Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Didn't have time to do weekend league and I'm away for next 3 weekends so I'm going to sell up my team and blow it all on la Liga upgrade sbc and see what I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Anyone tried Costas TOTS card? Or even an IF?

Thinking of having this:

NTWyeVl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I came up against a team with tots costa and he ripped me apart. Between strength and shooting I couldn't defend against him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, **** that. Gonna build around his last IF then :D roaming around 480k-ish. Reckon it won't drop much further.

If anything, it might increase; there's been a good few cards where, when people realised the TOTS was out of their price range, their IFs shot up a bit.
    Cjs21 wrote: »
    Anyone tried Costas TOTS card? Or even an IF?

Loved Costa's TOTS; strong, fast, lethal from anywhere on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If anything, it might increase; there's been a good few cards where, when people realised the TOTS was out of their price range, their IFs shot up a bit.

Yup, I'm going to start buying up now. Have a decent looking Belgian squad with a Serie A defence. Mertens latest IF, Hazard, TOTS Vossen, TOTS Dendoncker and TOTS Tielemens all in the line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Changed it up again. CB's were just too slow with Bundesliga...

DCJMxTWW0AEMtGH.jpg

Not an issue with this team. Marquinhos is like Smalling on speed. The Lacazette SBC was tedious. Any of those ones where you must do the entire league is a pain in the ass.

Loved Costa's TOTS; strong, fast, lethal from anywhere on the pitch.

Must be an acquired taste, played 5 games and he missed countless chances. Scored 1 that wasn't a penalty, found him half the card as IF Vardy!

Think IF Sanchez is my next hope

Must be an acquired taste, played 5 games and he missed countless chances. Scored 1 that wasn't a penalty, found him half the card as IF Vardy!

Think IF Sanchez is my next hope

Ha, I hate Vardy so it's probably a play style thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Losing a game 4 nil he scores a tap in of a fifth and watches his fifth replay, I believe I was justified pausing three times in added time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

mbappe tots is your go to man, he's a beast, i have the young player of the year one from sbc and he just scores for fun.

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/4548050

using this atm only a few games in but its pretty decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

I honestly can't get over how good otw jesus is.

150 games and a heavily positive record. Son jesus and off Chem martial are ridiculous together.

Any suggestions for a replacement for IF Winston Reid? He gets caught out far too often for my liking

Toobz wrote: »

150 games and a heavily positive record. Son jesus and off Chem martial are ridiculous together.

Any suggestions for a replacement for IF Winston Reid? He gets caught out far too often for my liking

Birthday ogbonna card is excellent pal and yeh Jesus is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Toobz wrote:

The card must be Op, as looking at his stats he's underwhelming.

I think I've come to the end of the road for Fifa 17. With the inclusion of the weekend league I've overplayed the game and I'm now burnt out with it.

I'm going to spend the majority of Fifa 18 trading, with the aim of getting to 10m coins by tots. Hopefully it keeps the game interesting for longer next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I have a theory that for every week you don't play, your ELO drops a savage amount. Just won that TOTS Nacho card first time, 2-0 (the guy quit after 10 mins), 7-0, 5-1, 2-1 (missed a heap of chances). There is no way that everyone in this DKT is that bad and I've not suddenly become amazing by not playing much. It was the same story last week with the DKT for Marquinhos. I feel like I'm winning games just because 4-2-3-1 is so good defensively, even with a midfield two of Rooney and Kovacic that have ~50 defending each.

Now trying build a team just for fun with special cards I have no use for and my favourite players. I'm trying to squeeze TOTS Nacho, TOTS Marquinhos into the same team with 4 of my favourite 5 star skillers - Ben Arfa, Di Maria, Ousmane Dembele and FUT birthday Nani and Lacazette.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I think I've come to the end of the road for Fifa 17. With the inclusion of the weekend league I've overplayed the game and I'm now burnt out with it.

I'm going to spend the majority of Fifa 18 trading, with the aim of getting to 10m coins by tots. Hopefully it keeps the game interesting for longer next year.

I'm honestly feeling the exact opposite; I'm having the same luck in matches with TOTS cards as when I just run my untradeables. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother trading **** all next year. Maybe just enough to do SBCs and such, but after that, I think I'm just going to be BPMing my way through 18. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

v3ttel wrote: »
    I have a theory that for every week you don't play, your ELO drops a savage amount. Just won that TOTS Nacho card first time, 2-0 (the guy quit after 10 mins), 7-0, 5-1, 2-1 (missed a heap of chances). There is no way that everyone in this DKT is that bad and I've not suddenly become amazing by not playing much. It was the same story last week with the DKT for Marquinhos. I feel like I'm winning games just because 4-2-3-1 is so good defensively, even with a midfield two of Rooney and Kovacic that have ~50 defending each.

Now trying build a team just for fun with special cards I have no use for and my favourite players. I'm trying to squeeze TOTS Nacho, TOTS Marquinhos into the same team with 4 of my favourite 5 star skillers - Ben Arfa, Di Maria, Ousmane Dembele and FUT birthday Nani and Lacazette.

Interesting idea, I've not been online for almost 3 weeks so will see how it goes for me.
    It does seem to be the more you play the harder it gets, or is it that I lose concentration after a while?

I have been doing the bpm now for a few weeks and it seems to be a nice little earner today however the app keeps logging me off and asking for verification as unusual activity has been flagged anyone else have this problem before

Ha, I hate Vardy so it's probably a play style thing :P

Must be :P

I went with the 90 Sanchez for now. Can't rate Alex Sandro high enough, only have his normal card and it's unbelievable!

If Sanchez doesn't work out then I'll be selling him and upgrading Sandro

Bought 90 Mertens (475k) TOTS Dendoncker (48k) and TOTS Tielemans (23k) all this morning. Have 130k left to finish the squad...thinking of TOTS Vossen CAM and 87 Benteke up top

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

seamie78 wrote: »
    I have been doing the bpm now for a few weeks and it seems to be a nice little earner today however the app keeps logging me off and asking for verification as unusual activity has been flagged anyone else have this problem before

Im getting the same problem. I bought a lot of consumables and when I list more that 5 I get logged out with the same message.

• Advertisement

Bought 90 Mertens (475k) TOTS Dendoncker (48k) and TOTS Tielemans (23k) all this morning. Have 130k left to finish the squad...thinking of TOTS Vossen CAM and 87 Benteke up top

I found 88 Benteke to be a big upgrade on the 87 one so if you can find an extra 50k then try him out!

I found 88 Benteke to be a big upgrade on the 87 one so if you can find an extra 50k then try him out!

Might do actually... How did you find the 87?

Is that the webapp or the Android app? I hope it's not the webapp. That would total screw up my trading methods for FIFA 18 if I couldn't list more than 5 cards at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I bought him and hated him..used to end up roaring at the tv "run you f?cking prick..run" , "how the f?ck did you miss that" and then having the missus coming into me and telling me to stfu as the kids were in bed and she was trying to watch tv. I sold him in the end for my sanity

One other thing I've noticed is that whenever I create squad and buy all the players on the webapp, when I turn on the console and use them, the team plays horribly like they have zero chemistry.

Again, like the ELO thing, it might just be pure co-incidence but it has happened a few times now. Definitely possibly there is some weird bug there.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

v3ttel wrote: »

Is that the webapp or the Android app? I hope it's not the webapp. That would total screw up my trading methods for FIFA 18 if I couldn't list more than 5 cards at a time.

It's the phone app for me. I've been trading since the game came out and it's only starting now which is strange.

Donno why I've done it to myself but started off a new account on xbox last Thursday and can't stop trading consumables again I bought my one to watch Jesus straight away and he is just as lethal haha.

If I could save up for one or two legends just to say I've used them id be delighted Keane and gigs would be awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I eventually got to Division 1 and qualified for the Weekend League, got my team of Legends, I suppose achieve as much as I was going to this UT. I spent a lot of time trading really to get the great teams but playing games was wrecking my head at times, this game can give you such a level of frustration, having 20 shots to 1 and losing to that 1, I often felt like throwing my controller, and I'm really a very calm person !!

So now I play on this site. I used to play online Madden with another site on which a lot of the guys were also on.

http://fifaleaguemanager.com/

So basically it works that you get a team and go into a division at whatever your level is assessed at and you can transfer in and out players to build your team. I'm in the XBox and there is PS as well but you can do transfer deals across platforms which is pretty cool. I spend most nights now in a party playing friendlies against the other guys from the league. When you are chatting to someone its nowhere near as frustrating when you lose a game.

I'm not promoting the site or anything like that ( its free anyway ), if anyone wants to check it out I have found it to be a very enjoyable way to play FIFA. So much so I think my UT days are at an end !

Phone app for me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Wasted all 10 attempts at the dkt losing the final 6 times.

Didn't play WL this weekend so grinded division 1 to get the access beating a lot of tots nachos along the way. I'm such a bottler.

Just picked up 86 Mertens on bid for 105,000! played a friendly against a God team, subbed in Mertens on tip and put jesus on rf. Jesus hat trick later I get a rage quit. Mertens done nothing but im afraid to change this now :D

Advertisement