Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Friday is always the toughest day of WL, went 2 in 7 yesterday. Gonna try again today, not confident though playing awful in seasons atm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

6 in 25

Many games I am just being utterly outplayed in. Not "FIFA bs" or anything. Just people who know how to exploit every part of the game, good and bad.

Trying to get to 8 so I get Silver 3 for my troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got Gold 1 for monthlies so 5 red cards. Apparently 30% of the gold reward players available this month are walkouts so hoping for something fancy.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got Gold 1 for monthlies so 5 red cards. Apparently 30% of the gold reward players available this month are walkouts so hoping for something fancy.

I've only been playing weekend league these past 2 months, and I missed a week in my first month so only got silver 2, but I come up against guys in div 1 with a 3 or 4 red cards, so I'm guessing the rewards must be pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lukker- wrote: »
    I've only been playing weekend league these past 2 months, and I missed a week in my first month so only got silver 2, but I come up against guys in div 1 with a 3 or 4 red cards, so I'm guessing the rewards must be pretty good.

If you can manage to get a few weekly elite and elite monthly you would be getting close to 20 cards a month you wouod need to be unlucky not to be pulling a few walkouts. I got 94 lewandowski last month with just 5 cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Missed out on elite monthly by 1 win. I'm sick.
    Especially as I chose not to play 3 games at the end of the first week, I'd gotten gold 1 and was happy with that.
    Had made it to 20 wins with 9 games left(needed 24), lost most if them in extra time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I am on 11 wins with like 12 games left. I just cant be arsed.

It got so bad i made a new team after 8 defeats in a row.

I just cannot defend through balls.

Oh well at least im getting 10k and a couple of packs for my troubles.

Has anybody tried the 85 Tolisso. Was thinking of saving up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Managed to get Elite monthly for the first time. Didn't finish all my games during the first weekend so it took me until my penultimate game to do it. Delighted tho.

Retiring from the weekend league, it's just not worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I just scraped gold again. I always fly out of the blocks every weekend secure gold 3 with loads games to play then go and lose most of remaining games.

Put in form Herrera in my team he is a little devil love him and his interceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just watched highlights of stoke and west ham, seems like stoke have managed to get the ultimate team Butland in goal for them, he saved everything, ha

• Advertisement

Gold 1, think I'll keep the 100k packs for TOTS. Don't think this week's TOTW will be very good.

Need one win to get silver 3

I just need to avoid the absurd super teams...

Just can't get one ****ing win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

Is anyone experiencing dc's from the weekend league lately. I was trying to qualify through the dkt on Tuesday night about 11pm and I got 4 dc's in a row before half time. I won the next full match and went to the toilet and left the game in the menus and I came back and I had been kicked again.

So I left it till the next day and I got kicked from the first game but I stayed in the second round and didn't get dc'd again that day. On Friday I got dc'd once from the weekend league proper and dc'd yesterday 4 times. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm with virgin media and before this I'd say I've been disconnected 4 maybe 5 times from weekend league since the start of FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Weekend league is really where the fun of the game goes to die....majority of the players are pathetic

Dozyart wrote: »
    Weekend league is really where the fun of the game goes to die....majority of the players are pathetic

I don't like to sue terms like "don't want to play" cause everyone is free to play their own way.

But I constantly feel as if other people would be happy playing solitaire for all they want to actually play against someone else :/

I enjoy the sweatiness of the WL. Don't really get satisfaction from winning in seasons anymore! :(

This weekend has been less joyful though. LB button has been on the razz for a while, but now it only wants to work 33% of the time. I'd be defending with a midfielder and want to change to the defender closest to the attacker with the ball and nothing happens, they bypass the static defender and score a goal. Has cost me in nearly every single game I've played this weekend. I use the analog to change in some situations but find it too finicky in last man situations as I often change to the wrong defender. Felt like smashing the controller a few times, oh well, it's being shipped to Germany on Monday and hopefully I'll have a replacement soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Picked up De Bruyne & Yaya for just over 100k. They've firmly boosted my team and I've reached Div. 4 which is the furthest I've ever been since I started playing FUT in 2013. Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

At last, reached elite 3 monthly. Lost so many games in a row, I didn't think I could do it. Luck changed a bit and won 4 in a row. 4 spare also. 19 wins, a 50k pack for my troubles. Hoping for a couple BPL red informs when the time comes. Will be nice to have my weekends back from now on.

Such a big difference between 87 and 88 Benteke.

87 had 30 goals in 34 before he went to crap. 88 has 32 in 24 and would've had more if not for a few rage quits by people.

Edit: Make that 37 in 25. He's unstoppable!

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Such a big difference between 87 and 88 Benteke.

87 had 30 goals in 34 before he went to crap. 88 has 32 in 24 and would've had more if not for a few rage quits by people.

Edit: Make that 37 in 25. He's unstoppable!

What do you think feels different about him? I had the 87, and had a decent start but awful baron spell, sold him. I packed the 88 Benteke last night, was just gonna sell, played him in one WL game and he scored a rocket but didn't do much other than that.

What do you think feels different about him? I had the 87, and had a decent start but awful baron spell, sold him. I packed the 88 Benteke last night, was just gonna sell, played him in one WL game and he scored a rocket but didn't do much other than that.

Dribbling. Last one felt cumbersome but this one can weave while at full sprint. Compared the last one and agility got a +2 boost, ball control +3 and dribbling got +2. Don't know if some threshold was passed with them stats but he feels far more responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

This weekend has been less joyful though. LB button has been on the razz for a while, but now it only wants to work 33% of the time. I'd be defending with a midfielder and want to change to the defender closest to the attacker with the ball and nothing happens, they bypass the static defender and score a goal. Has cost me in nearly every single game I've played this weekend. I use the analog to change in some situations but find it too finicky in last man situations as I often change to the wrong defender. Felt like smashing the controller a few times, oh well, it's being shipped to Germany on Monday and hopefully I'll have a replacement soon.

Elite controller by any chance?

I nearly have enough coinage to buy Aguero ? Question is whats he like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Has anybody here used that POTY Kanté, Is he worth the money ?

I have his 85 in-form and he's definitely one of my favourite players to use in ultimate team

I'm a bit put off by the price though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

14murphy wrote:

I packed him and used him a few months ago and he was excellent.

He didn't fit into my team for a while so I wasn't using him for ages, but I've sold up for tots and he's untradeable, so I'm using him again and he's banging them in for me.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I packed him and used him a few months ago and he was excellent.

He didn't fit into my team for a while so I wasn't using him for ages, but I've sold up for tots and he's untradeable, so I'm using him again and he's banging them in for me.

Lovely. I'll see can I snipe him at a decent price tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

14murphy wrote: »

Works well with a physical striker next to him, was a bit hit or miss for me personally the last few weeks so sold him and bought IF Vardy

I was planning on playing him alongside OTW Jesus. Picked him up last night for 166k. I'll give him a whirl and see how he plays !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

14murphy wrote: »
    I was planning on playing him alongside OTW Jesus. Picked him up last night for 166k. I'll give him a whirl and see how he plays !

Yeah, can't see you losing much if you buy him now and sell on Friday or Saturday when the WL is on. Aguero seems to always go up in value then.

Advertisement