Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Added Menez up front to my Ligue 1 side, very surprised at how good he's been. 8 goals in 6 games, not a bad return for 900 odd coins! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

First title update has hit the pc with many changes but ones to note are

-an issue where the player would control the ball instead of a clearance

-goalkeeper positioning for corners

-improvement to player switching at corners and free kicks

-addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute a player in fut online matches

-corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics

I'm not too sure what exactly is the result of the injury update then. Will it be like last year and not so many injuries or will he still be 5 games injured but you will have to sub him yourself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FYI, the new squad building challenges need an IF card apparently.

Which means those of us who had been IF trading just hit the ****ing jackpot :P

jayo26 wrote: »
    First title update has hit the pc with many changes but ones to note are

-an issue where the player would control the ball instead of a clearance

-goalkeeper positioning for corners

-improvement to player switching at corners and free kicks

-addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute a player in fut online matches

-corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics

I'm not too sure what exactly is the result of the injury update then. Will it be like last year and not so many injuries or will he still be 5 games injured but you will have to sub him yourself.

So the chesting issue wasn't just my controller.

I went and spent e70 on a Fusion controller, though I wasn't expecting any substantial benefits with it for sports games(had an eye on BF) I did play a few games last night and it only happened once.

Surprised nobody else here mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did the Premier League team and 11 Nations team for the Son SBC but the Korean players for the third team are ridiculously expensive right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Very sickened I didn't buy more Korean players

So the chesting issue wasn't just my controller.

I went and spent e70 on a Fusion controller, though I wasn't expecting any substantial benefits with it for sports games(had an eye on BF) I did play a few games last night and it only happened once.

Surprised nobody else here mentioned it.

I actually only noticed it once or twice to be honest usually a good press of the shoot button cleared the ball for me.

I have the xbox elite controller for battlefield it's an excellent piece of kit if only I was actually any good.

Man, I said earlier about hitting the jackpot with IFs....I got 17-20k for all mine, but there's not a gold IF for under 28k on the Xbox market now...
    The SBC has just destroyed the IF method...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

These SBC are just fantastic for trading. Just sold a silver card I have being regularly buying for 150 coins that obviously some people are using in squad building. Normally been selling them for average 1500 but just sold one for 5000 as there seems to be none on the market ( he is not Korean btw ) :pac:

@LordTSC, I don't see any SBC which requires an IF, where are you seeing that? There must be one somewhere as the IF bronze RW Karl Sheppard I bought for my bronze Airtricity league team for 5,500 yesterday is going for 16,500 today !!!

Berty44 wrote: »
    @LordTSC, I don't see any SBC which requires an IF, where are you seeing that? There must be one somewhere as the IF bronze RW Karl Sheppard I bought for my bronze Airtricity league team for 5,500 yesterday is going for 16,500 today !!!

Its the third one for the special Son card. 11 nations, I think. One needs to be an IF.

Its raised the price of all informs between 11-25k right up to 25k, and all thats under 18k is a few of that bronze Irish lad.

Having to just drop IF trading now cause of it, cause its impossible to restock reliably at the moment :o

• Advertisement

Got myself Son, did it all with about 30k, players already in my club, and a Matic I got in one of the packs from the challenge. Working on a False 9 team now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

How do people deal with hyper-aggressive pressing?

J. Marston wrote: »
    How do people deal with hyper-aggressive pressing?

Pacy attackers counter attacking. Usually high pressing means a high defensive line, and often big gaps all over the field.

Had a lad this evening pause the game to say "park the bus b****" at 2-0.

... this coming from a lad who played ultra defensive from KO. :D

I switched to Ultra when I went 2-0 up as anyone with a brain would do... but for someone to send a message when they switched to Ultra at KO is comical :D

This is one thing I dont miss about consoles is the ****ty comments and abuse over the headset when you are beating someone. It takes to much effort for them on pc so they dont bother at all.

Thanks to the Lord (TSC that is :) )
    I'd forgotten I had stashed an IF Falque at 10250 after reading his IF method. Just sold him for 30,500.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Thanks to the Lord (TSC that is :) )
    I'd forgotten I had stashed an IF Falque at 10250 after reading his IF method. Just sold him for 30,500.

I sold all mine this morning for 18000 and was happy at the time. Now I am kicking myself for not holding onto them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This is one thing I dont miss about consoles is the ****ty comments and abuse over the headset when you are beating someone. It takes to much effort for them on pc so they dont bother at all.

I stock up on 'pinches of salt' myself, I actually enjoy just sending back a simple ''lol gg bro", sends them nuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Think I'm going to start sending this link to salty players...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

J. Marston wrote: »
    Think I'm going to start sending this link to salty players...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Brilliant

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    I stock up on 'pinches of salt' myself, I actually enjoy just sending back a simple ''lol gg bro", sends them nuts :)

Oh yehh I enjoy it don't get me wrong but it is nice not to have it too if that makes sence.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I sold all mine this morning for 18000 and was happy at the time. Now I am kicking myself for not holding onto them. :(

There is easy money to be made tonight. I spent last hour or more filter 20k buy it now and set the player type to special and keep refreshing and pick up a few bargains and sell them on in minutes with a 3 or 4 k profit.

There is easy money to be made tonight. I spent last hour or more filter 20k buy it now and set the player type to special and keep refreshing and pick up a few bargains and sell them on in minutes with a 3 or 4 k profit.

I tried that but I am not quick enough to snipe :P

Not sure if the rewards are worth what people are paying to achieve that Son card. Could not be bothered trying for it so I just sold the 1 silver and 1 gold Korean players I had for 18000 coins total, that's just mad!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I tried that but I am not quick enough to snipe :P

Did you put 20k as buy now but put max price about 30k and each time you return to market rise up max price one notch and go again.

Not sure about Son so far, four games in and when he gets the ball in or around the box it's a near certain goal, but he's almost never in the right position. He's also had to come off injured twice already. Here's the team I'm using, doesn't feel great right now.

m3u9c8fe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was going to go and tackle the final hybrid SBC but just realised you've to have loyalty on most of the players for the last two challenges....bollox. Might just play offline seasons with them and score 3-4 then afk the rest of it.

Did you put 20k as buy now but put max price about 30k and each time you return to market rise up max price one notch and go again.

Yeah by the time I click the card, it's already bought.
    Was going to go and tackle the final hybrid SBC but just realised you've to have loyalty on most of the players for the last two challenges....bollox. Might just play offline seasons with them and score 3-4 then afk the rest of it.

You can get max loyalty in about ten to fifteen minutes. Start the offline match, after kick off, force close the game (on Xbox, just launch another game). Counts as a game played and a contract used, but not a loss on your record. Load the game back up, repeat nine more times, and bam. Loyalty. :P

Think I will bite the bullet and grab Martial and IF Valencia for my team this weekend. My PL team desperately needed an upgrade at LF and RF and I want them United players too :P

Martial is one of my favourite players in game. Change his position to LF and play as a striker and he bangs in goals.

• Advertisement

Martial is one of my favourite players in game. Change his position to LF and play as a striker and he bangs in goals.

I've been using the 4-3-2-1 (I think) formation with my Italian side with Anderson and Salah as LF and RF, and want to try it with the PL. So I'm hoping Martial in at LF on 10 chem should do me well.

Just realised I have 7 Korean players in my club and no interest in the SBC so throwing them all up on the market. A 66 rated non-rare silver sold instantly for 5000. If they all sell for that, that'll cover Martial or IF Val :P

EDIT: ****ty Gold non-rare goes for 10k. :D

Advertisement