Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Take a look at @EASPORTSFIFA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/798903480706539520?s=09

Best team of the week yet in my opinion and that depay card makes me want to build a prem team again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I need to try to qualify for the weekend league again. I missed the weekend when I had free entry.

Back to the daily tournaments which I've found to be a complete pain. I only got 1 attempt last night before the time expired and lost the final. I don't have anything close to a full 11 from the same country for the new daily tournament.

I might just skip the weekend league, but then when you've a chance of monthly IF rewards in a month where Auba, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale, Salah, Depay, Lukaku, Eriksen all have IFs.....

Making Elite 3 this weekend could be huge...so many great TOTW players that you'd surely get 1 of them in 3 attempts. I've got slightly under 1.3 million coins sitting in the bank waiting for the Black Friday market crash, so I might just stuck to divisions this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

v3ttel wrote: »
    I need to try to qualify for the weekend league again. I missed the weekend when I had free entry.

Back to the daily tournaments which I've found to be a complete pain. I only got 1 attempt last night before the time expired and lost the final. I don't have anything close to a full 11 from the same country for the new daily tournament.

I might just skip the weekend league, but then when you've a chance of monthly IF rewards in a month where Auba, Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale, Salah, Depay, Lukaku, Eriksen all have IFs.....

Making Elite 3 this weekend could be huge...so many great TOTW players that you'd surely get 1 of them in 3 attempts. I've got slightly under 1.3 million coins sitting in the bank waiting for the Black Friday market crash, so I might just stuck to divisions this weekend.

Doesn't promotion to division 1 get qualification for the WL? That's probably a safer bet for qualifying. If you're in division 2-3.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Out of boredom/frustration, I've lost most interest in trading. So to kill some time, going to give the Bronze pack method a try.

Just involves buying 400 coin packs. Going to blow 10k on it, see how I get on. The method did me ok in previous years, though it's very, very slow. Like.... glacial. BUT this year there's two added bonuses.

1. Squad building challanges; MLS, Nos, Ligue 1 etc bronze players will sell for way more than they would have before.
    2. Being able to trade bronze players up into gold players.

Plus it helps with my pack addictions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

J. Marston wrote: »
    Doesn't promotion to division 1 get qualification for the WL? That's probably a safer bet for qualifying. If you're in division 2-3.
    I never knew that but on looking it up you are absolutely correct. Only criteria is that you must have played a complete season in the previous week and either have retained you Div 1 status or got promotion to D1.

Also a bit tired of trading myself so started last weekend building league squads. Started in Bundesliga working my way from Augsburg all the way to Wolfsburg. Found it very easy and interesting. Been buying silver and gold players and the odd bronze to cover every position in the different formations. Coming across the odd player who has a mad price for no good reason and selling them at good profit.

So I'm hoping if the next league to be done is the Bundesliga and they are giving away a special Aubameyang !!!

• Advertisement

You are probably right. I think I'm only in D4 (only played 6 seasons).

I was saving my assault on the higher divisions until I stopped hoarding coins and bought a good team. Not sure that is the wisest strategy now. With FUT Champs rewards, teams after Christmas are going to be totally ridiculous so if I'm going to try win D1 this year, I'll need to try sooner rather than later.

Is it 12 or 14 points to hold D1?

Berty44 wrote: »
    I never knew that but on looking it up you are absolutely correct. Only criteria is that you must have played a complete season in the previous week and either have retained you Div 1 status or got promotion to D1.

Also a bit tired of trading myself so started last weekend building league squads. Started in Bundesliga working my way from Augsburg all the way to Wolfsburg. Found it very easy and interesting. Been buying silver and gold players and the odd bronze to cover every position in the different formations. Coming across the odd player who has a mad price for no good reason and selling them at good profit.

So I'm hoping if the next league to be done is the Bundesliga and they are giving away a special Aubameyang !!!

So if I was already qualified this week, I couldn't wait until next week to finish the season I'm currently on (Division 2 with 19 points and a game to play) to get a cheap qualification?

Edit: 14 to hold Division 1, I've been in it twice and haven't managed it yet.

So if I was already qualified this week, I couldn't wait until next week to finish the season I'm currently on (Division 2 with 19 points and a game to play) to get a cheap qualification?
    If you are on the first online division of FUT Seasons, you are in the good way to be qualified to the weekend league. All you need to do is to play at least one season in the previous week.
    In other words, you will be qualified through the online FUT seasons if:
      You were promoted from division 2 to division 1;
      You hold on the division 1;
      You won the division 1 title.

If you meet any of these requirements, you are qualified. It doesn’t matter if, for example, you were relegated to the second division if before that you already won the division 1 title.

Reading that wording you cannot wait until next week, play your final game and qualify. Looks like you must have played a 10 game season to be eligible.

Edit: 14 to hold Division 1, I've been in it twice and haven't managed it yet.

14 could be difficult if I'm even able to get there in the first place. How does D1 compare in difficulty to the weekend league?

I see a lot of people that won D1 last year saying they are stuck in D2-D3 this year and have hit the wall. Feels like this year is more difficult than ever before, especially with super teams from all the special cards.

Damn, I was banking on that cheap qualification. Despite my pissyness towards the WL, I went back and got 24 wins.

So now I'm on 48 wins with two weeks to play and you need 67 to get the 3 in-forms and honestly, what I really want, that slick red kit.

This weekend's league has the stupid rules with minimum 3 leagues and minimum 4 clubs, I'm not used to hybrids and I can't seem to get a good team with a 100 chemistry so I'll probably end up with something 14 wins and then spend the last week trying and failing to hold/get promotion to division 1 and miss out on the rewards by 3 or 4 wins!

Edit: I found division 1 very similar to Weekend League. A lot of Musa, felt like I was playing him in every second game in that division. Lots of parking the bus and holding the ball in the corner too.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Damn, I was banking on that cheap qualification. Despite my pissyness towards the WL, I went back and got 24 wins.

So now I'm on 48 wins with two weeks to play and you need 67 to get the 3 in-forms and honestly, what I really want, that slick red kit.

This weekend's league has the stupid rules with minimum 3 leagues and minimum 4 clubs, I'm not used to hybrids and I can't seem to get a good team with a 100 chemistry so I'll probably end up with something 14 wins and then spend the last week trying and failing to hold/get promotion to division 1 and miss out on the rewards by 3 or 4 wins!

Edit: I found division 1 very similar to Weekend League. A lot of Musa, felt like I was playing him in every second game in that division. Lots of parking the bus and holding the ball in the corner too.

Just go for a Brazilian team :P

Just spotted IF Memphis.

*Drool*

Lord TSC wrote: »
      Just spotted IF Memphis.

*Drool*

I know.. I remember his if last year was a free kick monster.

jayo26 wrote: »
      I know.. I remember his if last year was a free kick monster.

The most success I've had this year was with him up front, alongside Martial and IF Arnautovic. So will defo be grabbing him. Plus he contributes towards my "All Special Man United Team!"

Though if you'd have told me that would start with Valencia, Fellaini and Memphis, I'd have laughed at you :P

(Actually, Pogba has one too, but thats a bit on the expensive side...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Think I'm done with trying that weekend league thing, I'm obviously not good enough - managed to get to the semi for the first time ever and got hammered 5-1 by an all Turkish team, I just couldn't seem to get any time on the ball, any time I got it one of his players was on me in an instant, if I tackled him one of his players was there to pick up the loose ball - I was a bit mesmerised and was 4-0 down by half time, in the last 30 minutes he literally tried to walk it into the net otherwise it would have been a lot worse - I should have known I was in trouble when Calhanoglu outpaced my two defenders for his first - ah well, twas nice while it lasted.

Think I'm done with trying that weekend league thing, I'm obviously not good enough - managed to get to the semi for the first time ever and got hammered 5-1 by an all Turkish team, I just couldn't seem to get any time on the ball, any time I got it one of his players was on me in an instant, if I tackled him one of his players was there to pick up the loose ball - I was a bit mesmerised and was 4-0 down by half time, in the last 30 minutes he literally tried to walk it into the net otherwise it would have been a lot worse - I should have known I was in trouble when Calhanoglu outpaced my two defenders for his first - ah well, twas nice while it lasted.

Not sure if this helps, but when you are under lots of pressure and lose the ball straight away whenever you try to attack and the opponent seems all over you, try just keeping the ball for 5-10 passes (I don't mean pass the ball around at the back, but just keep it simple with passes you know will make it). Even if you don't advance the ball very far or at all, it breaks the momentum. When you have the ball he can't score. If he's high pressing, switch the play to the opposite full back.

It helps me whenever I'm under lots of pressure and can't get out of my own half. My biggest problem is realising thats what I need to do and that I'm going to keep losing possession over and over unless I do something differently to take control of the game back.

Subs and formation changes also seem to work wonders to turn the tide of a game if you are losing and struggling to create much.

Rewards are out, including last month's monthly rewards.

Only played WL once last month but apparently that was enough to get the silver reward which is one silver TOTW player. Gogia, 71 rated Bundesliga division 2 right winger with 75 pace. Got Miranda and Hernandez in the weekly. Got Miranda last week too and I'm pretty sure I got Hernandez too.

Thanks, EA.....

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

came up against a team of mostly legends,only lost 3-1 but was enough to make me turn the console off after the game :pac:

Neuer
      Zanetti---Ferdinand---Desailly---Carlos
      Best---Matthaus---Viera---Giggs
      Laudrup---Sanchez

What kinda prices are the legends? Are some of them obtainable for the average trader or will it be only people that have crazy coinage and money spent?

Ha. Bronze pack method ain't great, but I just packed a 53 rated RB from Ligue 1 that someone has price fixed at 10k :D So that covers the costs of everything I've done so far.
      What kinda prices are the legends? Are some of them obtainable for the average trader or will it be only people that have crazy coinage and money spent?

Neville is the cheapest at just under 180k. Most go for between 200 and 500k. Pele is the most expensive at 5.5m. Like....last year, I slowed right down in trading past Xmas but I could have easily had a team with 5 or 6 weaker legends in it for round 1m coins. The fact they get chem links with any player makes them great for hybrids, but, at least last year with the "cheaper" ones, most weren't Godly players.

• Advertisement

Ha. Bronze pack method ain't great, but I just packed a 53 rated RB from Ligue 1 that someone has price fixed at 10k :D So that covers the costs of everything I've done so far.

Neville is the cheapest at just under 180k. Most go for between 200 and 500k. Pele is the most expensive at 5.5m. Like....last year, I slowed right down in trading past Xmas but I could have easily had a team with 5 or 6 weaker legends in it for round 1m coins. The fact they get chem links with any player makes them great for hybrids, but, at least last year with the "cheaper" ones, most weren't Godly players.

I wouldnt care what the ratings were I'd love to have a team with some of the older players and ass you said it would make for some cool hybrids.

In every ultimate team I've played its always been about pace and this year I can honestly say it's all about strenght in midfield.

I keep coming up against tika taka teams and players holding the ball up in midfield and the best combat for ive found is players like renato Sanchez and William carvlho or nzonzi its so easy hunt them down with stamina and break them up.

Think I'm done with trying that weekend league thing, I'm obviously not good enough -

I found earlier in the week when there were no restrictions on teams I could not get past the second round and seemed to be coming up against players that seemed to be just better than me.

However now that squads are restricted ( one nation ) and maybe because many good players have already qualified I am finding the games a lot easier and I mean a lot. I had 3 attempts last night, the first I was well beaten in the 2nd round by a better player, the second I was drawing the final 2nd half and was kicked off the EA Servers :mad: I'm pretty sure I would have won that game because I was the better player. In my third attempt I am in semi final which I will try tonight.

Great advice from v3ttel. I also find playing one-twos works. The only way really is though to play against it regularly and you will eventually become good at passing it around until the openings come.

So don't lose hope !

Motivational speech over.....

Last year I managed a whole squad of Legends by the summer, prices do fall as the year goes on but I was doing a lot more trading.

In every ultimate team I've played its always been about pace and this year I can honestly say it's all about strenght in midfield.

Pace is important but yeah. Fellaini is one of my favorite players this year simply cause its so much fun wrecking players with his physicality :P

Pace is important but yeah. Fellaini is one of my favorite players this year simply cause its so much fun wrecking players with his physicality :P

Haven't used him but similar I've loved inform nzonzi in midfield and Kante is excellent also. The holding the ball up is overpowered but when it's uses by a strong center forward and wide players running either side its devastating and fun it's just bolingboring when it's uses in midfield and defence con Stan.

My "I give up" moments never seem to last long :P

3 games this morning. Scream Fellaini. 3 MOTM awards. 3 goals. 4 assists. :D

I'm so, so tempted to move up to striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hoping for a Hazard POTM SBC and for the Marquee Matchups to have the Newcastle Jets vs Central Coast game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Am I a scumbag for using this formation ? Haha
      Any suggestions for improvement

15058566_1163091840395054_1441705091_n.jpg

14murphy wrote: »

Sorry we don't help scumbags around here :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

14murphy wrote: »

Just one suggestion, swap Martial with my star striker Benteke and you'll be unbeatable

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

So 5 at the back is the new thing now?
      Prefer to have 3 in the middle if possible.

Prem_FUT.jpg

Advertisement