Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    To control the market.

Not to sound stupid but don't EA control the number of cards released to the players and the trading market ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

14murphy wrote: »
    Not to sound stupid but don't EA control the number of cards released to the players and the trading market ?

They do but it's more to limit trading to an extent, there's opportunities in trading which aren't worth the time required because of the 5% charge. There are opportunities to trade still but the 5% makes it harder to trade the markets

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

duffman13 wrote: »
    They do but it's more to limit trading to an extent, there's opportunities in trading which aren't worth the time required because of the 5% charge. There are opportunities to trade still but the 5% makes it harder to trade the markets
    Thank you. That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Hit gold 1 again this weekend so in line for elite monthly! Saving the packs for tots so should have 8 100k packs and all the other ones from marquee match ups and league SBCs ready.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus. Played some games today, and I've never been more bored in my life. Won and lost about the same number, but it was all just tika-taka possession games, where if I let in a goal, it was chasing ghosts as the other guy passed round his back four :( Just mindbogglingly boring matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jesus. Played some games today, and I've never been more bored in my life. Won and lost about the same number, but it was all just tika-taka possession games, where if I let in a goal, it was chasing ghosts as the other guy passed round his back four :( Just mindbogglingly boring matches.
    What Div are you up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't see how I can improve this now!

C9o2XHLXcAEuvII.jpg

I'll still only get Gold 2 with it in the WL but it looks awesome on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Struggling lately but i just played 3 ridiculous games there where over the 3 games i had 40-45 shots at goal, most on target to, everything from finesse shots to full power shots from 6 yards out, the keepers stopped everything and i lost the 3 of them to players who had considerably less shots, i did notice they had set their team up between january and march, have now gone from div.2 to div.5 using the same players who got me to div.2

Also noticed im playing a lot more games v players who set their teams up in 2016 or 2017, its rare now i play lads from before 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Struggling lately but i just played 3 ridiculous games there where over the 3 games i had 40-45 shots at goal, most on target to, everything from finesse shots to full power shots from 6 yards out, the keepers stopped everything and i lost the 3 of them to players who had considerably less shots, i did notice they had set their team up between january and march, have now gone from div.2 to div.5 using the same players who got me to div.2

Also noticed im playing a lot more games v players who set their teams up in 2016 or 2017, its rare now i play lads from before 2016

I say a lot of players delete their clubs..I've a FUT founder club and a lot of people refuse to play those..reckon we're **** hot..at least until they play me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think a lot of people don't want to risk their club been deleted so they buy new accounts with whatever amount of coins in them and use that account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Berty44 wrote: »
    What Div are you up to now?

Doc 3. It's where I spend 90% of my time now. The odd season, I get promoted or relegated, but most seasons, I do enough to maintain. Its very much my level.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Doc 3. It's where I spend 90% of my time now. The odd season, I get promoted or relegated, but most seasons, I do enough to maintain. Its very much my level.
    Same as me so really as I have just got promoted to Div 2 for the first time, will see how long that lasts ! I have been on a better run since just alternating playing with my Legends / Serie A bronze benched squads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Skill and WF upgrades released! Most noteworthy are Sturridge, Son 4* and Dembele 5*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just pulled Neymar and IF Balotelli from a Jumbo Gold pack (worth 15k). Madness. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Probably getting ahead of myself but I reckon son has a great chance of potm for april so spent this morning picking up nearly all the seoul players for near nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Skill and WF upgrades released! Most noteworthy are Sturridge, Son 4* and Dembele 5*

Son is a goal machine. I loved played with him but hated playing with BPL after my Lique 1 team. For me Ben Arfa is the best cam in the game, skill move and he can completely unlock defence. Went back to my Lique 1 team and hammered my opponents in the next couple of matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

seamie78 wrote: »
    Probably getting ahead of myself but I reckon son has a great chance of potm for april so spent this morning picking up nearly all the seoul players for near nothing

Spurs IF might also be a decent shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If they don't allow me to trade my POTM Son in as part of the SBC for a 2POTM Son I'll be mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Why did Sturridge get a skill upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lukker- wrote: »
    Why did Sturridge get a skill upgrade?

He got a new wheelchair liscense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Guffy

jayo26 wrote: »
    He got a new wheelchair liscense

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Am I going mad. Checking snodgrass on Futbin. His 75 West ham card and hull card are both going for more than his 77 West ham card. Why is this? It's for the same position so it's not that!

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Am I going mad. Checking snodgrass on Futbin. His 75 West ham card and hull card are both going for more than his 77 West ham card. Why is this? It's for the same position so it's not that!
    There have been a few 3.5 star weekend qualifying tournaments and I found those 75 cards can be handy to meet the requirements, not sure if thats the reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Berty44 wrote:
    There have been a few 3.5 star weekend qualifying tournaments and I found those 75 cards can be handy to meet the requirements, not sure if thats the reason though.

Awww yes that must be it. Nothing else would really explain it.

Ever come up against the idiots who put out a crap team to get fitness back for their full team in an online match instead of doing it offline against TOTW or whatever. You just know they are going to quit straight away.

Had two games to go in Div 2 needing a point to avoid relegation. Minute I saw his team I just knew he was a quitter. BUT I had the kickoff and after some good passing scored a goal before he got possession so when he did quit I got the win and had lost no fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Berty44 wrote:
    Ever come up against the idiots who put out a crap team to get fitness back for their full team in an online match instead of doing it offline against TOTW or whatever. You just know they are going to quit straight away.

His main team wouldn't regain fitness though if he quit.

I hate when that happens though :(

Thepoet85 wrote: »

I hate when that happens though :(

Why do people do it then. Happens very regularly. The guy I was playing had a poor silver team with players in wrong positions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Thepoet85 wrote:

They would as long as they're his subs and reserves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Guffy

Would it not ve to gain the player loyalty for sbc. Questioned someone before and that was what they said, pointed out he can get the same result in single player or totw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Makes much more sense to do it against TOTW as it doesn't count against your DNF %.

Advertisement