Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I thought it was something to do with coin farming was why they do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, advice.

Bought a load of players for a United squad. Selling them up now, but their prices have all fallen :( Can't even sell them for what I paid, let alone a little bit more to cover the EA Tax.

Reckon prices will pick up again and I keep listing, or take the loss and sell them? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, advice.

Reckon prices will pick up again and I keep listing, or take the loss and sell them? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Lads, advice.

Bought a load of players for a United squad. Selling them up now, but their prices have all fallen :( Can't even sell them for what I paid, let alone a little bit more to cover the EA Tax.

At this stage of the year, I can only see 90% of players prices dropping. Floating around the same price is just as possible, but I don't see the majority of players rising in value.

Cut your losses, get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lads, advice.

I think we all know how it works if you keep them they will go down in price on the other hand if you sell there will a big united sbc and prices will go through the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Yeah the market has absolutely tanked recently. Think it's because you tubers have told their following that team of the season is approaching and to sell your cards. Thankfully the only expensive card I have is messi. He's unfortunately down 70k from what I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

If people aren't opening packs till team of the season the price of cards will start to pick up between now and then. The new SBCs will suck a lot of players off the market too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

If you have good United players like Smalling wait until Thursday night Friday to sell them as prices usually rise when weekend league starts.

Converse is true, if you want a bargain go hunting Sunday night !

I've got Ibra, Pogba, IF Mkhi left to shift.

Pogba's down 25k from what I paid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Anyone know how to sign into my EA account on the PS4 itself? Created one using my PSN credentials but it doesn't seem to link and just won't let me use the companion app? There's a ridiculous amount of posts online of people with the same problem and no solution anywhere. I really hate EA sometimes.

• Advertisement

Nothing like losing the first round of a draft thanks to a bs penalty give a way complete by the AI :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nothing like losing the first round of a draft thanks to a bs penalty give a way complete by the AI :mad:

Just played there and I was on 3 wins and the game froze going into the 4th game at the loading screen. Waited 15 mins and reset (music was still playing) and got a DNF and had to make do with 3 wins prizes. Not that it really matters, I've won 4 in a row 15 or so times and the prizes are sh*te usually, lucky to make back the 15k it cost to enter. The best pull I've gotten actually came after 3 wins, Huguain. Packs for me are just useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IF Herrera 160k. Should drop more after rewards tomorrow. Thinking about replacing Kante at CDM with him even though Kante is the better option really.

J. Marston wrote: »
    IF Herrera 160k. Should drop more after rewards tomorrow. Thinking about replacing Kante at CDM with him even though Kante is the better option really.

I wouldn't if I was you his in game stats ain't the best definitely not comparable to kante.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

jayo26 wrote:
    I wouldn't if I was you his in game stats ain't the best definitely not comparable to kante.

A bit of realism in FUT at last :)

I want to wax lyrical about OTW Memphis.

I'm ****ing in love, lads. 17 goals in 21 games; I've no other player this year I've managed to get that far above a 1 goal every 2 games ratio. Using as a 6 chem right sided LF, up front with SBC Lacazette and Ben Arfa in behind as a CAM.

But even 17/21 sounds worse than he is, because a solid half, maybe more, of those 21 games was as a LM or a LW, where he wasn't scoring. Now, he's 10 goals in the last 3 games for me (hatrick, hatrick and 4 goals, so evenly spread), with three of them being the most stunning freekicks, all three from dead center as well, somewhere I've struggled to score freekicks from all year. Funny thing is when you get a free to the side a bit, people move a defender to cover a post. They don't bother when its a dead straight on free, cause no one ever scores from them :P Its like getting a penalty now.

Speaking of, zero penalties in that goal haul either. Some are when he runs into space. His stamina has meant a few were late game when he just muscled his way past defenders, ran half the pitch and scored. Some are rockets from outside the box. And I know if I score the first goal, and force my opponent to have to try attacking, I'm going to run straight through them.

Genuinely haven't had a player I felt was the complete package this year, up until now. He's just been incredible for me. Looks like he'll carry me through Div 3 into Div 2 this season. Absolutely adore him.

I want to wax lyrical about OTW Memphis.

I'm ****ing in love, lads. 17 goals in 21 games; I've no other player this year I've managed to get that far above a 1 goal every 2 games ratio. Using as a 6 chem right sided LF, up front with SBC Lacazette and Ben Arfa in behind as a CAM.

But even 17/21 sounds worse than he is, because a solid half, maybe more, of those 21 games was as a LM or a LW, where he wasn't scoring. Now, he's 10 goals in the last 3 games for me (hatrick, hatrick and 4 goals, so evenly spread), with three of them being the most stunning freekicks, all three from dead center as well, somewhere I've struggled to score freekicks from all year. Funny thing is when you get a free to the side a bit, people move a defender to cover a post. They don't bother when its a dead straight on free, cause no one ever scores from them :P Its like getting a penalty now.

Speaking of, zero penalties in that goal haul either. Some are when he runs into space. His stamina has meant a few were late game when he just muscled his way past defenders, ran half the pitch and scored. Some are rockets from outside the box. And I know if I score the first goal, and force my opponent to have to try attacking, I'm going to run straight through them.

Genuinely haven't had a player I felt was the complete package this year, up until now. He's just been incredible for me. Looks like he'll carry me through Div 3 into Div 2 this season. Absolutely adore him.

I have him as well and love him. A Goal magnet..he's a poacher, finesse finished, long distance goals, freek kicks etc...the only thing he's poor is it at penalties..once he gets to 10 games he's 7 chemistry.

Blazer wrote: »
    I have him as well and love him. A Goal magnet..he's a poacher, finesse finished, long distance goals, freek kicks etc...the only thing he's poor is it at penalties..once he gets to 10 games he's 7 chemistry.

Because I'm using Fellaini in behind him, he's at 6 with loyalty. Not that it's mattering at all, given how he's banging in goals :P

Lyon are using him as a Striker too so it would be nice to convert him to one if his next IF was a ST. The OTW card should have this option really.

Only starting playing FUT in Feb, used to just play seasons but that is boring AF these days, all the love has been going into FUT for a good while I don't know why it took me so long.

I also feel like I got my first complete player, traded in Sanchez, IF Benteke and a Di Maria that was on the bench to go for the Winter Upgrade Hazard. He's got 9 in 6 currently, my goal scoring stats are usually pretty poor, Higuain is my best and he only averages 1 in 2, with 60 goals in 120 and about 30 assists. Hazard has been tearing it up for me, popping up everywhere even getting a last min header to win a game. Even though his free kick stats aren't great, I've managed to score with both free kicks I've taken with him too.

I've also been rocking 2 squads, Calcio A and PL, but I've made a hybrid of them both and I'm gonna sell the surplus. Managed to get good chemistry but currently my defense is all Italian and I'm struggling to get the monster that is Smalling into my team, also wouldn't mind getting Walker in there too.

Hoping Hazard can fire me to Gold 1 in the WL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lost two finals in a row to awful goalkeeping mistakes today. First one being this beauty from Reina:

https://streamable.com/39xvx

Replaced him with Buffon after this and then in the next final Buffon had a shot from outside the box going straight at him, but the game bugged and he decided to stand side-on and dove into the net instead of just catching the ball.

Lost two finals in a row to awful goalkeeping mistakes today. First one being this beauty from Reina:

https://streamable.com/39xvx

Replaced him with Buffon after this and then in the next final Buffon had a shot from outside the box going straight at him, but the game bugged and he decided to stand side-on and dove into the net instead of just catching the ball.
    Haha, saw this on /r/FIFA, best of luck with Butland!

On the plus side, IF Herrera is fantastic if anyone's on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Another totw pack this week for completing the marquee matchups, of course I get the worst one. Sold for a whopping 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Non-Dutch PSV and Ajax golds are going for huge coins now because of the SBC, good time to sell if you've any. Got 7k for my Ziyech alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got Promes for my TOTW doing the Marquee Matchups. Not bad at all, goes for 40k+.

Got Thauvin myself, 50k.

Working through it now. Had everything for the Villa one. Packed Cook, a silver Bournemouth player going for 15k :O Probably a better pull than whatever TOTW I get. Finances the whole thing though :P

20170421_104854.jpg

Thanks ea :)

• Advertisement

Wow, the Dutch one is expensive...

GG Jayo :D

Advertisement