Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yup, yesterday I started out with 115k. Spent a bit on 2 of the hybrid sbc and now I'm sitting on 165k with a small few cards left to sell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Thanks, must give it a whirl. :)

Hope no one has the OTW Milik. He just got ruled out for the season with a torn ACL so the card's worth has halved. Was 85k last night, can be got for 35k now....

A pity was looking very good

Do we get our free draft token today or tomorrow? Can't remember what day it was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

EA need to address the injury situation. It's fúcking ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Went into FUT champions with a fairly strong record this year. Something like 55 wins and 19 losses and a good few of those were disconnects from my dodgy internet.

Played 18 games of FUT champions and ive 8 wins and 9 losses. All games have followed the same pattern. Dominating possession up against ultra defensive counter attack and I concede to a back post corner or its 50/50 possession and concede to a back post corner.

Most games end 1-0 one way or the other.

One guy scored in the 12th minute and proceeded to pass around the back four for the rest of the game.

Custom tactics and crossing/corners being over powered are hurting what's one of the best FIFAs in years in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yup, yesterday I started out with 115k. Spent a bit on 2 of the hybrid sbc and now I'm sitting on 165k with a small few cards left to sell.

Only issue is I am not selling off any of the good cards I am getting :P so not getting that bump. Will probably start though cause you don't need that many of the top level rare cards for the challenges.

Working on the League and Nation hard and ultimate challenges now...
    Do we get our free draft token today or tomorrow? Can't remember what day it was last week.

Monday morning.

Ye must have all just got lucky with the packs from the squad building challenges as I've definitely lost money on them.

The pack with 12 rare players didn't even have anyone worth more than 1-2k.

I don't even want to think about how much I wasted doing them(have finished two of the hybrid ones) so probably upwards of 80k and sold about 8ks worth, while holding the junk for future challenges.

My two squads aren't exactly great either, should have added quality for the weekend league and done them Monday.

I think my early pack buying spree helped me do most of them without spending too much. On the League and Nation hybrid, I have my hard challenge filled out and only had to buy 3 players for an outlay of about 7000 coins, and you get 4000 for finishing it. I've moved away from guides cause they ended up being very expensive, but Futhead's squad challenge section is great for figuring out the "tricks" to the challenges.

Now to build up the Hard team's loyalty quickly, and then on to the Ultimate one :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Stopped after 18 wins and reaching gold in fut champions. Played way too much yesterday but went on a 10 match winning streak and didn't want to stop. Can't see myself putting that much time into fifa again, would be better if it was 10 games.

Do we get the rewards tonight?

blaa85 wrote: »
    Stopped after 18 wins and reaching gold in fut champions. Played way too much yesterday but went on a 10 match winning streak and didn't want to stop. Can't see myself putting that much time into fifa again, would be better if it was 10 games.

Do we get the rewards tonight?

I think I read rewards would be given out midweek, probably Wednesday morning.

• Advertisement

Ye must have all just got lucky with the packs from the squad building challenges as I've definitely lost money on them.

The pack with 12 rare players didn't even have anyone worth more than 1-2k.

I don't even want to think about how much I wasted doing them(have finished two of the hybrid ones) so probably upwards of 80k and sold about 8ks worth, while holding the junk for future challenges.

My two squads aren't exactly great either, should have added quality for the weekend league and done them Monday.

you spent 80k on the hybrid challenges?? There's a feature on futhead where they have the sbc and people put up cheap ways to do them..just scan through the players on the market before dedicating to them though, as some people have price fixed some of the players.

This game is seriously annoying me now.

It's not playing anywhere near the way it did on launch, I was stroking it around like Barcelona with stock teams and now everything I try to do feels slow and delayed.

There's supposed to be problems with Virgin in Galway and I'm hoping it's that.

This craic with the headers is pissing me off more than anything, I nearly have to rapidly tap the buttons or they chest it down.
    I don't see it happening to anyone else, it even cost me a game where my CB wouldn't long header the ball, took it down and he took it off him.

Is anyone else finding their button presses not registering in regards to headers?

I went from 12-3 in the FUT weekend to 12-9, I don't think I ever lost 6 games in a row and it's just an extremely frustrating repetition in the games.

Granted 99% online have stacked teams but my players just play like I'm a 1/4 of a second behind.
    you spent 80k on the hybrid challenges?? There's a feature on futhead where they have the sbc and people put up cheap ways to do them..just scan through the players on the market before dedicating to them though, as some people have price fixed some of the players.

I spent about 80k on 8 squads.

Most players are going to cost you 1000k, some more, some less.

On Xbox a lot of silver and bronze are either unavailable or too few in supply so you have no choice but to use gold players.

I did exactly what you said but that's how much some of them cost to do.
    Especially the ones that had very few avenues to completion. One set was easy enough just using Brazil players for two of them.

Argh! I thought I had the Hard League and Nation challange, but nope. Got everyone's loyalty bonus, and still came up short >_<

Don't suppose anyone can spot an obvious solution? Chem totals at 86, all other conditions met. Ruiz at 4 chem seems the problem, but no clue who to replace him with :(

Q9E0hpK.png

j0VIZGp.png

Players from different Leagues: Exactly 6
    Max 2 Players from the same League
    Players from different Nations: Exactly 6
    Max 2 Players from the same Nation
    Min. Team Rating: 80
    Min. Team Chemistry: 89
    Number of Players in the Squad: 11

Argh! I thought I had the Hard League and Nation challange, but nope. Got everyone's loyalty bonus, and still came up short >_<

Don't suppose anyone can spot an obvious solution? Chem totals at 86, all other conditions met. Ruiz at 4 chem seems the problem, but no clue who to replace him with :(

Q9E0hpK.png

j0VIZGp.png

The problem is at CB anyway.

I followed the guides for that which had a Russian League CB, Mauricio and some German and I think the goalie was Brazilian.
    Your CBs being non league might be the prob.

I had a prob with that when I didn't get the two strikers, I had two Argies from that league, green line but they don't get the same bump as team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

This game is seriously annoying me now.

It's not playing anywhere near the way it did on launch, I was stroking it around like Barcelona with stock teams and now everything I try to do feels slow and delayed.

There's supposed to be problems with Virgin in Galway and I'm hoping it's that.

This craic with the headers is pissing me off more than anything, I nearly have to rapidly tap the buttons or they chest it down.
    I don't see it happening to anyone else, it even cost me a game where my CB wouldn't long header the ball, took it down and he took it off him.

Is anyone else finding their button presses not registering in regards to headers?

I went from 12-3 in the FUT weekend to 12-9, I don't think I ever lost 6 games in a row and it's just an extremely frustrating repetition in the games.

Granted 99% online have stacked teams but my players just play like I'm a 1/4 of a second behind.

I spent about 80k on 8 squads.

Most players are going to cost you 1000k, some more, some less.

On Xbox a lot of silver and bronze are either unavailable or too few in supply so you have no choice but to use gold players.

I did exactly what you said but that's how much some of them cost to do.
    Especially the ones that had very few avenues to completion. One set was easy enough just using Brazil players for two of them.

Yea the gameplay is awful for me too. Cant string two passes together and my players turn like buses.

Managed to get into the Gold 3 tier in the FUT Champ tournie, which gives me hope of doing well once I get a decent team and the gameplay issues are addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Q9E0hpK.png

j0VIZGp.png

What you need is two CBs from the same club with different nationalities (Welsh and Belgian for example), and a goalkeeper from a different league that matches one of those nationalities. It's the only way to get it done. I don't recall what I used to complete it myself but do what gilberto did and buy Mauricio, Tasci and Allisson and get loyalty on them. You'll have to find a different RB and RM pairing because of Tasci being German but that's a lot easier than finding the right combination for the other three.

So try those three for the back three and I'd recommend Tete and El Ghazi from Ajax for a cheap option on the right. You'll have to get loyalty on all those unfortuanlty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Squad Builder challenges are abit of a joke.

Slowly making my way though the Portugese league and all the smaller teams are near 5k per player.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Squad Builder challenges are abit of a joke.

Slowly making my way though the Portugese league and all the smaller teams are near 5k per player.

Best to leave that one tbh. Most of those players will be price fixed at the start because of the reward it gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Best to leave that one tbh. Most of those players will be price fixed at the start because of the reward it gives.

Kinda just tipping away at it.

Probably will leave it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

A word of advice for anyone, especially on Xbox.

Custom Tactics are bugged.
    I kept noticing my players staying back when I'd run down the wing and shooting and crossing was flipping.
    So if pre game you put shooting to 40 and crossing to 60 in game they reverse.
    I've had to just leave both on 60
    Where are you setting custom tactics. Reason I ask is that you can set them in the actual squad or you can set them going into a game. However if you look at shooting / crossing their places are REVERSED depending on where you set them. So one of them is obviously correct, so where are you setting them ???

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help guys. Will grab the cards in the morning :)

Loyalty ain't too big a deal. Saw a trick online that if you start a game in single player fut (on Xbox) and then crash the game (by starting up another game altogether), your players register a game played and lose a contract, but it doesn't count as a loss. Managed to get a team from 0 to 10 games played in about 15 minutes earlier that way, so will do it again tomorrow with the new players.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Kinda just tipping away at it.

Probably will leave it though

Yeah, reckon that's the same route I'm going to take. Just keeping all Liga NOS and MLS players I get from packs and what not.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Yea the gameplay is awful for me too. Cant string two passes together and my players turn like buses.

Managed to get into the Gold 3 tier in the FUT Champ tournie, which gives me hope of doing well once I get a decent team and the gameplay issues are addressed.

It was great the first 10-15 games.

I was tearing people to shreds with the ball.

Now I'm having to move it asap, there's elements that can't be connection related(Nevas and co being slow) but the stuff like the headers not registering and players taking the ball down is completely doing my head in.
    I don't see it happening to anyone else.

I even noticed earlier some lad messaged me about my connection.

In previous years a bad connection would slow and pause, I haven't had any games like that so if he had problems it was in real time so maybe it is the Virgin... there's a thread in Galway here that the connection is woeful lately.
    Berty44 wrote: »
    Where are you setting custom tactics. Reason I ask is that you can set them in the actual squad or you can set them going into a game. However if you look at shooting / crossing their places are REVERSED depending on where you set them. So one of them is obviously correct, so where are you setting them ???

It doesn't matter where they're set.

Maybe it's just an XB1 issue, but they reverse in game. I've had to just set them in reverse pre game.
    Same with the player instructions, when you check in game they're default... not that they even work when set in game(wing backs still bomb forward)

It's just a bug tbh.
    Thanks for the help guys. Will grab the cards in the morning :)

Loyalty ain't too big a deal. Saw a trick online that if you start a game in single player fut (on Xbox) and then crash the game (by starting up another game altogether), your players register a game played and lose a contract, but it doesn't count as a loss. Managed to get a team from 0 to 10 games played in about 15 minutes earlier that way, so will do it again tomorrow with the new players.

Not sure what it's like on PS, but on XB1 you can just go to home, sign out, and sign in so you don't have to keep loading up the game.

It's still a slog though.

I've logged in an out some amount lately between those challenges and skipping 4-5 game injuries(I've two squads so can't afford to wait more than two games).

Oh what a game.

I go from 12-3 to 12-10, then I get to 17-10 and just one win short of the Gold 3 and I get three stupid games again including going from 2-0 up in the 80th min to 2-2 in the 90th and 2-3 in the 120th followed by two more comical games to come one game shy of that level.

I'm actually starting to wonder if scripting this year is related to people buying packs/points because everytime I play someone who's put money into the game(9 games out of 10) they seem to get all the cheesy luck whereas in previous FIFAs you'd just find those games would happen randomly regardless of opposition.

The game feels way different this year in terms of that... I could always compete with any old crap players before and the win ratio never really increased with better players but this year if someone pops up with a stacked team I'm nearly certain to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh what a game.

I go from 12-3 to 12-10, then I get to 17-10 and just one win short of the Gold 3 and I get three stupid games again including going from 2-0 up in the 80th min to 2-2 in the 90th and 2-3 in the 120th followed by two more comical games to come one game shy of that level.

I'm actually starting to wonder if scripting this year is related to people buying packs/points because everytime I play someone who's put money into the game(9 games out of 10) they seem to get all the cheesy luck whereas in previous FIFAs you'd just find those games would happen randomly regardless of opposition.

The game feels way different this year in terms of that... I could always compete with any old crap players before and the win ratio never really increased with better players but this year if someone pops up with a stacked team I'm nearly certain to lose.

That's just paranoia. I know because I'm guilty of it too on occasion. Looking for any reason to pin a loss on EA/bullshít/the Illuminati.

There is nonsense in the game but I don't think there is hidden algorithms that reward Fifa point buyers.

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's just paranoia. I know because I'm guilty of it too on occasion. Looking for any reason to pin a loss on EA/bullshít/the Illuminati.

There is nonsense in the game but I don't think there is hidden algorithms that reward Fifa point buyers.

Tbh it feels different this year... I've always believed in scripting since FIFA 09 but I never felt before it was linked to anything.

I'm just playing the same game against all these pack buyers, regardless of how their improved players should play my players just feel worse all around.

I dont see why its implausible, not to reward buyers but to make you feel like you need to spend.

Anyway I'm done with UT until I upgrade significantly.
    I'll tip away trading for a while until my team is equal.
    I just needed to keep going today with that league but it just wrecked my head when 90% of players had stacked squads in one weeks play.

I never saw the likes in all the years of UT when basically every player had Sturridge, Rooney, Hazard, Kante, Vardy etc...

It's gone like NBA 2k where those of us who dont spend money are in the minority, in 2k if you go to the Park on launch most people there are 90 rated players.
    Neither will get an extra cent out of me :D

As someone who paid real money for packs, I can ensure you that luck does not always go our way :(

My record is nearly 50/50 exactly at the moment. 37-7-38.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Has anyone had the opinion that you pull better players from the packs you don't pay for? I got handanovic and yaya in my weekly jumbo packs and last week I did well also.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Has anyone had the opinion that you pull better players from the packs you don't pay for? I got handanovic and yaya in my weekly jumbo packs and last week I did well also.

Yes! The packs I get from doing the challenges have been way, way better than ones paid for. it's one of the main reason I am sinking time into them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yes! The packs I get from doing the challenges have been way, way better than ones paid for. it's one of the main reason I am sinking time into them tbh.

Mad because it used to feel the other way around ha.

Advertisement