Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Has anybody tried Payet or Douglas Costa from the SBC? I'm really tempted to get both as surely the scream cards will get cheaper when the boosts expire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone else having trouble getting into the web app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble getting into the web app?

Working on my phone. Where are you having problems. I sometimes have issues on PC with Internet Explorer but then it works with Chrome / Firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

having problem accessing it through pc using Chrome just very slow loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just conceded another hat trick to Musa, team's not working out. Nolito in the wing with a H/L work rate and instructions to play as far forward as possible does noting but sit on the halfway line. Allan is still playing as a striker too. Time to think up something else.

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    Working on my phone. Where are you having problems. I sometimes have issues on PC with Internet Explorer but then it works with Chrome / Firefox

Been down on the pc most of the day. No problems on the mobile app though.

Busiest day trading wise in a while. Made about 30k on consumables. People are hoovering them up....

Can't get into the web app on PC and I've been temporarily banned from listing items for trading at the prime trading hours of the week.

I'd highly recommend Firmino at CAM in a 4-3-3(4). His positioning is very good. He's scored a lot of goals where I cut in from the wing he pulls into free space and just slots it home first time.

I'd still really like to try that SBC Payet though.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Can't get into the web app on PC and I've been temporarily banned from listing items for trading at the prime trading hours of the week.

WHaaaaaatt??? You gotta tell us why that happened !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm with berty on this I wanna know

Turns out David Villa is still the best striker in the game, scrapped my last team and built one around him, he scores everything.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm with berty on this I wanna know
    Berty44 wrote: »
    WHaaaaaatt??? You gotta tell us why that happened !!

Nothing dramatic, just an annoying limit EA have set.

It seems that if you list a certain number of cards for trade on the console within a certain period of time they time you out. I think if you do 8 trading cycles on the console, they'll ban you for a while. Same if you fill up your trade targets with bids 3 and a half times within a certain time.

I'm not sure if it's within 24 hours or what. I think the ban normally lasts for 2 or 3 hours. I usually list cards for trading on the webapp but couldn't do that today because it's down.

If you get banned from placing bids twice within the same day, they time you out for 24 hours. I guess it's to stop bots trading on the webapp but it's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm stranded in division 2. Think my last 4 seasons have gone 5-0-5.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Nothing dramatic, just an annoying limit EA have set.

It seems that if you list a certain number of cards for trade on the console within a certain period of time they time you out. I think if you do 8 trading cycles on the console, they'll ban you for a while. Same if you fill up your trade targets with bids 3 and a half times within a certain time.

I'm not sure if it's within 24 hours or what. I think the ban normally lasts for 2 or 3 hours. I usually list cards for trading on the webapp but couldn't do that today because it's down.

If you get banned from placing bids twice within the same day, they time you out for 24 hours. I guess it's to stop bots trading on the webapp but it's really annoying.

Oh yeh I had loads of problems like this last year I don't seem to have much trouble this year. My problems were caused by consistently sniping players.

If you are trading consumables I can see that happening. I trade in a number of specific players so not encountered that.

I really hate how easy it is to hold the ball in the corner, just hold one button and don't even move and you're safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I really hate how easy it is to hold the ball in the corner, just hold one button and don't even move and you're safe.

And if you go to tackle it's either a foul or a goal kick...

So finished FUT Champions League there now. Played 30 won 11. Better than I thought I would do. Was in virtually every game except a couple. One in particular I was down 4-0 before I realised that I was on Balanced. Need to have a defensive mentality otherwise you are honing to get walloped. Enjoying this version more than previous ones.

Bought Aubameyang for my Budns squad. Sold him again. Lost 25 over 3 days, prices are falling......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Blazer wrote: »
    Arnautovic is a beast up front. Playing him at RF with Martial and Rooney as Cam and i'm ripping through defenses. I suspect because I'm playing 2 players out of position that I'm not being penalised as hard as I am with a perfect team.
    I have a feeling though that down the line another patch will fix this.i I had it with Reus as LF for one year, averaging a goal a game for about 60 games, patch out and then at LF couldn't hit an barn door.

Well sure as hell my players stop scoring for fun. Arnautovic hadn't scored in 10 games so I dropped the whole team and went with a La Liga side, went back to 4-3-3(4) and splashed 200k on Griezmann. Currently 7 goals in 3 games. He's absolutely lethal in front of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just conceded another hat trick to Musa, team's not working out. Nolito in the wing with a H/L work rate and instructions to play as far forward as possible does noting but sit on the halfway line. Allan is still playing as a striker too. Time to think up something else.
    That ****er always scored against me no matter how strong my defence is.

Web app still down :(

Just keep getting "Sorry, an error has occurred.

Please refresh your web browser to reload the FUT Web App.".

Have tried multiple browsers and all.

• Advertisement

Can't believe I'm actually recommending this player because he is usually definitely not the player I usually go for but inform aspas is a good option for la Liga striker I been using him over the weekend and he doing very well for me in division 4 and 3.

Web app still down :(

Just keep getting "Sorry, an error has occurred.

Please refresh your web browser to reload the FUT Web App.".

Have tried multiple browsers and all.

Same here. I hope they sort it soon. I normally take a min to list up items during the day. If they don't fix it, it's really going to mess up my trading.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Can't believe I'm actually recommending this player because he is usually definitely not the player I usually go for but inform aspas is a good option for la Liga striker I been using him over the weekend and he doing very well for me in division 4 and 3.

I've seen someone else on reddit saying the same thing and posted a screenshot of insane stats for IF Aspas.

For me Martial as a ST is doing really well. More goals and assists combined than games. I had one game where I was 4-0 up after 18 mins and Martial had all four.

I came through the lower 5 divsions, 26-2-2 mostly using this team (at least, ending up with this team)

3AHYEVA.png

Martial is brilliant. Rooney & Mkhitaryan are great in CM as they are both ok at finishing. Rooney has great workrates (M/H) for the position and has a lethal freekick too. Firmino has great positioning. Son and Shaqiri are both decent enough. Walker and Van Aanholt are just pace for dealing with Musa, Vardy, Auba. Smalling is great and Ogbonna is very good but seems to step out of the defensive line every now and again for no reason. My biggest problem is defending corners directly into the box. I had 3 games in a row where I conceded a corner early on and then had to go and chase the game.

I must keep track of what percentage of my games where I dominate the play & chances, only for my opponent to score with his first real shot.

Yeh martial is still my favourite but I got bored of the teams I could use around him but he is excellent. It's hard to find a good striker in the game.

Had same problems with Webapp as above but it seems to be working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Andre Gray is a quality striker. At first in 41212 he only had 3 in 10. He's now got 11 in 15 since switching to 4321.

Also, POTM voting is out and it's a toss up between Allen and Hazard imo.

I hope Allen wins POTM. It would be much better than having an overpowered Hazard POTM card.

Andre Gray is a quality striker. At first in 41212 he only had 3 in 10. He's now got 11 in 15 since switching to 4321.

Also, POTM voting is out and it's a toss up between Allen and Hazard imo.

If it's Hazard, the SBC will be nearly impossible, cause the card, if it were tradeable, would be worth well over half a million....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

If it's Hazard, the SBC will be nearly impossible, cause the card, if it were tradeable, would be worth well over half a million....

Aye, the "easy" one would be 11 Albanians with a rating over 82

On the other hand, I'm hovering up some discard IFs cause last time they did the POTM, and had 1 IF in the challenge, their prices all doubled :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

On the other hand, I'm hovering up some discard IFs cause last time they did the POTM, and had 1 IF in the challenge, their prices all doubled :P

What is a discard IF?

I keep meaning to get into the whole trading business but not sure I have the patience - I have a decent, i.e., not world class, gold EPL and Bundesliga teams and an excellent German silver team (if I say so myself) and 100k to play with - teach me your ways master!

Advertisement