Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

jayo26 wrote: »
    Win one of the daily cups in the fut champions section

That's it ? I can use my own squad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

14murphy wrote: »
    That's it ? I can use my own squad ?

Different days have different squad requirements

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FInished the newer League and Nation hybrid challenges. The MLS and Turkish leagues are brilliant for the Nation challanges btw; loads of diverse nations up and down them.

Got Remy (my favorite card from the last two years), Hopf (The Sweedish Movember card, sold for 11k to cover costs of doing the challanges), Aurier, Lopez (Lyon's 83 rated keeper) and Bojan. Not great, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

mutley18 wrote: »
    Man Utd v Arsenal in the league after the international break, would this be a good shout to be a marquee match? Would it be wise to invest in a few players?

Anyone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

mutley18 wrote: »
    Anyone? :confused:

I'm not sure, arsenal already been in it twice I think. I bought some American, Mexican and Scottish players for the international matches, nothing too crazy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I think the Milan derby is due up soon and Galatasary v Fenerbache. Can't remember if they're immediately after international break though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I think the Milan derby is due up soon and Galatasary v Fenerbache. Can't remember if they're immediately after international break though.

So I did a quick check on some of the leagues in FUT and these jumped out at me (don't know which ones will be picked, if any):

Dortmund v Munich - 19-NOV - not exactly a derby or even a real rivalry any more but you never know....

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid - 19-NOV - I would say this is almost certain (but to clarify, I don't actually know)

Panathaniakos v AEK Athens - 20-NOV - both teams based in Athens, and they (EA) do like to throw in a small derby when they can

AC Milan v Inter - 20-NOV - probably a certainty as well

Fenerbache v Galatasary - 20-NOV - old Turkish rivalry, a possibility

Montreal Impact v Toronto FC - both Canadian teams, but it's a play-off so I don't know if they will count it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

So I did a quick check on some of the leagues in FUT and these jumped out at me (don't know which ones will be picked, if any):

Dortmund v Munich - 19-NOV - not exactly a derby or even a real rivalry any more but you never know....

Atletico Madrid v Real Madrid - 19-NOV - I would say this is almost certain (but to clarify, I don't actually know)

Panathaniakos v AEK Athens - 20-NOV - both teams based in Athens, and they (EA) do like to throw in a small derby when they can

AC Milan v Inter - 20-NOV - probably a certainty as well

Fenerbache v Galatasary - 20-NOV - old Turkish rivalry, a possibility

Montreal Impact v Toronto FC - both Canadian teams, but it's a play-off so I don't know if they will count it

Yeah, I don't think play offs/cup games count. Celtic v Rangers in the Scottish cup was a couple weeks back but wasn't included. imo, the real money with MM is in the lesser known ones e.g. the Huracan vs San Lorenzo one this week where silvers were extinct and insta selling at 10k

Promoted from Div 5 with a 5-2-3 record.

The 3-5-2 formation cost me the three losses as soon as I entered the league. Switched to a 4-3-3 with Arnautovic in the CF role, and went unbeaten for the next seven. Only for a last second goal, I would have gone up as champions but promotion is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Tried to qualify for the FUT Champions League. Six attempts of it I only got to the 2nd round twice. 2 of my games exact same stats, 58% possession, 15 shots 8 on target, opponent 3 shots 2 on target, lost both. I'm probably not quite good enough to qualify yet unless there are unusual criteria like the silvers a few weeks ago.

After using all my attempts I played a Div 7 game, battering a guy, still 0-0 but in the 60th minute I get a penalty....but he disconnects immediately and the game does not count.

FIFA can be the most frustrating game ever.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Berty44 wrote:
    Tried to qualify for the FUT Champions League. Six attempts of it I only got to the 2nd round twice. 2 of my games exact same stats, 58% possession, 15 shots 8 on target, opponent 3 shots 2 on target, lost both. I'm probably not quite good enough to qualify yet unless there are unusual criteria like the silvers a few weeks ago.

Post your team and maybe we can pick out some improvements if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Post your team and maybe we can pick out some improvements if you want?

Having similar difficulties myself , playing 4 1 4 1,
    lloris in goal,
    lb- rose, cb - vertongen and alderweld, rb- walker,
    cm- dembele,
    lm POTM Son, cams- erikson and silva, rm- willian,
    st -kane

.......all the games are close not getting hammered, doing ok in seasons up to level 6 very few losses so far but the fut champions is killing me

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2070483/

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2070177/

Hopefully those links work.

Don't really think its the fault of my squads, more my poor play really, making silly mistakes and my finishing is not the best.

I play Ultra D. Anything more offensive than that and I get destroyed with through balls. First FIFA I have done that as previously I played balanced and used to be murdered on the counter. I have the RF / LF Get In behind and play the striker as a Target Man. I found strength to be so important this year so I try and use the strongest players possible and it does pay off. The left and right CM I have stay back so let the CM be the most offensive. My 4 defenders are all stay back.

Surprisingly I do create a load of chances, especially against aggressive players with one-twos. As I said my finishing is poor. I qualified foR the FUT Champions with a silver team a couple of weeks ago and won 11 out of 30 but I was competitive in every sinGle game except a couple where i was just playing superior players and the one where I was 4-0 at HT when I forgot to go Ultra D at the start :)

I did not play online for the first few weeks as I built my squads and I am currently in Div 7 having won 10/9/8 titles easily. I am not a skiller but do use the RT/LT to shield the ball and move by players who are running around like mad. Trying to incorporate the fake shot into my game and it works about 2 out of every 3 times but the third is a shot :( I just need to keep calm in front of goal !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is anyone else having problems for the web app? Every time I list a card for transfer it crashes. It's been the same since last night, tried it on different browsers and different laptops.
    Berty44 wrote: »
    http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2070483/

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2070177/

Surprisingly I do create a load of chances, especially against aggressive players with one-twos. As I said my finishing is poor.

I'm the same. I have more shots than my opponent in 9 games out of 10, even in FUT champions but my finishing is so poor. I hit the post 6 times in one FUT champions game over the weekend.

I heard yesterday that far post driven finesse shots with 3 bars of power is by far the most consistent way of finishing at the moment, even with a players weak foot.

I haven't tried it yet myself, I was too burned out after 40 games over the weekend to play yesterday but from what I've seen it works pretty well.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems for the web app? Every time I list a card for transfer it crashes. It's been the same since last night, tried it on different browsers and different laptops.

Having no problem, working fine You should try logging out, clearing caches and logging in freshly again.

Yeha, no problems for me either.

Lads, anyone know when the POTM squad building challenges usually go up? Last month, I got caught badly because while all my IFs sold, had I waited a few hours, I'd have made way more. Don't want to be caught again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is it because you have listed loads of cards in the last day or so? It has happened me few times this year it comes right after a few hours or next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Berty44 wrote:
    I did not play online for the first few weeks as I built my squads and I am currently in Div 7 having won 10/9/8 titles easily. I am not a skiller but do use the RT/LT to shield the ball and move by players who are running around like mad. Trying to incorporate the fake shot into my game and it works about 2 out of every 3 times but the third is a shot I just need to keep calm in front of goal !!

Those teams seem fine. The only thing could be the formation. It's easy to get hit on the counter with 4321.

If you want you can DM me and can get a few games online and maybe can see what's up. I usually play Div 1, but only consider myself an average player.

I'm on ps4. If anyone wants a few games I'm on most evenings for an hour.

Thanks for the offer but I am on XBox.

The thing is playing Ultra D I don't get caught on the counter as when my opponent counters the 4 defenders are sitting back there. Where I do give up goals on the counter is immediately after a corner which can happen with any formation and is down to my poor play. On corners I have had success in playing them short and cutting in along the endline and getting to the six yards box and cutting them back. Sometimes though I lose the ball out in the corner trying to beat the tackler but as I said no matter what the formation that could be the case.

We are all biased in thinking that sometimes the game is against us but last night took the biscuit. In one game I battered a guy first half and had a 1-0 lead ( should have been 3/4 ) in the 45th minute he gets a corner. He gets a shot in and the goalie saves it but it bounces off a defenders knee at the six yard line and in for the og. Second half he got one chance, poor defending by me and I lose 2-1. I had 58% possession 15 shots on goal with 8 on target, one goal. He had two shots, two goals.

So if anyone on XBox want to build up their confidence hit me up for a game !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Berty44 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer but I am on XBox.

The thing is playing Ultra D I don't get caught on the counter as when my opponent counters the 4 defenders are sitting back there. Where I do give up goals on the counter is immediately after a corner which can happen with any formation and is down to my poor play. On corners I have had success in playing them short and cutting in along the endline and getting to the six yards box and cutting them back. Sometimes though I lose the ball out in the corner trying to beat the tackler but as I said no matter what the formation that could be the case.

We are all biased in thinking that sometimes the game is against us but last night took the biscuit. In one game I battered a guy first half and had a 1-0 lead ( should have been 3/4 ) in the 45th minute he gets a corner. He gets a shot in and the goalie saves it but it bounces off a defenders knee at the six yard line and in for the og. Second half he got one chance, poor defending by me and I lose 2-1. I had 58% possession 15 shots on goal with 8 on target, one goal. He had two shots, two goals.

So if anyone on XBox want to build up their confidence hit me up for a game !!!!

Have you tried playing with a 433-4 I having great success with that formation. My front 3 and cam usually run wild scoring loads of goals.

• Advertisement

Have you tried playing with a 433-4 I having great success with that formation. My front 3 and cam usually run wild scoring loads of goals.

I started off with the 433 and found that the CAM in that formation was my best player scoring a load of goals. Its not too dissimilar to the 4321. Might go back to it as my goal return from my midfielders is poor. The left and right midfielders I have set to stay back while attacking have only 3 goals in 164 matches.

New challenge up for a Tipplegaen POTY card. Needs an iF card.

I know it needs players from the league, but have already sold two IF Grosicki cards for 19000 that I bought for 11000, and the prices are creeping up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lord TSC wrote: »
    New challenge up for a Tipplegaen POTY card. Needs an iF card.

I know it needs players from the league, but have already sold two IF Grosicki cards for 19000 that I bought for 11000, and the prices are creeping up now :D

Bit steep, cant see too many wasting a special for an 80 rated card

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Won ten games in a row after changing my jersey :pac:
    Finished my French team Menez is a boss in midfield. Gignac not the beast he was last year though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I got sick of just holding Div6 for 5 seasons. Put my whole team up for sale. Had a 4-3-3 premiership team but I couldn't score goals. Nearly all my wins were 1-0 or 2-1. Any advice on a league formation to go to?

1 draw and three losses in Div 4.

Going to rebuild my team. Have decided to treat myself to Muller, who I've loved in previous games. Already have IF Calhanoglu, so doing a 4-4-2 hybrid.
    Muller - IF Arnautovic
    IF Calhanoglu - Alonso - Herrera - Martial
    Rodriquez - Martinez - Bailly - IF Valencia
    Leno

The German side of things drastically improves the rating of my squad. Muller and Leno were big buys, but I've been hoarding coins for too long, and have hit a brick wall without spending, so time to treat myself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Well got sick of my La Liga team as they just fell apart.
    Went with a Ligue 1 team with Lacazette and Black card Ben Arfa as CAM.
    Ben Arfa is a beast, hat trick in his 2nd game, Lacazette a hat trick in his third game.
    I'm hoping its not the usual placebo effect but this team seems really more fluid and attacking.

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2101779/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jayo26 wrote: »
    Is it because you have listed loads of cards in the last day or so? It has happened me few times this year it comes right after a few hours or next day.

That was it. I thought it would just say "your trade cannot be complete" rather than just crash.

v3ttel wrote: »
    That was it. I thought it would just say "your trade cannot be complete" rather than just crash.

Nope it just crashes pal it would be nice if they actually explained these things. I usually try to spread listings out between each device every so often.

• Advertisement

Advertisement