Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

J. Marston wrote: »
    IF Benteke is lethal at corners. He has 30 goals 34 games for me and I think at least 10 of them have come from smashing the corner near post and Benteke heading into the far corner.

He's a beast from set pieces period, with Hawk he has like 99 heading + jumping.

I had to sell him though, lack of movement up front frustrated me, don't think he suits playing lone striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lukker- wrote: »
    You could make a hybrid

Ended up using him as a sub and bringing him on asap. Fantastic player and 5 star skills

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Won a few games today, changed to 5 at the back, and im 14 unbeaten, EA will cop on to this fairly soon i'd imagine anyway iv'e played a good few teams with Jack Butland in goal, and i swear to f*ck, he is the greatest keeper in the history of football, there is no shot from any distance he cannot react to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can bearly scrape gold 3 in weekend league but just won division one for second straight time after changing my team up again.

Screenshot_20170422-204701.png

Put pogba behind sturridge and jesus the 3 of them are lethal just make sure fully stocked up on fitness cards for sturridge he flies threw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh man, I wish I didn't press the share button twice for what just happened. Would have loved to share it here. 3-0 down, about 65 minutes gone and this guy starts tapping it around the back and doing solos with players. Any other time and I might have quit but I just won the previous game on penalties after being 2-0 down so I said I'd stick it out.

He's doing skill passes with his backline. I intercept one, 3-1.

He kicks off and does it again. Pointless chasing from me for a short while before.....I intercept again, 3-2.

He kicks off and decides he should actually play properly now. But he's a jittery mess and can't pass. I score with my next attack, 3-3.

82 minutes gone when I equalise. Now I'm nervous because I have a knack for conceding late but one last sprint down the wing with Sturridge on 89 minutes, hopeful cross, Benteke! Bullet header! Oh I shushed the life out of him. Never time-waste, kids!

I received a few messages afterwards...

"Puto friki"

"Giry de Mierda"

"Puto inglés de mierda"

Sweetest Fifa win ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

"Puto friki"

"Giry de Mierda"

"Puto inglés de mierda"

I know that guy be careful

tumblr_o0lmys51vy1ryv9xko1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

4 games of WL tonight and I've scored 1 goal.

EDIT: Uninstalled FIFA, done for the year. Haven't played much recently anyway, but just realising that the game is so unenjoyable to play. Most of the time it's incredibly frustrating and even at its best it's just barely fun to play. Sold whatever players weren't untradeable, bought 4 50k packs and got no one above 82 also :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Gold 3 again :(

Started out badly on Friday, losing more than I won by a few. Won 7 in a row, then back to losing a couple and winning one. Was only 1 away from Gold 2 but disappointing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Came up against 89 Mertens twice...conceded 9 goals to him in total. Definitely going to have to grab one of his IFs to try it out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Came up against 89 Mertens twice...conceded 9 goals to him in total. Definitely going to have to grab one of his IFs to try it out

He's on my list to try again but I find myself very reluctant to try out anyone who is expensive and might get a TotS card now.

Anyone know if the Turkish leagues get one? Tempted to try a few players from that league...

• Advertisement

3 promotions in a row has me back in div.2, incredible game that got me promotion, won 4-3 where my opponent had 3 shots 3 on target and 3 goals, i had 17 shots 11 on target, scored in the last minute through an injured Jamie Vardy

he also had Butland in goal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

he also had Butland in goal
    I dread seeing teams with Butland in goals, as someone said above he must be the greatest goal keeper in Fifa history. Of all the teams I see I have the least goals against him and Cech. Every other keeper is the equivalent of a sieve.

On the plus side tott Tiago is unreal. I sub him on immediately after kick off as a cm in my Lique 1 team and he's ripping defences apart with Ben arfa. Lacazette is banging in the goals as a result of their play and he's something like 9 in 4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

seems to be a bit of a crash going on. checked prices of a few players. aguero has dropped 100k over the weekend, same as pogba hazard otw mane and few others.

i imagine its everybody opening packs trying to get ronaldo.

Blazer wrote: »
    I dread seeing teams with Butland in goals, as someone said above he must be the greatest goal keeper in Fifa history.

That was me, yeah he's unbelievable, its now getting to the stage where i know if he's in goal, i'll need 3 or 4 shots before i score

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He's on my list to try again but I find myself very reluctant to try out anyone who is expensive and might get a TotS card now.

Anyone know if the Turkish leagues get one? Tempted to try a few players from that league...

Yup, that's one of the reasons I won't buy him yet. He'll definitely get a TOTS card..if I can gather enough coins to buy that I'll be happy.

seems to be a bit of a crash going on. checked prices of a few players. aguero has dropped 100k over the weekend, same as pogba hazard otw mane and few others.

i imagine its everybody opening packs trying to get ronaldo.

That and people know tots is coming so are selling up.

I see our favorite striker is no longer injured. I have just bought otw Jesus for when he goes up in price for getting an inform.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I see our favorite striker is no longer injured. I have just bought otw Jesus for when he goes up in price for getting an inform.

Not in squad today

Liamalone wrote: »
    Not in squad today

I know he isn't and wouldn't matter as it's the fa cup. But if does something against utd and the following game. He could pick up an inform

I know he isn't and wouldn't matter as it's the fa cup. But if does something against utd and the following game. He could pick up an inform

I hear ya, he'll only go up if anything I would think.

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    I hear ya, he'll only go up if anything I would think.

That's my thinking he was around 185k last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can I get a couple of opinions on this squad if possible?

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/5960195/

More of a trader than a player but I want to have one decent team to last me until FIFA 18 and I should have just enough coins to put this together, was just mainly looking to build a team around my IF Promes because I love his stats. Any improvements ye'd make?

Martinez at the back is a no-no. No pace and no stamina.

Martinez at the back is a no-no. No pace and no stamina.

Was thinking that myself, can't afford Boateng but if I could it's another green link for Trapp (might get his IF actually). Anyone else there you'd recommend? Is Hummels any better? Actually scratch that, he won't link with Mallo who's the only other player I already own other than Promes.

https://www.futbin.com/17/player/18286/brooks

3k more expensive than Hummels but looks way better. Put a shadow card on him and every defensive stat is 99 with 92 sprint speed.

He looks fantastic alright. Only change I'd have to make to fit him in is sell Mallo and spend a bit extra to get Lahm, but that's probably for the best.

Couldn't find a way to get IF Brooks in, but I've changed it about a little and I'm happy with this now.

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/5960978/

Pique isn't the quickest but I've always found him good in other modes so I'll take the chance on him.

Just completed the Marquee Matchip and got IF Shaqiri, has anybody roadtested him? Any good?

I currently rotate since forever between Deulofeu and Willian, and would be loathe to drop Deulofeu being an Everton fan, but I'm thinking it'll have to be done :(

Memphis/Promes/Robbin is what I plan my next front three to be, so interested to hear how you get on :)

Promoted to Div 2! Letting the losing streak begin! :P

• Advertisement

4 wins, 2 losses in Div 2 so far.

If I keep that form, I'll get 2 wins in my last 4 and get promoted to Div 1 :eek:

Advertisement