Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Very early in the month and with Kane back he might not play much more this month

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hoping Coutinho gets it...wouldn't mind spending whatever it takes to get a Liverpool POTM :P

Also got IF Keita from the TOTW untradeable SBC. Got IF Schurrle last week... Bundesliga side it is! Any recommendations for RF+ST?

Coutinho wouldn't be cheap, being rated 89/90.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Coutinho wouldn't be cheap, being rated 89/90.

I'll have about 400-500k to splash on him :D we'll see if he can keep up the form for the month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've reached the point where I'm finished trading. Have 1.6m coins, plenty of very good untradeables, and the German league ready to go whenever they bother. No motivation to carry on trading really.

Playing round with the idea of a team of lower-tiered legends.

Just played a game of WL where I was 3-0 down within 15 minutes, the second goal coming from a penalty save that was slapped directly back onto my opponents foot for the rebound. By half time it was 4-0. Ended up getting it back to 4-4 concluding with a Dybala 90th minute screamer, took a corner and knocked it to him outside the box. Won 5-4 in extra time, probably the most ridiculous game I've played all year.

• Advertisement

Actually no, I change my mind immediately, what in the world is this?

https://streamable.com/78nez

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

Same thing happened to me a couple of week's ago, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've reached the point where I'm finished trading. Have 1.6m coins, plenty of very good untradeables, and the German league ready to go whenever they bother. No motivation to carry on trading really.

Playing round with the idea of a team of lower-tiered legends.
    I'm loving my Legends. Playing a 433(4) with all Legends except SBC Buffon in goal and SBC Suarez up front. They feel so good to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

https://streamable.com/znjb8

Stealing this straight from Reddit. Credit to geforce6200. I didn't even know half of these skills where in the game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

14murphy wrote: »

Stealing this straight from Reddit. Credit to geforce6200. I didn't even know half of these skills where in the game !!

I detest people like him. Love nothing more then beating these lads.

• Advertisement

I detest people like him. Love nothing more then beating these lads.
    Still tho man looks so impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I was playing a guy the other day and he did nothing but skill moves for the entire game it looks stupid and unrealistic but it got me thinking would something like a skill bar for the entire team work? Or maybe have skills linked to fatigue and the more you bash the skills stick the more it tires your player?

jayo26 wrote: »
    I was playing a guy the other day and he did nothing but skill moves for the entire game it looks stupid and unrealistic but it got me thinking would something like a skill bar for the entire team work? Or maybe have skills linked to fatigue and the more you bash the skills stick the more it tires your player?

Like a kind of skill momentum bar ? The more good game play you have would increas the chanc of a skill working ?

Like a kind of skill momentum bar ? The more good game play you have would increas the chanc of a skill working ?

Anything that would make it more rewarding to play one good skill move instead of repeatedly doing the same thing over and over.

Personally I'd love to see it effect player fatigue the more you use skill moves on the one player the less energy they will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I laugh when I see someone do an ungodly amount of skill moves.
    I cry when they actually know when to use them.

wong wrote: »

I feel the same i dont have any problem playing against them unless they are actually able to use them at same time I just think it ruins the game.

Usually, I find the ones spamming skill moves don't know when to use them effectively. Clatter them once, and tend to smack them on counter attacks.

Berty44 wrote: »
    I'm loving my Legends. Playing a 433(4) with all Legends except SBC Buffon in goal and SBC Suarez up front. They feel so good to play with.

Any chance you've tried Keane? Tempted to put him in the middle of my team and build round him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep I have Keane. I rotate him with Rijkaard and Veron for 2 of my 3 CM spots.

Nothing special about him really although I could really say that about all the Legends. Its when I put them all together in the one team they seem to be a powerful force. They intercept passes are just seem to be able to help overpower opponents and if I lose with them its generally down to some terrible defending on my part. I know you were going to get SBC Suarez up front, for me with the Legends around him his goalscoring record for me at the best of any ST I have ever used.

I find Zola at CAM to be brilliant ( often better than Scholes who I rotate him with ). Before I had Bonaventure as CAM I had Zola as my only Legend for ages in my Serie A squad and he was class. If I was buillding a team around a cheap Legend he would be the guy I would go for and he is around 150k cheaper than Keane.

If you are going to buy a Legend often last thing at night is a good time to throw in a reasonable bid on one which is expiring. Also if you don't take to a Legend if you list them overnight you can often achieve great profits on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think in all my years playing FUT since it came out only once did I meet a player who knew them all and how to actually use them.
    I had a team rated 87 (spanish league) and he had a team rated around 81-82 with no big names...he completely ripped me apart and hammered me 9-1 or something like that..only reason I stuck with the match was it was a lesson in how to use skills.

• Advertisement

This is the team I'm currently building but might need a few tweaks.

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/2865522

Have 260k in the bank, any upgrades or changes would be recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Buy David Luiz. Absolute tank in defense for me. I heard if geuye from Everton is meant to be beast at cdm also meant to be better than kante Don't bother with mane. He's muck. If Jesus all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

As someone on Reddit said, they're all friendly games. So while it's impressive how he can link tricks, he's either beating no hopers or his friends are sliding all over the place making him look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Maybe IF Can or Matic? Get a bit of height at CDM.

Yeh I can't recommend in form can enough he is excellent in midfield and you need some height in there.

The back four are grand im using ogbonna now too he is excellent with smalling.

Instead of Mane id have orange wallcot he is really good and of course as striker id have inform Jesus no one gets near him.

IF Jesus scored four on his debut!

I love using Sanchez but he doesn't score or assist enough so I might have to sell him.
    I replaced Fernandinho with Herrera who is excellent after the upgrade.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep I have Keane. I rotate him with Rijkaard and Veron for 2 of my 3 CM spots.

Nothing special about him really although I could really say that about all the Legends. Its when I put them all together in the one team they seem to be a powerful force. They intercept passes are just seem to be able to help overpower opponents and if I lose with them its generally down to some terrible defending on my part. I know you were going to get SBC Suarez up front, for me with the Legends around him his goalscoring record for me at the best of any ST I have ever used.

I find Zola at CAM to be brilliant ( often better than Scholes who I rotate him with ). Before I had Bonaventure as CAM I had Zola as my only Legend for ages in my Serie A squad and he was class. If I was buillding a team around a cheap Legend he would be the guy I would go for and he is around 150k cheaper than Keane.

If you are going to buy a Legend often last thing at night is a good time to throw in a reasonable bid on one which is expiring. Also if you don't take to a Legend if you list them overnight you can often achieve great profits on them.

Hadn't really looked at Zola's stats, but wow, yeah. He looks awesome! I want to use SBC Suarez up front, preferablly in a 4-3-1-2, so Zola looks a good choice for my CAM :) Thanks.

And will keep the buying/selling tips in mind too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

40 games Is too much for one weekend, Went to bed with 16 wins from 30 asked my brother to win 2 of the next 10 games for gold 3. He lost 3 in a row and went to bed pissed off.

This is what i'm thinking at the moment...

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3031992

Will cost round 1.4m and have 1.6m, so could possibly upgrade one or two positions still.

(Lloris is there cause I already have him, likewise the two French defenders, and they are solid enough, so may as well use them to focus coinage elsewhere).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

anyone know what day we can expect our bonus packs for the birthday sbcs

Advertisement