Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

All those people selling Pjanic :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    All those people selling Pjanic :pac:

Why?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why?

Seemed to be a lot of people thought he would get an IF. The price of his OTW card was 260k this morning, dropped to 150k after it became clear he wasn't getting a boost. Back up to 180k or so now, but there was a lot of hype pushing people to buy the card.

Valencia for my United team, Salah for my current Italian team pls :D Tadic and Benteke for trading :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seemed to be a lot of people thought he would get an IF. The price of his OTW card was 260k this morning, dropped to 150k after it became clear he wasn't getting a boost. Back up to 180k or so now, but there was a lot of hype pushing people to buy the card.

Valencia for my United team, Salah for my current Italian team pls :D Tadic and Benteke for trading :D

Oh right sorry ha I missed all that hype. I was thinking about Salah too but I don't think he is worth the upgrade from cuadrado but I could go all pace whore and play cuadrado on left and if Salah right.

Have you tried eder as a striker for Italian team? He is surprisingly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ok so I've finally sold the last of my PL players and I've 40k sitting around waiting to build a new squad. Anyone have a suggestion for a good league to build a team from? Don't need to spend all of it but I need pacey full backs and one good striker, formations I'm looking at are 4-1-2-1-2 (the one with two wide midfielders) or 4-3-3 (attacking one with two CMs and a CAM).

Any help is much appreciated since I'm not fully in tune with the value of players outside of the PL yet this year.

• Advertisement

Have you tried eder as a striker for Italian team? He is surprisingly good.

Not yet. Mainly been using Icardi, who is pretty anonymous, and I tried Gabia...le....however his name is spelled, and he got 2 in 2 before getting a 4 match injury :rolleyes:

I'm using Salah and Anderson as RF and LF, and the two are scoring most of my goals. Will try Eder though cause I'd really like a striker who can keep up with their goalscoring :P

I'm hopeless at doing squad builds pal and I'm on pc so prices are a little different but I would advise you to look into turkish league side the prices are a bit better I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Draft is doing my head in, played it four times now and every time I've been knocked out in the second round. Haven't seen a single team that isn't all from one league, not sure how everyone is accomplishing that. Game I just played there I went 2-0 up and lost 3-2. Checked afterwards, my keeper, Fahrmann, had 0 saves all game.

Not been buying any expensive cards for personal use yet, but will probably pick up an IF Valencia for my United team over the weekend. Looks a good card :D

Not been buying any expensive cards for personal use yet, but will probably pick up an IF Valencia for my United team over the weekend. Looks a good card :D

I'm finding it so hard not to make a superstar signing ha. I'm up to about 400k now this week and could get aguero for my prem team the only thing that holds me back is martial is an excellent striker. He has scored a goal a game for me since I moved him centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Why?

He played really well so people thought he was definitely gonna be in TOWT, so they all bought him for high amounts hoping to make a tidy profit.

He wasn't :pac:

I'm finding it so hard not to make a superstar signing ha. I'm up to about 400k now this week and could get aguero for my prem team the only thing that holds me back is martial is an excellent striker. He has scored a goal a game for me since I moved him centre.

Yeah, I am in a similar boat. I have a transfer pile worth about 400k at the moment and another 100k in coins set aside for trading this weekend. I am doing fine with what I have and the players I want are waaaay too expensive to justify but getting tempted now....

Yeah, I am in a similar boat. I have a transfer pile worth about 400k at the moment and another 100k in coins set aside for trading this weekend. I am doing fine with what I have and the players I want are waaaay too expensive to justify but getting tempted now....

How are you finding the games? I'm finding every game a battle I rarely seem to get hammered but similar i only ever win by a hard fought goal. My win ratio is terrible. Im up to division five but it feels like division 1 ha.

My record is pretty much 1:1 in terms of wins and losses. I'm not enthralled with the gameplay if I'm honest; it's way more tikka-takka passing and hoping to get a lucky through ball or long shot. And I'm getting games now where people just pass it back and forth between their defenders.
    I've been trying 5-2-3 today and got 5 draws in a row. Doing better with 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMs, and if I do start investing in players to use, thats where they'll be going.

But yeah...."battles" are a good way to describe matches, and I'm not sure if thats good or bad. I'm not trouncing people, but rarely getting trounced either...probably more realistic, I guess...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Still havent bought a team, just been trading on app, dam college assignments :mad:. Going to get a team built over the weekend. Any particular stand outs in premier league

Why all of a sudden has the daily cup turned into a condition tournament?.

I wouldn't mind but I got cheesed in the final just before it ended and now I cant participate for the last day unless I build a new one off team.

Changed back to my old controller as even after buying Vardy I'm getting run down constantly by any sort of player. Coupled that with the headers regularly not registering(I think it shows on the power bar though) maybe my Covert Ops controller is dodgey.

Had the same pace issue in 16 so ill try a few games with the old controller as there's no reason I should be getting run down easily with pacy players.
    The heading issue doesn't seem to be talked about here so I'm hoping its all the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

The heading issue doesn't seem to be talked about here so I'm hoping its all the controller.

I'm ok with headers. I know corners are too easy. When Im getting overrun Im bringing on mandzukic and I have been launching balls into the box and he seems to be banging in more goals then he should. Definitely picking up his IF after the weekend.

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'm ok with headers. I know corners are too easy. When Im getting overrun Im bringing on mandzukic and I have been launching balls into the box and he seems to be banging in more goals then he should. Definitely picking up his IF after the weekend.

I didn't mean scoring them.

I meant my players often chest the ball down and ground pass instead of heading.

Also happens from clearance headers but I've got to double/triple tap to avoid it.

Did ye all get your weekend rewards?.

I got neither my coins or packs and was wondering why nobody was complaining here so googled it and it seems I'm in a minority and most did.

Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did you click on the Fut Champions menu?

Got Smalling and Coman in my reward packs. Happy with Smalling since I was going to use the prize money to buy him.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did you click on the Fut Champions menu?

Got Smalling and Coman in my reward packs. Happy with Smalling since I was going to use the prize money to buy him.

Ya sure I played a cup before close of business yesterday to try get an extra shot in for the weekend as I sold my players to upgrade on Sunday.

I just assumed there was a delay for everyone but when there was nobody here querying I knew something wasn't right so googled it.

I got onto support and they said I'd get them before the weekend... I'll give them till the weekend so.

Ya sure I played a cup before close of business yesterday to try get an extra shot in for the weekend as I sold my players to upgrade on Sunday.

I just assumed there was a delay for everyone but when there was nobody here querying I knew something wasn't right so googled it.

I got onto support and they said I'd get them before the weekend... I'll give them till the weekend so.

I bet you weren't playing fair and didn't deserve them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You know those games where you have 16 shots on target, dominate possession and a much better team and you get a ridiculous red card and lose somehow?

Well I was just on the other end of one! Feels pretty nice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Up to 750K now with about 80K of investments. I hope to reach 1m fairly soon and buy a savage team including Ronaldo or Messi when the market crashes. Probably going to have to spend 200K to buy 2 decent teams for divisions & FUT champions before that though.

I played 4-3-3(4) last year with a possession based game and won D1, but I'm struggling this year to create chances and score goals. I've noticed that one streamer that won 130+ D1 titles last year and that plays the same formation and same style as I do, is now struggling in D3. The play never seems to open up using that formation as it did last year.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Up to 750K now with about 80K of investments. I hope to reach 1m fairly soon and buy a savage team including Ronaldo or Messi when the market crashes. Probably going to have to spend 200K to buy 2 decent teams for divisions & FUT champions before that though.

I played 4-3-3(4) last year with a possession based game and won D1, but I'm struggling this year to create chances and score goals. I've noticed that one streamer that won 130+ D1 titles last year and that plays the same formation and same style as I do, is now struggling in D3. The play never seems to open up using that formation as it did last year.

I'm using it myself now and probably am turning towards having the most possession for the first time in any fifa I'm usually the one with only 40 percent.

As you said games don't seem to open up but I feel that's the general idea of ultimate team this year if you don't pass pass pass your going to get over run which Is what was happening me at the start.

I've my custom tactics setup for really short passing and fast build up it seems to give me about 10 chances a game but I usually struggle to put them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm using it myself now and probably am turning towards having the most possession for the first time in any fifa I'm usually the one with only 40 percent.

As you said games don't seem to open up but I feel that's the general idea of ultimate team this year if you don't pass pass pass your going to get over run which Is what was happening me at the start.

I've my custom tactics setup for really short passing and fast build up it seems to give me about 10 chances a game but I usually struggle to put them away.

Fair play if you can create chances with it.

I think I'm going to move to 4-1-2-1-2 wide. At least with that, I feel like I have a chance to make a chance with every attack. With 4-3-3(4), I feel like an LVG team. 70% possession, and the play rarely opens up like it did last year.

Just noticed you mention above that you are on PC this year. I was wondering why you weren't top of my friends list on PS4 for trade profit!

Haha yeh pal Im a converted geek now. To be honest Its alot different trading on pc it's easier to trade but players on the market are alot scarcer there is only say a handful of players like neymar are or bale for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Snagged 10 IF Tadic's last night for 10-11k. 6 of the 10 sold now for 16k.

IF trading is going really slow, but its backend loaded (in that it snowballs, and makes more and more the longer I go). And the fact I'm not playing now for a few days means I'm not in a rush to get loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Should be new SBCs tomorrow. Liverpool v United is a given but all the player prices have already risen. Bilbao v Sociedad is also a possibility. Rumour has it we'll also get a Higuain SBC.

Advertisement