10k. Has to be an EA screw up !

Actually, you are probably right.

Have a look at his price history on Xbox. He's going for 10K, where as he has a normal price on PS4. It could be a group of lads trying to make him extinct so EA raise his price range but that would be stupidity.....

https://www.futbin.com/17/player/2406/mcclean

v3ttel wrote: »
    Actually, you are probably right.

Have a look at his price history on Xbox. He's going for 10K, where as he has a normal price on PS4. It could be a group of lads trying to make him extinct so EA raise his price range but that would be stupidity.....

https://www.futbin.com/17/player/2406/mcclean

So three and a half hours he is now going strong popping up and every single one being bought for 10k with about 20 minutes left !

Inform Keane will be a definite buy this weekend his stats are really good and tall and strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Anyone hear about 8 new Legends coming out for Fut Birthday?

Rumour on Twitter has Diego Maradona as one of them.

If correct I will sell everything to get him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I assumed fut birthday wasn't happening this year, having said that the upgrade sbcs are coming to an end so I'm sure ea have something planned

seamie78 wrote: »
    I assumed fut birthday wasn't happening this year, having said that the upgrade sbcs are coming to an end so I'm sure ea have something planned

Its been advertised on their website since last weekend that it's starting this weekend ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its been advertised on their website since last weekend that it's starting this weekend ;);)

I should really look things up a bit more before posting :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I'm not playing at the moment but am still working ideas for teams I wanna try when I do play....and I've realised that SBC Suarez just looks so awesome and fits into teams, especially since Messi's price has dropped a bit too.

So quick question; do you reckon the prices of Real and Atletico players will drop with FUT Birthday? You'd imagine there'll be loads of packs opened driving down some prices, right? I'll wait a few days if it's cheaper, but prices shouldn't increase, should they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I'm not playing at the moment but am still working ideas for teams I wanna try when I do play....and I've realised that SBC Suarez just looks so awesome and fits into teams, especially since Messi's price has dropped a bit too.

So quick question; do you reckon the prices of Real and Atletico players will drop with FUT Birthday? You'd imagine there'll be loads of packs opened driving down some prices, right? I'll wait a few days if it's cheaper, but prices shouldn't increase, should they?

Prices will drop a bit tonight with WL Rewards, depending on what's on offer at the weekend they might drop even more.

Advertisement