Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just played a guy using a 4321 with Sturridge, Sterling and IF Mane up top. All he did was sprint down the wings and cross the ball, nothing more. He was absolutely terrible, didn't matter though as he beat me 2-1 with 2 shots all game, both here from N'Golo Kante. So frustrating to play someone who's done nothing right all game but gets these sort of moments to win the game. Just to note Kante has 66 Shooting :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Have a feeling Hazard will get POTM for October so I plan to get his special card if he does win it. What do people think the SBC challenges for him will be?

I've bought a full Belgium team, a full Lille team, plenty of premiership players.

Anyone have any ideas what other bases I should cover in case he does win POTM?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a full Chelsea team (with at least 3 Belgian's to make it expensive). That card would probably go for 650K if it was tradeable so I expect the SBCs to be ridiculously expensive to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

People have heavily invested into Hazard POTM already...think they went the same route with Lille, Belgium and Chelsea. Might actually buy a couple squads to get the card itself and to sell on the rest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Up to Div 5 now. Won the Div 6 title with a 6-2-2 record.

Loving the 3-5-2. It's gotten me back into a positive win/loss ratio (72-20-71). When it goes wrong, it goes badly wrong (like, losing by 4 goals wrong...). But more often than not, I'm winning games by two or three goals, which is always fun. Three tall, decently fast defenders (Bailly, Williams, Matip) in the box cuts down 90% of crosses. Midfield of Herrera and Fellaini offers a good mix of physicality and passing. And IF Arnautovic and Martial are just scoring for absolute fun. Arnautovic especially seems to be getting two goals a game.

Do have a worry it's just that the "great" players have moved on up the divisions, and I'll get a rude awakening in Div 5. But for now, it's working, so I'm not changing it.

It's funny the amount of rage quits scoring a goal with Fellaini gets :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My win loss ratio is minus 13 and its 100 percent due to server kick outs. I've always been same as TSC about half and half.

Division 3 is my block at the moment can't go up any further but seem to always just miss out by a point or two so it's only a matter of time.

Sold bale this morning for 830k I bought him last week for 700k prices still just seem to keep rising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Cost me about 5k to do the two teams - there are always one or two players for each team that are hiked up to 2/3k each - it's painful - I'm gonna carry on though

Went to do Kansas today and there is a rule of max 5 US players - non-US players for each position are going for about 7k each - if any wants to do this I'd wait till after xmas maybe and the prices should come down, I think some players are being price fixed for the 9k region as well

Went to do Kansas today and there is a rule of max 5 US players - non-US players for each position are going for about 7k each - if any wants to do this I'd wait till after xmas maybe and the prices should come down, I think some players are being price fixed for the 9k region as well

Did you do the Jonas one? I'm tempted to have a lash off it he looks great for a cam in Brazilian team.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did you do the Jonas one? I'm tempted to have a lash off it he looks great for a cam in Brazilian team.

I might actually have a bash as well - ironically I started with Giovinco because I thought it would be cheaper to complete

I might actually have a bash as well - ironically I started with Giovinco because I thought it would be cheaper to complete

Id have absolutely no use for an untradeable givinco lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id have absolutely no use for an untradeable giving lol.
    That being said I am really enjoying my SBC Costa. Scoring some great goals for me, well worth the cost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF Ibrahimovic incoming? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hate Renato Sanches. 78 overall who plays like an 87 overall

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Its super annoying, Not sure he will be worth the 300k it will cost to get him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

J. Marston wrote: »

Have him in my 4321Bundes squad and he really is very good.

OTW Mane holders will be delighted, bound to get another IF this week.

He has bags of pace and stamina mixed in with strenght and give him a midfielder chemistry card and he is one of the best in game he is only reason I have a half Brazilian and half Bundesliga team.

Needed 1 bloody win from 3 games to get Gold 1 (50k and two 100k packs) in Fut Champions.

Get destroyed by Musa 3 games in a row conceding about 10 goals to him. Fúck this game and fúck Musa. Every year there's a fast cheap striker to even the playing field and this year it's him.

Needed 1 bloody win from 3 games to get Gold 1 (50k and two 100k packs) in Fut Champions.

Get destroyed by Musa 3 games in a row conceding about 10 goals to him. Fúck this game and fúck Musa. Every year there's a fast cheap striker to even the playing field and this year it's him.

Sorry to add to this but do you actually need a very good team to take part, I have this team so far:

Karius
    Clichy, Mustafi, Bailly, Sagna
    Matic,Cabaye,
    Pedro, Sane
    Benteke, Zaza

I've always been hesitant to go in in case I get destroyed

FUT Champions is nuts. I had a very average start, ended up experimenting with a bunch of formations (none of which I could get to work for me, especially 4-3-2-1..... the LF and RF are useless and never make runs). I had the worst run I've ever had in any FIFA losing 5 in a row. It's probably not the mode you want to experiment in, but felt I had to do something.

I decided to try 4-2-3-1 and now I've won 7 out of 8, only conceded 2 goals in those 8 games and the one I lost was on penalties. It's very solid defensively with two CDMs. I tried it before on previous FIFA and I could never put together a decent attack with it, but it's been working so well for me.

Just played a lad there and I went 2-0 up with 77 mins gone. He paused three times, then waited the full length to take the kick off, then a long pass to his keeper and an own goal. Every goal took hardly any time off the clock. He did that over and over so it took about 25 mins to complete the last 13 in-game minutes. I guess he was hoping the connection would drop or that I'd turn off my console. The FIFA community are arseholes but I just dropped the controller and left him waste his own time away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

v3ttel wrote: »
    FUT Champions is nuts. I had a very average start, ended up experimenting with a bunch of formations (none of which I could get to work for me, especially 4-3-2-1..... the LF and RF are useless and never make runs). I had the worst run I've ever had in any FIFA losing 5 in a row. It's probably not the mode you want to experiment in, but felt I had to do something.

I decided to try 4-2-3-1 and now I've won 7 out of 8, only conceded 2 goals in those 8 games and the one I lost was on penalties. It's very solid defensively with two CDMs. I tried it before on previous FIFA and I could never put together a decent attack with it, but it's been working so well for me.

Just played a lad there and I went 2-0 up with 77 mins gone. He paused three times, then waited the full length to take the kick off, then a long pass to his keeper and an own goal. Every goal took hardly any time off the clock. He did that over and over so it took about 25 mins to complete the last 13 in-game minutes. I guess he was hoping the connection would drop or that I'd turn off my console. The FIFA community are arseholes but I just dropped the controller and left him waste his own time away.

This has happened to me so many times over the years. I really dont understand the point. The same with the guys who do that lag thing. I was explaining to my wife what happens and she was like "What sort of normal person see's the achievement in it" the answer was in the question love.
    Its why this year I have spent more time in career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I know your pain, I went with a La Liga Team rated 86 with Griezemann up front, 9 goals in 7 games, 12 games later,,,10 goals in total where my team are up against lesser opponents and my team are playing like a bunch of blind titus brambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

v3ttel wrote: »

They are the worst.of the worst.
    Another I can't understand is why people rage quit in 90th min or the 3rd min when one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Got gold 3 in the weekend league. Still have 7 games to go but not bothered. Happy I am automatically qualified for next weeks. Ps. IF Al Soma is a god.

The advantage of being done with Fut Champions is that seasons seems like a pleasant kickabout in comparison.

Gold 1....I'll take it.

I went 13-2 in my last 15 games to pull it out of the bag after the worst run I've ever had yesterday. The two I lost were on pens.

Elite would have been possible if I had stumbled across this formation/tactics/instructions combo just a few games earlier. I'm afraid to touch this squad or to upgrade players while I'm doing so well in case I break it somehow. Lanzini, Sane, Depay with Martial up front....they did the job nicely. Giovinco is a fantastic sub too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Man Utd v Arsenal in the league after the international break, would this be a good shout to be a marquee match? Would it be wise to invest in a few players?

Has anyone had a bug with penalties where your players decide to take themselves with zero power? It just happened me twice in a shootout. The goalie had time to dive the wrong way, get back up, walk over to the other side of the goal and stop it. I hadn't pressed anything and the player was only standing over the kick for about 2 seconds so I definitely didn't run out of time.

Need to win my game for promotion, opponent has a False 9 with Ronaldo, Bale and Robben, horrible chemistry. Park the bus from the first minute, when I have the ball in defence his defenders are still on the edge of his box. He's created no chances, 84th minute I finally break through and score, 90th minute he sprints up the pitch, has a few shots that bounce around the box and Ronaldo has a tap in. I then kick off and push every forward into his box, just inside the box I take a shot, my leg is caught by the player behind me and I miss the ball, no foul and full time blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

What are the requirements to enter FUT Champions. I've only ever messed about with online seasons but this sounds interesting if I'm getting rewarded.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    What are the requirements to enter FUT Champions. I've only ever messed about with online seasons but this sounds interesting if I'm getting rewarded.

Win one of the daily cups in the fut champions section

Advertisement