Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I have a nice German silver team as well. Love Esswein. Using a 4321

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What is a discard IF?

I keep meaning to get into the whole trading business but not sure I have the patience - I have a decent, i.e., not world class, gold EPL and Bundesliga teams and an excellent German silver team (if I say so myself) and 100k to play with - teach me your ways master!

By Discard IF, he means an IF that doesn't sell on the market for more than discard price.
    Berty44 wrote: »
    I have a nice German silver team as well. Love Esswein. Using a 4321

Are you using Poulsen from Red Bull Leipzig? 6'3, 88 pace, 75 strength, 81 jumping. Looks like a great player for a silver.

v3ttel wrote: »
    By Discard IF, he means an IF that doesn't sell on the market for more than discard price.

Are you using Poulsen from Red Bull Leipzig? 6'3, 88 pace, 75 strength, 81 jumping. Looks like a great player for a silver.

Must try him. My team is German rather than Bundesliga,e xcept fro my front line where he would fit in. He looks better than Lezcano the Paraguayan striker I have been using!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just had this happen to me, Handanovic less than convincing for the first goal and then my two players decide to tackle each other for the second. Muriel gets his fourth of the game, the other three were all headers from the little giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

21m6z53.png

+5 physical on each card. The most pointless special cards ever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What is a discard IF?

I keep meaning to get into the whole trading business but not sure I have the patience - I have a decent, i.e., not world class, gold EPL and Bundesliga teams and an excellent German silver team (if I say so myself) and 100k to play with - teach me your ways master!

IF cards discard for round 10k coins. So I buy them for 10-11k coins, knowing worst comes to worst, I can quick sell them to get most of my coins back.

Basic rule I always will say to traders; buy as much of one card as you can, increase the price, sell in bulk. Players, in forms, consumables. Buy in bulk, sell in bulk.

Made a few thousand the last few days by buying RW > RM cards for 200 and selling for 500-600 coins. Hey don't move as quick as some other consumables though. I am moving more towards IFs cause I am not playing as much right now and delisting without having to restock constantly is easier

What a stupid promotion, we're only a couple months in and I'm already sick of these special cards every month. It doesn't even make sense, half the players don't even have moustaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't mind the promotions it keeps it intresting especially if it evolved a position change or two.

Had one of those games go in my favour. Beat a guy 4-1 and the stats at the end said I had 4 shots on goal with only 3 on target, somehow. He had 19 shots with 12 on target.

I would've felt sorry for him but he had Musa up front.

Legends SBC up for Overmars loan card. Need an Arsenal centric team, a Dutch team, a Dutch League team and a Barca centric team.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Legends SBC up for Overmars loan card. Need an Arsenal centric team, a Dutch team, a Dutch League team and a Barca centric team.

You are definitely playing less !!! That went up yesterday and some of the prices were already silly because once again it's only a LOAN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Got if mane in a pack. He's not half bad. Benteke and Ericsson are absolute tanks for me tho.

You are definitely playing less !!! That went up yesterday and some of the prices were already silly because once again it's only a LOAN :(

Yeah, Titanfall 2 is taking up most of my time. Hadn't checked SBCs in 24 hours so only just noticed.

Would have done one or two parts if I had the players but am one or two short in all four.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeh martial is still my favourite but I got bored of the teams I could use around him but he is excellent. It's hard to find a good striker in the game.

Niang for Milan and Keane bang them in for me, like 2/3, I rotate between Seria A and Ireland squad

Did the Costa scream SBC. Got Mandzukic in a pack. Spent 109k on Pantillimon and Calhanaglu to meet the 3 scream qualification

Spent ages trying to get to division 1 and now that I'm there, I'm looking forward to being relegated.

Mrs Doyle said it best, it's wall-to-wall bastards.

Am I the only one struggling to win the daily tournaments?

I can't seem to win it with my normal formation.....only can win it or have a good run if I change formation from 4-3-3(4) to 4-1-2-1-2. The one weekend league I was in I only got to play 7 games but didn't have a loss in 120 mins playing my normal way so it's not like it doesn't work against good opponents.

I'm free this weekend so I'd actually hope to get the 40 games in if I could just fecking qualify....got to the final of it tonight and ran out of time to play it.
    Did the Costa scream SBC. Got Mandzukic in a pack. Spent 109k on Pantillimon and Calhanaglu to meet the 3 scream qualification

I'm considering doing this too, but I dont know if I want to spunk the 130K to get an untradeable player. Let me know what you think of him....

I haven't been able to qualify for a weekend league yet, probably going to put together a pacey team to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

You bastards and your in forms, I spent €40 on packs last weekend (never doing it again btw) and got nada - apart from Leno but he doesn't even go for much for than 10k so I build the Bunde team around him

Picked up about 55 gold squad fitness cards at a max of 800 each last night (I even got one for 150 coins, nearly orgasmed!), put them up with min at 950 max at 1,200 - sold seven of them - put the rest up again this morning, I'll see when I get home if it was worth it

Got if mane in a pack. He's not half bad. Benteke and Ericsson are absolute tanks for me tho.

I find Benteke to literally be nothing other than a target man - he can't run with the ball at all and he has the pace of a comatose tortoise - but when you get that cross just right he is a beast - so I like to play him with Zaza (who is quite decent in the air himself), a la the Quinn/Keane combo that did uncle Jack so well in the 90's

• Advertisement

Some good updates for FUT Champions. The weekend league now starts Friday morning so you've 3 days instead of 2. If you place gold 3, then you automatically qualify for the next weekend league.

The monthly rewards are ridiculous with IF packs. There are going to be some unbelievable teams even before TOTY. I guess in theory Online Seasons should be easier at the weekends.

https://i.reddituploads.com/f86178b8ff6448d3bccf30194db18118?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

You bastards and your in forms, I spent €40 on packs last weekend (never doing it again btw) and got nada - apart from Leno but he doesn't even go for much for than 10k so I build the Bunde team around him

Picked up about 55 gold squad fitness cards at a max of 800 each last night (I even got one for 150 coins, nearly orgasmed!), put them up with min at 950 max at 1,200 - sold seven of them - put the rest up again this morning, I'll see when I get home if it was worth it

For the record, you really need to be relisting every hour to get the most out of trading. The way you say you put them up and will check when you get home makes it sound as if you're relying on one cycle....thanks to the fact I work from home, I'm relisting on the hour, every hour (takes all of 10 seconds to do), so it's quantity again. The mobile app is great that way too in terms of quickly relisting them every so often.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For the record, you really need to be relisting every hour to get the most out of trading. The way you say you put them up and will check when you get home makes it sound as if you're relying on one cycle....thanks to the fact I work from home, I'm relisting on the hour, every hour (takes all of 10 seconds to do), so it's quantity again. The mobile app is great that way too in terms of quickly relisting them every so often.

Fair point, looks I have to get the app - just relying on PS4 time at the moment

Fair point, looks I have to get the app - just relying on PS4 time at the moment

You won't be able trade anyway note able on just console unfortunately and another tip is if your trading loads of fitness cards at once instead of resisting all at once go threw them one at a time and relist it takes about 4 minutes when u get really quick at it but you sell loads more.

Be careful with consumable trading for the next few weeks. With Black Friday deals there will likely be a drop in price of all cards. It's happened me where when the market crashed I got stuck with 200 consumables that had half the value of when I bought them which was really annoying.

Be careful with consumable trading for the next few weeks. With Black Friday deals there will likely be a drop in price of all cards. It's happened me where when the market crashed I got stuck with 200 consumables that had half the value of when I bought them which was really annoying.

Its the same with all cards you can be stuck with bigger losses on players. I don't think I've ever been at a loss on consumables. Like to yourself I got caught with maybe 200 cards but you sell them and buy more cards cheaper then you sold them for and off you go again make the t back in a couple hours. To me it's the safest risk free way of trading.

Am I the only one struggling to win the daily tournaments?

I'm considering doing this too, but I dont know if I want to spunk the 130K to get an untradeable player. Let me know what you think of him....

It will probably be weekend before I get to try Costa.

On your previous point I wonder how many of us are on the different platforms. My thinking here is that a couple of years ago when I played in a FIFA league ( I was in the really crappy division :o ) a few of the guys also played FUT. So what we used do every so often is all get on some night, get into a party and go into a tournament and press search at the same time. Then back out unless you get one of your buddies. Made for some good crack and even if you lost it was to a buddy and someone got to progress and often end up in the second round against another pal.

I am on XBox ( same username as here ).

Take a look at @EASPORTSFIFA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/793830083555393536?s=09

Didn't think tim Heaton deserved a totw infairness he did nothing :)

Some good updates for FUT Champions. The weekend league now starts Friday morning so you've 3 days instead of 2. If you place gold 3, then you automatically qualify for the next weekend league.

The monthly rewards are ridiculous with IF packs. There are going to be some unbelievable teams even before TOTY. I guess in theory Online Seasons should be easier at the weekends.

https://i.reddituploads.com/f86178b8ff6448d3bccf30194db18118?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

When are the monthly rewards given out?

• Advertisement

Hoping Coutinho won't be too expensive considering he's at LW and there are more desirable cards this week.

Advertisement