Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Berty44 wrote: »
    I like him so far playing as RF in my Budes squad. Scored a brilliant goal on his debut. Taking the place of Bellarabi and I do feel that he really is much better. I am happy I got him.

I use his normal card in my squad and I really like him. Good dribbling and skills plenty of pace and a wiki long shot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm playing a bit again this morning. Have had a bit of fun with a 3-4-3 formation with...
    Schmichel
    Bailey - Williams - Terry
    IF Valencia - Fellaini - Herrera - Azp
    Martial - IF Arnautovic - Memphis

I thought I'd get mauled on counters and the likes but I'm 3-1 this morning, and the three games were all against pace abusers (Rashford and Musa up front). Having three up front AND two wide players really gives so much freedom to attack, and Bailey is a monster in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm playing a bit again this morning. Have had a bit of fun with a 3-4-3 formation with...
    Schmichel
    Bailey - Williams - Terry
    IF Valencia - Fellaini - Herrera - Azp
    Martial - IF Arnautovic - Memphis

I thought I'd get mauled on counters and the likes but I'm 3-1 this morning, and the three games were all against pace abusers (Rashford and Musa up front). Having three up front AND two wide players really gives so much freedom to attack, and Bailey is a monster in defence.

That's a pretty good team - one small tweak I'd make (not that it sounds like you need it) is to put Bailly in the middle of the three as he has the most pace and can cover either side if the other two get caught - just my two cents

Did you buy those IF's or pack them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I played a guy with the 343 last night and killed him but mainly because I felt that he was not playing it correctly rather than any brilliance on my part. 3 of my 4 goals came where he took control of the central defender and came out to tackle my player. A quick 1-2 and he had left a massive gap in behind so make sure you don't get that centre back out of position !

That's a pretty good team - one small tweak I'd make (not that it sounds like you need it) is to put Bailly in the middle of the three as he has the most pace and can cover either side if the other two get caught - just my two cents

Did you buy those IF's or pack them?

Bought the two. No way I'd pack 1 IF card, let alone two :P

Yeah, you're right with Bailly. His pace in the middle would make more sense so moved him inside.

Long term, might replace Terry whose a bit slower...but he scores goals from corners every so often, and keeps his place...

• Advertisement

Smalling and Bailey And Matip Would Be the 3 I Would Have In a 3 man Defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Decided to try 5atb just to see what it's like this year, came up with this team and it's doing well so far. Defence is really good but I think a little more pace up top is needed, neither striker is great at running in behind. At the same time Firmino and Villa are the best two players I've used this year and score so much from outside the box. I also find it funny how much abuse I get because I'm using this formation, from countless people with Musa/Wilson up top.

76d4cdc30a98af5d03c99508cbf32e13.png

Been tempted by an MlS team for the lolz, but worried bout their pace...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fut Champions is the drizzling shíts. Between having to try to get a game half a dozen times (because people back out if they see a "Fut Veteran" apparently) and then the PTB/hold the ball in the corner nonsense, it's just not worth the hassle.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fut Champions is the drizzling shíts. Between having to try to get a game half a dozen times (because people back out if they see a "Fut Veteran" apparently) and then the PTB/hold the ball in the corner nonsense, it's just not worth the hassle.

Actually sounds horrible. I haven't even attempted to qualify any weekend I just have visions of it been like a draft match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

jayo26 wrote: »
    Actually sounds horrible. I haven't even attempted to qualify any weekend I just have visions of it been like a draft match.

You would be right in my experience. Got to the final a couple times but lost everything to either a better player or usual ea aids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just finished the 2 hybrid sbc. 3rd pack, I get Shaqiri. 4th pack I get my second ever walk out, IF Marcelo :D when I saw the IF pop up, I was hoping and praying for Sanchez. Then I saw the Brazilian flag, and I was hoping it was Coutinho. Time to build a BBVA squad around him....anyone any recommendations?

Just finished the 2 hybrid sbc. 3rd pack, I get Shaqiri. 4th pack I get my second ever walk out, IF Marcelo :D when I saw the IF pop up, I was hoping and praying for Sanchez. Then I saw the Brazilian flag, and I was hoping it was Coutinho. Time to build a BBVA squad around him....anyone any recommendations?

I've been using laliga squad for a while now and if i was you I'd go Brazilian. Spanish league midfielders are really weak unless you can get modric and iniesta but the likes of turan and rakitic are slow and get tired where as with Brazilian team you have a few nice midfielders around the 80 to 83 mark that dobt cost a bomb and you have Pato as striker who I think is handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I think lowish pace is an understatement :) hats off to anyone that can play with strikers like that because in all my years playing ultimate team I can't. I'm proud of myself I'm doing so well with aspas and he is 82 pace.

I'd be the same but with the draft, he was the only striker I had so I had no choice but to use him. Surprised how well he played.

With hunter it brings him up to around 80 pace and he has 82 strength which is enough to hold people off and make up for his lack of pace. I'd say he'd be very good in a two striker formation.

I'm just watching the current FIWC champion getting rode in a game on FUT champions and he has an amazing team (Neymar, Griezman, etc). Starting it myself later and not sure whether I should use 4-1-2-1-2 which is the formation I used to qualify or my normal 4-3-3(4) which gave me a good record in seasons so far.

Berty44 wrote: »
    I like him so far playing as RF in my Budes squad. Scored a brilliant goal on his debut. Taking the place of Bellarabi and I do feel that he really is much better. I am happy I got him.

I would really like to get him but I think I'll give him a miss. All the scream cards have gone up so it would cost me 150K for him. I was hoping they'd drop from 38K to 30, but the cheapest is around 45K now. It's a lot for an untradeable player that doesn't slot directly into my current team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've been using laliga squad for a while now and if i was you I'd go Brazilian. Spanish league midfielders are really weak unless you can get modric and iniesta but the likes of turan and rakitic are slow and get tired where as with Brazilian team you have a few nice midfielders around the 80 to 83 mark that dobt cost a bomb and you have Pato as striker who I think is handy enough.

I was thinking of 4321, midfield 3 will be Kovacic, Iborra (both from packs) and Rafinha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Decided to try 5atb just to see what it's like this year, came up with this team and it's doing well so far. Defence is really good but I think a little more pace up top is needed, neither striker is great at running in behind. At the same time Firmino and Villa are the best two players I've used this year and score so much from outside the box. I also find it funny how much abuse I get because I'm using this formation, from countless people with Musa/Wilson up top.

76d4cdc30a98af5d03c99508cbf32e13.png

theres a special place in hell for you and anyone else who uses this formation, although most who use it are using PTB counter attack and 90+pace strikers so i guess your ticket isnt booked yet :P

Is there a way to switch the default free kick camera back to the original one. This new camera is so inaccurate, I'm constantly playing short passes to the wrong players.

Also on that note, why on earth do the think it's a good idea to have every player on your team push into the opposition box whenever you get a free kick on the halfway line? I just want to play it short and continue with the game, I don't want there to be a chance to have a pass intercepted and counter attacked even though I didn't want my defence a mile up the pitch.

Is there a way to switch the default free kick camera back to the original one. This new camera is so inaccurate, I'm constantly playing short passes to the wrong players.

Also on that note, why on earth do the think it's a good idea to have every player on your team push into the opposition box whenever you get a free kick on the halfway line? I just want to play it short and continue with the game, I don't want there to be a chance to have a pass intercepted and counter attacked even though I didn't want my defence a mile up the pitch.

Click R3 for the old camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

What is wrong with fitness on the UT mode? Players fatigued so easily and taking ages to get health back up when rested! Some players fitness doesn't improve and requires healthcards, what's with that?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Click R3 for the old camera.

Yeah I know that, just wondering if it's possible to set it to that by default.

Also just discovered Keylor Navas is the worst keeper in the game, saves a fair amount but never catches the ball, never. Whether it's a cross or a lightly tapped rolling strike he's going to parry it right back into play or out for a corner, really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is it worth doing the Arsenal v Spurs squadbuilder to get a prime players pack? How many players would be in it and are they all gold and rare?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

justshane wrote: »
    Fech I can't get a consistent striker in the premiership. Had saved for ages to get Costa but he's average at best.
    I have Sturridge and Remy up top and Coutinho behind,works well.
    (Remy was the most expensive striker I could afford and I happened to pack Sturridge,had Batshuayi before that who I thought was decent)

There is definitely something not right about Lukaku's scream card.

6'3, 90 heading and he consistently lost headers from kick outs against my opponents 5'6 Kante. 90 strength and he is instantly pushed off the ball whenever someone comes close to him even if they have low 70s strength.

So I started to do the MLS SBC - managed to do Real Salt Lake fairly handily and then followed up with SJ Earthquakes - both are rewarded with silver packs, long story short, second pack I got Daryl Horgan POTM, worth about 11k - one the hand I'm pleased to get a fancy card, on the other hand I was hoping it would be a player I'd actually use

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So I started to do the MLS SBC - managed to do Real Salt Lake fairly handily and then followed up with SJ Earthquakes - both are rewarded with silver packs, long story short, second pack I got Daryl Horgan POTM, worth about 11k - one the hand I'm pleased to get a fancy card, on the other hand I was hoping it would be a player I'd actually use

Are the MLS ones still really expensive to do? Would love to get that Giovinco and build a team around him but I've only 40,000 coins and don't want to dent that balance too much.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Are the MLS ones still really expensive to do? Would love to get that Giovinco and build a team around him but I've only 40,000 coins and don't want to dent that balance too much.

Cost me about 5k to do the two teams - there are always one or two players for each team that are hiked up to 2/3k each - it's painful - I'm gonna carry on though

The penalties from the keeper's perspective are a load of shít. Had a shootout where I dived correctly 4/5 penalties but the ball just goes through hands or a millimetre above or below hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Have a feeling Hazard will get POTM for October so I plan to get his special card if he does win it. What do people think the SBC challenges for him will be?

I've bought a full Belgium team, a full Lille team, plenty of premiership players.

Anyone have any ideas what other bases I should cover in case he does win POTM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Hazard will get POTM for October so I plan to get his special card if he does win it. What do people think the SBC challenges for him will be?

I've bought a full Belgium team, a full Lille team, plenty of premiership players.

Anyone have any ideas what other bases I should cover in case he does win POTM?

You've the right idea, but make there's plenty of rares in those Lille and Belgian teams, EA love putting the rares in the SBCs these days to make them more expensive.

Advertisement