Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Lord TSC wrote:
    Giroud is way cheaper than 25k and I found him way better than Slimani. I had the two in a pair, and Giroud was scoring for fun.

Will give it a go picked him up for 6.5k

I was wondering if any of those black cards would be a good investment.

I know Renato Sanches hasn't started off on fire for Bayern but I'd say he could get some in forms during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think I've just forgotten how ro play fifa. Built this team, first game against a 5atb with 60 chemistry, Deeney up front and bronze players at wingback. I get beaten 4-1.

I wouldn't get too hung up on results in this early stage of Fifa, everyone starts off in the lower divisions so you will come up against very good players for a while until people start moving up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just spent the last couple of games doing nothing but holding R1+X / RB+A when not in possession and I've conceded significantly less goals, what a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Should of sold embolo earlier when he was going for big money he has dropped by half now. I'm gonna just hold onto him now and if he gets a few in forms in the year or even next summer if he Is in tots he will be a class card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

What's the story with Ones To Watch? I have Ousmane Dembele and see he has gone up to 15k which is good for a 77 rated player, should I sell now?

mutley18 wrote: »
    What's the story with Ones To Watch? I have Ousmane Dembele and see he has gone up to 15k which is good for a 77 rated player, should I sell now?

I wouldn't. If he gets an in form he will be rated in 81 or 82 and worth alot more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Have to say the squad building challenges seem to be worth it. Finished a couple last night got couthinho Douglas Costa and Kane and few others. And spend absolutely fcek all as I had the players in the club doing the new marquee one only spend 800 coins so far and have 3 done out of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has anyone actually got someone sent off yet? I keep seeing last man/clear goal-scoring fouls that only get a yellow, like this...

How is that not a red?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

J. Marston wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got someone sent off yet? I keep seeing last man/clear goal-scoring fouls that only get a yellow, like this...

How is that not a red?!

The rules have changed to only give a yellow card with a penalty for denying a goal scoring opportunity, but if it takes place outside the box i think it's a red. Maybe fifa has added it?

Was still a filthy challenge.

I've had a good few red cards, but have not been in that situation yet.

• Advertisement

Red cards are definitely toned down from last year I only think I've had 2 in near 100 games and I was picking them up for fun last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Regarding the black cards, is it the case of the ones in your deck rise to what ever level his highest totw card is. If thats the case Higuain will end up the best striker this year

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

looking up squad building challenges but when I look at sugguested teams the prices for players have gone way up, is there any source for teams where the prices wont have been fixed already

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I wish the interface of the ipad app was better (though at least it has squad challanges; the web app doesn't). I was doing the new challanges this monring, and it doesn't have all the details clearly. On the Columbia/Uruguay challange, it wasn't listing Columbia at all :(

When I went to the game itself then, it made everything way easier. Able to do all for of them for zero coins. :D
    seamie78 wrote: »
    looking up squad building challenges but when I look at sugguested teams the prices for players have gone way up, is there any source for teams where the prices wont have been fixed already

The second someone posts a recommended list online, it increases the prices :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Man, I wish the interface of the ipad app was better (though at least it has squad challanges; the web app doesn't). I was doing the new challanges this monring, and it doesn't have all the details clearly. On the Columbia/Uruguay challange, it wasn't listing Columbia at all :(:/

For that one it was a combined number of players. Not 6 each. Same for the aussie/Saudi one. You can use other players to fill the positions.

On the Android app when your the squad builder in the corner where it shows how many of the rules you have right for the challenge you can drag it down to show you the rules. Maybe it's the same on the ipad

Yeah, you can drag down the rules, but it was leaving out bits, like the fact you could do he combined teams.

Working on that Sterling card at the moment. Have an England team rated 80 so need to drag them up one more. Using loan cards to fill out the PL team. The City one is the only one that will probably cost me heavily...

You can use loan cards?

jayo26 wrote: »
    You can use loan cards?

I think so. It's letting me put them into the team so far, though I haven't tried submitting yet. Tell you when I try it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yep you can. Very handy for the ones were you need a certain amount of rares and you have a loan card that doesn't fit in with your team.

Ohh fuk that that's grand I have loads because I get the two loan players every week.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't let me use loan cards when I was having a go last week. They must have changed it so that you can now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I tried loan cards on the first day, it doesn't work. It ticks all the boxes with a loan player but when you go to submit it says you can't use loan players.

Ah well, makes the decision to give up on sterling easier. The cost of the cards to get above the rating requirements are way, way too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Loan cards didn't work for me before either, has it been changed?

Apparently some new squad building challenges were released briefly last night and then taken down because of a mistake. One of them was to make a 6 man team with 3 players form Saudi and 3 from Australia, min rating 60 and chemistry 70.

Don't know if anyone listened to this but Jedinak's price has already gone from discard to 1300 and may continue to rise once the Americans wake up.

Don't know if anyone listened to this but Jedinak's price has already gone from discard to 1300 and may continue to rise once the Americans wake up.

All of the Australian players are going for stupid prices :S

All of the Australian players are going for stupid prices :S

I know it's great :p

Bought around 15 Jedinaks and 15 more Mooy last night and selling them all now. Also bought some Krenshis, a bronze Saudi CM for 150 coins each and sold them all for 1000 each just now.

Ah well, makes the decision to give up on sterling easier. The cost of the cards to get above the rating requirements are way, way too high.

Was going to do it myself till I saw all city players are going absolutely stupid money.
    Ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anyone know if you can buy FIFA points using the companion app? I'm say for a few days and have an urge to open a few packs!

• Advertisement

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy FIFA points using the companion app? I'm say for a few days and have an urge to open a few packs!

If you have the fifa points already on the account yes. Can only buy the points through console. Not sure about pc

Advertisement