Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Really enjoying this now since I sorted my controller issue. Have a decent EPL 83 rated team. Still getting some very frustrating results and am shipping a crazy number of last minute equalisers or winners unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Really enjoying this now since I sorted my controller issue. Have a decent EPL 83 rated team. Still getting some very frustrating results and am shipping a crazy number of last minute equalisers or winners unfortunately.

Can I ask what was the controller issue and how you fixed it. Maybe it will work for me :P

Can I ask what was the controller issue and how you fixed it. Maybe it will work for me

Found that when chasing after a player that my players would randomly stop or move in different direction. Borrowed a friends .controller and it wasn't happening. Bought new controller this evening.

FFS, I had like 6 Aussies and I discarded them last night in the bronze challenge, did the same with all my silvers and gold duds.

These challenges are going to be too expensive to even bother once they're live.

You'd be better off just buying the packs in the case of the new one.
    The Sterling might be half worth it since he has such high pace and is on his proper side.

I might try to do these in the last few hours, anyone who isn't trying to make a small profit at that point is risking getting nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I might try to do these in the last few hours, anyone who isn't trying to make a small profit at that point is risking getting nothing.
    I would not hold out much hope for that. One of the first ones with the Colol Colo players I hoped they would drop but even in the final hour the prices remained insane.

With the live ones you need to get in early I think. Got the Marquee one fully completed last night before bedtime but even the last one the French players were going for too high prices. I was lucky to just have Saudis Aussies French Dutch Spanish in my club already. Just had to buy some Italians in the Spanish league to complete that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Making a 4321 BPL team, I'm not too rich so will be built around either Mahrez at RF or Lukaku ST, who would you recommend?

mutley18 wrote:
    Making a 4321 BPL team, I'm not too rich so will be built around either Mahrez at RF or Lukaku ST, who would you recommend?

I'd go Mahrez and pick up Giroud as a cheaper option striker. He's a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I'd go Mahrez and pick up Giroud as a cheaper option striker. He's a beast

Cheers, I do like cutting in and finessing into the top corner with a lefty out on the right!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got someone sent off yet? I keep seeing last man/clear goal-scoring fouls that only get a yellow, like this...

How is that not a red?!

I get where you're coming from alright but I'm not 100% on that one as the man isn't behind the play.

I know at one point that wasn't a red but haven't came across it in real life in a while.
    The man is between the goal and ball so it does change things a touch.

I did however have a lad who passed it to his CB, I nipped in front and stole it, he hacked me from behind on the edge of the box and got a yellow.
    Theoretically he wasn't the last man as he had a CB the other side of the box in line but in effect it stopped me getting a 1v1 and in previous FIFAs it was a red since he just slid from behind.

But there are definitely less cards... with the bump ones its welcome but there are issues with clear fouls alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Have to say, took me a while but I'm really enjoying it again, that feeling when you bid on a player and then finally get him... :)

edit: as for the last man. It really seems like the AI takes into effect whether a player is behind you or not. If he's between you and the keeper (even if there is absolutely no way he will reach you in time) it seems the computer thinks it's just a yellow.

I've had reds though for hacking someone down in the middle of the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blew a load of coins on the sbcs and got absolutely no one in the packs, got them all done bar the ones for player cards now. Lukaku still the best player I've packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who needs pace? 38 pace Totti beating 78 pace Trippier in a 40 yard race to score...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

That weekend league is wrecking my head. I've played 15 games since last night and only won 5 so far. The amount of corners I concede and bloody injuries is ridiculous. I've lost 5 penalty shoot-outs without winning any.

That's the most amount of games I've played since I got it and I'm nearly sick of the game already.

The prizes looked good, but you could play a couple of games of draft and nearly get the same rewards.

I had high hopes for the weekend league but 2 wins from 6 games is a shít start.

However, my two wins did come back to back after I sold Kane and got Lukaku so it might get a bit better.

Some advice, don't buy Harry Kane. He's scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I've five wins from seven, but it's a real grind.

One of the losses was in penalties, which I lost 1-0, couldn't score one!

The other I was well beat.

Enjoying it but don't think I could play forty games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Does anyone feel bad when people drastically over pay for cards you sell. Like I dont but I do wonder how people dont notice that you sell stuff 700 higher than other people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Kal El wrote: »
    Does anyone feel bad when people drastically over pay for cards you sell. Like I dont but I do wonder how people dont notice that you sell stuff 700 higher than other people

Nope I love it ha I have been on receiving end myself loads of times. Last year I went searching for third in form benzema i think it was and in my delight at finding one at a great price I pulled trigger straight away only to realize I bought his first inform.

The dab is the new shh.

The go-to celebration of gimps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    The dab is the new shh.

The go-to celebration of gimps.

That other one used to bug me more the one where a bunch of them bend over and start doing stupid dance this game with there hands. Wind me up no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The thing about FUT champions is that the players playing are going to be of a high standard

Not everybody can win one of the daily cups to qualify, you probably won't have the same win rate you'd have in seasons

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, the weekend leagues. So that's why I am on a run of five wins in the normal seasons :P
    Kal El wrote: »

Lol, nope. I'm selling some informs I got for 11k for 18k. Of people are too lazy to do their research, that's not my fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

After finishing the hybrid leagues and hybrid nations sbc..made serious profit off of those packs. Pulled the likes of Oblak, Fernandinho, Navas, Terry, Sakho, Wilson and a couple of Serie A players for my squad. Definitely doubled my coins from it.

40 games is overkill in a few days for 99% of us.

But I just noticed you can see the rewards levels and I think Gold 1 could be doable and Gold 3 starts at 30k with 3 packs.

Id be happy getting to that level. Will probably take 15 wins though.

Probably need to win all 40 for the top level though if you did that you're nearly set up for the year.

After finishing the hybrid leagues and hybrid nations sbc..made serious profit off of those packs. Pulled the likes of Oblak, Fernandinho, Navas, Terry, Sakho, Wilson and a couple of Serie A players for my squad. Definitely doubled my coins from it.

Knocked a few off this afternoon with minimal investments. They are addictive though. I suddenly am refusing to quick sell even the worst cards :P

40 games is overkill in a few days for 99% of us.

But I just noticed you can see the rewards levels and I think Gold 1 could be doable and Gold 3 starts at 30k with 3 packs.

Id be happy getting to that level. Will probably take 15 wins though.

Probably need to win all 40 for the top level though if you did that you're nearly set up for the year.

You can see how many wins you need for each level in leaderboards. Gold 1 is 26 wins. You need 37 wins for the top rank. They also give you a rank prediction based on your form.

Just reached Silver 3 with 8 wins in 13 games. My target is Silver 1 which is 14 wins. My prediction is Gold 2 but I'm not going to play enough games to get near that.

Anyone wanna ELI5 me the weekend league rewards or stuff? I've really not looked into it at all, but saw people talking about guaranteed IFs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Knocked a few off this afternoon with minimal investments. They are addictive though. I suddenly am refusing to quick sell even the worst cards :P

Me too! I've noticed with those sbc, the low rated cards fetch a fair bit. Most of mine were instantly bought at 500-750 coins which is crazy. For one of the challenges I ended up paying 1.8k for one or two non rare golds as well..and they weren't being price fixed.

The amount of people with stacked teams already is ridiculous... EA must leave seeing these lads coming, probably spending more on packs in a week than the game cost.

A word of advice for anyone, especially on Xbox.

Custom Tactics are bugged.
    I kept noticing my players staying back when I'd run down the wing and shooting and crossing was flipping.
    So if pre game you put shooting to 40 and crossing to 60 in game they reverse.
    I've had to just leave both on 60.
    Anyone wanna ELI5 me the weekend league rewards or stuff? I've really not looked into it at all, but saw people talking about guaranteed IFs?

Minimum of 1,000 coins and 2 gold packs... I think you need to play a min of 5 games so theoretically you could get to Bronze 2 which is 3,000 and two Premium packs.

Highest is 250,000, 1 "ultimate TOTW pack" and 4 "jumbo rare player packs".

You go up a rank every 3 wins.

So winning 18 games gets you to Gold 3 which is 30,000... "2 mega packs" and 1 "rare players pack".

Most people will be looking at the middle tier due to time constraints unless you play 13 games each day of the weekend.

Winning 20ish games is do-able though.

Thanks, must give it a whirl. :)

Hope no one has the OTW Milik. He just got ruled out for the season with a torn ACL so the card's worth has halved. Was 85k last night, can be got for 35k now....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

I only play PS4 on weekends as no time during week, but I take a hour and half trip to Uni so spend the time trading then I started doing the squad builders and its class, really nice addition

Advertisement