Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone have Mahrez? Is he worth the circa 55k? Planning on changing from diamond to 433 so need two decent Wingers. Packed Walcott a while back but looking at maybe Martial and Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Are there websites like Futhead or Futbin that also have the prices for PC ?
    Futhead supposedly has them, but it hasn't worked for me in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anyone have Mahrez? Is he worth the circa 55k? Planning on changing from diamond to 433 so need two decent Wingers. Packed Walcott a while back but looking at maybe Martial and Mahrez.

I had the loan version and stuck him as striker. He was a tank for me in the games he played. If his real card played as good I say he would be worth the coins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Scripting in FIFA is a load of nonsense. More so its a combination of bad luck, the player getting angry/impatient which results in rushing play etc.

This year the better players do feel like elite players though. Went playing FUT champions again yesterday after my horrible start on Saturday and instead of using Gradel as my left wing, I used my loan Hazard. What a difference is all I can say. Purchased Eriksen too and scored vital goals from outside the box against ultra defensive players.

Ended up with 19 wins and 11 losses. Considering 9 of those losses came from Saturday I was pretty pleased with my turn in form. Was fairly confident I could when my remaining games or at least 90% of them but just didn't have the time to play another 10 games. Ended up in one of the gold tiers.

Im hoping I will have a much stronger team next time around. Coming up against Legend stacked teams when Im still using Origi and the likes of Gradel is very tough. Nice feeling when you beat them though.

They really need to fix heading and back post corners though. Such a cheap way of scoring for those Ultra defensive/counter attack teams.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As someone who paid real money for packs, I can ensure you that luck does not always go our way :(

My record is nearly 50/50 exactly at the moment. 37-7-38.

Tbh I didn't really mean scripting in the traditional sense.
    Where the ball is impossible to get away from your half etc... Just that having better players equals better luck etc.

Now the weekend league is over I can start over, I've cleared my La Liga side as getting a decent striker is too hard and theres a few positions upgrading costs far too much for.
    Cleared most of my premier league team out too.

I'll hit Seasons for a few days and build my coins up as I havent played a single game there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Having to wait until sometime during the week for the champions rewards is a balls.

Don't think I'll be playing that mode again. The games are ultra-competitive, it's a marathon if you want a decent prize and you don't even get the instant gratification of said prize when it's all over.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Has anyone had the opinion that you pull better players from the packs you don't pay for? I got handanovic and yaya in my weekly jumbo packs and last week I did well also.

No, but I've read that being the trend here.

I pulled utter garbage from two of the three.h
    Tbh I didn't really mean scripting in the traditional sense.
    Where the ball is impossible to get away from your half etc... Just that having better players equals better luck etc.

Now the weekend league is over I can start over, I've cleared my La Liga side as getting a decent striker is too hard and theres a few positions upgrading costs far too much for.
    Cleared most of my premier league team out too.

I'll hit Seasons for a few days and build my coins up as I havent played a single game there yet hybrid leagues.
    I even got some 82 goalie Seria A twice now.

Didnt get anyone worth more than 2k so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Here to help out our ittle FUT community. :)

Just did the new challenge CHEMISTRY IS KEY pretty quickly with FC Basel I dreamt up myself pretty cheaply. Here is team, correct positions unless otherwise stated.

GK Put LM Bjarnasason in here 400
    CB Balanta 800
    CB Suchy 800
    CDM Put CM Zuffi in here 500
    CAM Dellgado ( in club )
    ST Doumbia 700
    ST Janko 650

Chemistry is 61

Cost 3,850. Got nobody of any note :(

Edit: Originally started off trying to do Ruben Kazan before ditching that made 2k from the two playersIbhad bought. Boy I love trading !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got Douglas Costa in my pack for finishing the ultimate league and nation hybrid challenge. So that and the 10k coins puts me up about 20k overall from doing it this morning :D

Also a load of other less good rares who are being kept for future challenges. Hope they actually do up some harder ones. The two newer ones were incredibly easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Berty44 wrote: »
    Here to help out our ittle FUT community. :)

Just did the new challenge CHEMISTRY IS KEY pretty quickly with FC Basel I dreamt up myself pretty cheaply. Here is team, correct positions unless otherwise stated.

GK Put LM Bjarnasason in here 400
    CB Balanta 800
    CB Suchy 800
    CDM Put CM Zuffi in here 500
    CAM Dellgado ( in club )
    ST Doumbia 700
    ST Janko 650

Chemistry is 61

Cost 3,850. Got nobody of any note :(

Edit: Originally started off trying to do Ruben Kazan before ditching that made 2k from the two playersIbhad bought. Boy I love trading !

Delgado seems to be price fixed so you'll be lucky to get him under 3k.

bjarnasen is gonna set you back well over 400 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Pretty good day so far.

Hamsik, IF Podolski, Reina, Depay, Abate.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I am getting absolutely zero luck in all these pack openings. I think the best player I've packed has been Oscar...... :(

wong wrote: »
    I am getting absolutely zero luck in all these pack openings. I think the best player I've packed has been Oscar...... :(

No joke, I've packed Oscar four times in the last two weeks. His weight seems to be well higher than other cards his rating...

Can't remember Messi being under the million mark let alone the 900k mark only a few weeks after the game is released in the last couple of years. Might be able to get him at some point in fifa 17 at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

wong wrote: »
    Delgado seems to be price fixed so you'll be lucky to get him under 3k.

bjarnasen is gonna set you back well over 400 as well
    I was lucky with Delgado in that I had him in the club. Definitely price fixed all right :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

J. Marston wrote: »
    Having to wait until sometime during the week for the champions rewards is a balls.

Don't think I'll be playing that mode again. The games are ultra-competitive, it's a marathon if you want a decent prize and you don't even get the instant gratification of said prize when it's all over.

Yeah I qualified for it but only managed to fit 10 games in this weekend because I was working, I didn't realise we only had 2 days to play the 40 games ha, won 5 , lost 5 and found all the games really tough, some people had ridiculous teams. My team is just cheaply put together so I'll wait until I have a stronger team to play that mode again ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ive been playing UT now on and off the last couple years, never got much of a team built up except for late last year when i bought some packs and got IF Ozil. What is the best way to build up a good team? How in gods name is it possible to save up enough cash to buy the likes of Messi or Ronaldo? Am i missing something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Stab*City wrote: »
    Ive been playing UT now on and off the last couple years, never got much of a team built up except for late last year when i bought some packs and got IF Ozil. What is the best way to build up a good team? How in gods name is it possible to save up enough cash to buy the likes of Messi or Ronaldo? Am i missing something here?

Trading and trading and trading is the key. I had Ronaldo last year before December I think. I was trading consumables non stop earning 100k a day so you can see its easy to save up. I was earning about 250 coins on each card so about 400 cards a day on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

jayo26 wrote: »
    Trading and trading and trading is the key. I had Ronaldo last year before December I think. I was trading consumables non stop earning 100k a day so you can see its easy to save up. I was earning about 250 coins on each card so about 400 cards a day on average.

100k a day!!! Wow. Can you give a couple examples of what you would go for? Sorry for being a pain.

Stab*City wrote: »
    100k a day!!! Wow. Can you give a couple examples of what you would go for? Sorry for being a pain.

You can make money on any consumable card that costs over 500 you just need to learn prices.

I didn't have motivation for trading this year but even an hour of buying cards each night and selling them over the next 24 hours is yielding me 60k a day roughly.

People are drawn to the healing cards trying to trade them but that means it's easier snap up other cards.

Find out what a card is selling for and try buy them for a little underpriced then if you list 100 cards that are about 200 coins overpriced you will sell at least 20 of them that's about 6k profit an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

New Gareth Barry squad builder has finally given me the chance to cash in on my Premier Legaue players. Lots of them going for good prices, if you've any Everton, Villa, City, United, West Ham or Chelsea players, you'll get more coins for them than you will again for a good while I'd say. Gold Everton players and any City or Villa players are getting the biggest markups. Decided to sell every PL card I have and put the coins into a La Liga or Bundesliga squad.

Had 10 Stekelenburgs in my trade pile since last week and I've made a nice few coins of those alone.

I wonder if they will renew the upgrade repeatable challenges when they expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

martyos121 wrote: »
    New Gareth Barry squad builder has finally given me the chance to cash in on my Premier Legaue players. Lots of them going for good prices, if you've any Everton, Villa, City, United, West Ham or Chelsea players, you'll get more coins for them than you will again for a good while I'd say. Gold Everton players and any City or Villa players are getting the biggest markups. Decided to sell every PL card I have and put the coins into a La Liga or Bundesliga squad.

Had 10 Stekelenburgs in my trade pile since last week and I've made a nice few coins of those alone.

I was wondering why Everton players were going for so much on the market! Was going to use them earlier for the 1 club sbc..how did you know that the Barry sbc was going to come up?

There's very little point in getting involved in the overly specific ones.

You'd be cheaper buying packs than paying 5-6k for Villa players alone.

I've been keeping the filler players but I think I'll just keep selling at these periods instead of trying to complete them.

I was wondering why Everton players were going for so much on the market! Was going to use them earlier for the 1 club sbc..how did you know that the Barry sbc was going to come up?

Didn't know in advance, just posted here soon after I spotted it up and running. The Stekelenburg trading was pure luck, I made a half-arsed attempt at price fixing him that was doomed to fail, so that worked out nicely in the end. :pac:

Also for anyone using Basel for the Chemistry is Key challenge, Delgado is down in price enough tonight to justify doing it. Janko and the rest are going for discard value, Bjarnasson for only 100 coins more than discard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bought Coutinho and he's a beast. He's a better dribbler than my young fella and that's some doing. With pace, dribbling and skill he's just ripping through defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Two Irish informs this week with McClean and Coleman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't suppose we'll get our rewards with the TOTW update?

• Advertisement

Advertisement