Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For the record, you really need to be relisting every hour to get the most out of trading. The way you say you put them up and will check when you get home makes it sound as if you're relying on one cycle....thanks to the fact I work from home, I'm relisting on the hour, every hour (takes all of 10 seconds to do), so it's quantity again. The mobile app is great that way too in terms of quickly relisting them every so often.

I usually do it every three hours find it works best. I am listing 100 of them though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its the same with all cards you can be stuck with bigger losses on players. I don't think I've ever been at a loss on consumables. Like to yourself I got caught with maybe 200 cards but you sell them and buy more cards cheaper then you sold them for and off you go again make the t back in a couple hours. To me it's the safest risk free way of trading.

Agree with this 100% cards can lose value a bit but will still sell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm just not meant to play in the weekend league. 3-0 up in the final after 20 mins and as the celebration starts for my third goal it disconnects me, gives me the loss, and kicks me out of the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

v3ttel wrote:
    I'm just not meant to play in the weekend league. 3-0 up in the final after 20 mins and as the celebration starts for my third goal it disconnects me, gives me the loss, and kicks me out of the tournament.

Real problem with this I'm finding. Something is up, or the servers are beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

The no loss/quick win glitch going around at the moment is being abused. Noticed it in drafts and seasons.

• Advertisement

After 11 straight wins in the daily tournaments.....I've finally qualified for the weekend league :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I nearly threw my controller at the screen when that wasn't a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Looking at a few twitch streams and one of the streamers had about 9 inform sanches from Arsenal and over a million in cash,, while I have a ****ty little team, he had a team full of legends too... the likes of these really kills the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Looking at a few twitch streams and one of the streamers had about 9 inform sanches from Arsenal and over a million in cash,, while I have a ****ty little team, he had a team full of legends too... the likes of these really kills the game for me.

Those are probably the type of people that are pumping thousands into the game. Unfortunately nothing we can do about it as EA love those people :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

In reply to Ziggy's point and I'm not defending anyone here but I put a bit of time and thought into trading and have about a million coins. My aim every year is to have a team of legends, something I have managed every year. If I spent a lot more time trading I would have had them by now but stuff like real life can interfere with it :rolleyes:.

I hope that when I do get my team of legends that I will be able to stuff poorer teams, otherwise what is the point ! I should be rewarded for putting the time and effort into being able to get such teams.

I have never, I will never, spend a dime, penny or cent on FUT !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Those are probably the type of people that are pumping thousands into the game. Unfortunately nothing we can do about it as EA love those people :P

For the high-profile Youtubers/Twitch players, it's not them spending the money. They probably get donations to open packs.

Boggles my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    For the high-profile Youtubers/Twitch players, it's not them spending the money. They probably get donations to open packs.

Boggles my mind.

As I said before if you think your bad for spending a few quid opening packs just remember there is someone out there now paying money to watch someone else open packs.... Fuk me like.

There's only one or two FIFA streamers that aren't sh*tehawks that roar and shout with inane chatter mixed in between, but I guess that's the personalty needed for it.

I don't watch his streams but Castro bought $8,000 dollars worth of FIFA points at the start of FIFA. It seems completely ridiculous, but like for him it's just an investment. He gets like 200 new subs a day ($4.99 each time minus Twitches cut) and people donate to him probably 20 times an hour. The lad has raised $300,000 through his charity streams, so I can only imagine how much he earns in a year (and that's just from Twitch, nevermind his YouTube).

Why do people donate money to him as he's already loaded? Well there are a lot of idiots out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

People donate money to support their content, far from anyone here to tell them how to spend their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I spent €40 on packs at the weekend and felt like a bit of a mug even as I did it but I could never imagine giving someone else money so I can watch them open a pack...... but as Osmosis says it's up to us how we spend our shillings

People donate money to support their content, far from anyone here to tell them how to spend their money.

No1 is saying what they can spend their money on just saying we don't understand why you wouod that's all.

If people are able complain about streamers spending money on packs surely we can question the people that make it possible to spend the money.

jayo26 wrote: »
    No1 is saying what they can spend their money on just saying we don't understand why you wouod that's all.

If people are able complain about streamers spending money on packs surely we can question the people that make it possible to spend the money.

Well why should people complain about streamers buying packs? Waste of energy is all it is.

Well why should people complain about streamers buying packs? Waste of energy is all it is.

Having a thread to discuss a game is a waste of energy so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have a "sponsorship" with Rooster Teeth. Happily pay money to support their content. Guess it's the same with these streamers. If they enjoy watching the guys opening packs and get their money's worth donating, fair play to them.

I have a "sponsorship" with Rooster Teeth. Happily pay money to support their content. Guess it's the same with these streamers. If they enjoy watching the guys opening packs and get their money's worth donating, fair play to them.

That's it exactly, obviously with RT you're getting content for your money but it's still a way to support the creators. I'm subbed to a couple of Twitch channels myself, although none of them fifa related.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Got Dybala in a pack but not playing with a serie A team atm so probably should sell right?

Guys, will there be marquee matchups this weekend? Any word of what they might be? Google did not help

That's it exactly, obviously with RT you're getting content for your money but it's still a way to support the creators. I'm subbed to a couple of Twitch channels myself, although none of them fifa related.

I understand why people support content creators generally and subscribe to them, especially the ones that don't make much off it, but I struggle to see why heaps of people are queuing up to donate money to a person that is incredibly wealthy and can afford to drop $8,000 on FIFA points.

Then again, people can do what they want with their money.

Aduriz scored 5 goals this evening - another TOTW for him possibly?

Aduriz scored 5 goals this evening - another TOTW for him possibly?

I dont know if European games count towards TOTW. Champions League games aren't taken into account for sure.

I used his normal card as a lone striker in a draft and he was good for me even with lowish pace.

CwYFZzfXEAAFA95.jpg:small

v3ttel wrote: »
    I dont know if European games count towards TOTW. Champions League games aren't taken into account for sure.

I used his normal card as a lone striker in a draft and he was good for me even with lowish pace.

I think lowish pace is an understatement :) hats off to anyone that can play with strikers like that because in all my years playing ultimate team I can't. I'm proud of myself I'm doing so well with aspas and he is 82 pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Fech I can't get a consistent striker in the premiership. Had saved for ages to get Costa but he's average at best.

justshane wrote: »
    Fech I can't get a consistent striker in the premiership. Had saved for ages to get Costa but he's average at best.

Try get martial best of the affordable players that can play as striker I love him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

v3ttel wrote: »
    Costa...
    I'm considering doing this too, but I dont know if I want to spunk the 130K to get an untradeable player. Let me know what you think of him....

I like him so far playing as RF in my Budes squad. Scored a brilliant goal on his debut. Taking the place of Bellarabi and I do feel that he really is much better. I am happy I got him.

Advertisement