Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Had a crack at the FUT championships this week and it was a disaster, I went with my Bundesliga team and we got hammered 5-1 and 5-2 in the first two attempts with a 4-5-1 formation (I use this against the AI and I find it works brilliantly, obviously doesn't translate to RL) - changed to 3-5-2 and had some joy in getting past the first round twice out of four attempts only to be dumped out at the second round on both occasions.

Changed it to 4-1-2-1-2 for the last three attempts and got past the first round once, was drawing my game in the second round but the lag was a disaster, tried to play the game but I ended up getting booted from the server and they awarded my opponent with the win. So no more attempts for me - still, always next week

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Seems every one is changing their teams. Think I need to as well. Promoted to division 1 again and demolished again. Then 2 consecutive seasons of barely clinging on to division 2, needing a win in my last game both times to survive.

I just cannot find a striker that works. In previous FUTs, my strikers averaged pretty much a goal a game. This year, it's more 1 goal every 2 or even 3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

J. Marston wrote: »
    Seems everyone one is changing their teams. Think I need to as well. Promoted to division 1 again and demolished again. Then 2 consecutive seasons of barely clinging on to division 2, needing a win in my last game both times to survive.

I just cannot find a striker that works. In previous FUTs, my strikers averaged pretty much a goal a game. This year, it's more 1 goal every 2 or even 3 games.

You need to get yourself an in form aspas I love him nearly a goal per game for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That TOTW is ridiculously good...hoping to get my hands on an IF Firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I've got 500k and want to make an all round quick team. Anyone got any ideas?

Have special Jonas, Giovinco and Sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I got 2 x 100K packs for FUT champions rewards. 48 gold rare gold players.

47 of the ****ers I packed don't sell for more than discard price. The one player out of 48 that sells is Musa for 2,600.

Seriously, what a load of absolute bollocks packs are unless they are from the squad builder challenges.

Got 2 35k packs and 1 25k (I think) pack. Miranda, Rooney and Pastore were the decent picks.

Think I'll probably try Rooney at CAM even with his horrible work rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

How many wins did you guys have to get those packs

21 for me. 25 for v3ttel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

J. Marston wrote: »
    21 for me. 25 for v3ttel.

For winning over half your games. That's sh**e
    How many do ya need to be winning to get any of the ifs.
    Also do you need if there tradeable or untradeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Had a crack at the FUT championships this week and it was a disaster,
    We need to play !! Earlier this week I exhausted my 6 attempts getting to the 2nd round twice before being beaten. Last night I started on the 7 attempts for Wednesday/Thursday, got to the 2nd round twice in 4 attempts before bowing out. Another 3 attempts left for tonight but the signs are not good :o

Sticking with the 4321 but changed my midfield trio slightly. Have the middle one good defensively and on Stay Back with the other two on Normal but with good attack positioning stats.

To be perfectly honest I am losing my games through poor defending more than anything else, avoided any hammerings and tend to lose by just the one goal.

@jayo. Got myself an IF Aspas last week ago on your advice and used him for the first time last night. Excellent recommendation :) he scored a cracker 5 minutes into his debut and I like everything about him !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Finding it impossible to qualify for the fut championship. Went out in the 2nd round five times in a row there last night, twice being bet in extra time and twice on penalties.
    I'm in div 2/3 normally, and my teams are grand enough I think.
    Played 433 but moved to 4321 (the one with the lf and rf) as that's what I mostly come up against and it helped me in fut seasons.
    My lads always seem so slow to get forward and support but everything I lose the ball, it's usually an isolated 3v4 where one missed tackle gives them a very good chance.

The frustration is killing me!

Thanks berty I think its because he has over 85 in finishing,attack position and agility he seems to be in right place at right time

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thanks berty I think its because he has over 85 in finishing,attack position and agility he seems to be in right place at right time

He actually has scored 3 in 3 for me even though his record is only 2/3, the 3rd he took a fantastic shot from 30 yards and it hit the post and bounced in off the goalkeepers back :pac:

Some of the runs he makes are superb and his shooting really is good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

New Marquee matches SBC up. Brazil/Argentina (five from each), Nigeria/Algeria (two from each), USA/Mexico (think three from each) and Wales/Serbia (1 of each).

Got nothing from mine but only had to spend about 7000 to finish them all.

This obsession with "Gold Only" though is driving me bonkers. Just going to start upgrading every bronze and silver I have up into golds....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Not a bad SBC...decent enough pack rewards too. Will probably tackle it tomorrow!

Berty44 wrote: »
    We need to play !! Earlier this week I exhausted my 6 attempts getting to the 2nd round twice before being beaten. Last night I started on the 7 attempts for Wednesday/Thursday, got to the 2nd round twice in 4 attempts before bowing out. Another 3 attempts left for tonight but the signs are not good :o

Sticking with the 4321 but changed my midfield trio slightly. Have the middle one good defensively and on Stay Back with the other two on Normal but with good attack positioning stats.

To be perfectly honest I am losing my games through poor defending more than anything else, avoided any hammerings and tend to lose by just the one goal.

@jayo. Got myself an IF Aspas last week ago on your advice and used him for the first time last night. Excellent recommendation :) he scored a cracker 5 minutes into his debut and I like everything about him !

We definitely should, you on PS4? I may have a gander and see if an IF Aspas lives up to the hype....

We definitely should, you on PS4? I may have a gander and see if an IF Aspas lives up to the hype....

Nah on XBox ! Aspas continued his good form last night !

Had 3 attempts left at qualifying last night. Twice went out in the second round, other attempt beaten in the final on penalties :(

There is another qualifying round using silvers coming up and i reckon thats my best chance to qualify as I did last time. You often come up against much poorer teams with bronze etc in them. Have a German and Russian silver to rotate.

Said I was going to make a real effort this month in FUT champions to get the 67 wins for 3 IF players at the end of the month.

Won my first game but I cannot be arsed with it. I counted how many times people backed out because of the FUT date thing. 9. Nine times I had to look for a game and when I did it was the standard Musa/Park the bus shítfest that I took great pleasure in breaking down and beating but I ain't going through the stress of that for the weekend.

Fifa Online has to be one of the most cowardly gaming communities out there right now.

Said I was going to make a real effort this month in FUT champions to get the 67 wins for 3 IF players at the end of the month.

Won my first game but I cannot be arsed with it. I counted how many times people backed out because of the FUT date thing. 9. Nine times I had to look for a game and when I did it was the standard Musa/Park the bus shítfest that I took great pleasure in breaking down and beating but I ain't going through the stress of that for the weekend.

Fifa Online has to be one of the most cowardly gaming communities out there right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Done with the Weekend League after my third game, awful gameplay. 4 goals conceded in one game, all to Niang, all rebounds or deflections. Same lad had Musa in CM, still set to striker.

New unknown signing for left wing I never heard of him Before.

Screenshot_20161111_164736.png

Lord TSC wrote: »
    New Marquee matches SBC up. Brazil/Argentina (five from each), Nigeria/Algeria (two from each), USA/Mexico (think three from each) and Wales/Serbia (1 of each).

Got nothing from mine but only had to spend about 7000 to finish them all.

This obsession with "Gold Only" though is driving me bonkers. Just going to start upgrading every bronze and silver I have up into golds....

I got very lucky because I didn't anticipate a national team MM - thankfully only needed to spend 2k to complete it and my reward in one of my packs was Mkhitaryan - didn't know what was happening when all the fireworks started and the Man Utd stamp-thing (thought I'd got an IF for a moment) but I'm very pleased - picked up Navas in another of the packs so I'm nicely loaded with RM's for my EPL team, especially when I think to the early days when Aaron Lennon had the role nailed down :D

Two new SBC up. A Beligan Pro League one and a Ligue 1 one which rewards a special Lacazette card.

Looks same as the MLS and the Portugese ones. Think you need full teams from each nation.

Yep it's 20 full squads from lig 1. I'd say the reward lacazete would be nice tho.

Sigh. It's only when I sit down to do one of them that I realise how few players I actually have :P

Just had a look the reward lacazete is 87 rating with 88 physical because there is a movember card too it looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've done bits and pieces of the Giovinco and Jonas SBCs but they're just too expensive, decided to just sell my Pro League and Ligue 1 players, had a couple sell for 5k+ and a good few for around 1k. I'd recommend just listing all yours for easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just had a look the reward lacazete is 87 rating with 88 physical because there is a movember card too it looks awesome.

is it worth it though...I have the gold 85 rated Lacazette and he's awesome which I bought for approx 60k,
    The movember version is around the 100k so really how much would it cost for a 87 rated version in coins to make that squad challenge. Its just another way for EA to get people to buy more packs I believe.

• Advertisement

Anyone used Andre hahn in a German league squad? I picked up his movember card for 14k he has 91 sprint speed, 85 Strenght And 95 Stamina

Advertisement