Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Going to take a stab at starting the MLS challange. Already finished one team for 800 coins, and the silver pack I got had two players for other MLS teams. Looks like there's a lot of the teams you can win cards on 200 coin bids. Likely one or two price fixed but gives me something to do.
    There has to be be a German / Spanish / Italian SBC challange at some stage and probably for a big player that you will want. That's what I am hoping for. I have completed the German league ( except for Bayern ) and now working on the next league. Buying all silvers and golds using the Concept squads to figure out who is in my club and who is not. That way I never pay over the odds for players.

A major plus is that you come across price fixed players and can pick a few cheap ones to make some easy coinage. That way the cost of building a squad can be paid for in some profits ! Nice to find a non rare player you bought for 150 you can sell for 950, good profit. Also having 20-22 players for each squad all positions will be covered and I will have 10 players left over to sell off afterwards.......that's if it happens at all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can't beat the consumables trading never let me down for past 3 years only thing that beats me is motivation to buying and listing sane cards over and over I'll keep slogging away at it until January then I'll survive on what I've made.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like the IF Tom Heaton that I forgot I even had has trebled in value thanks to this SBC. Suppose I'll cash in since I'll do nothing else with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can't beat the consumables trading never let me down for past 3 years only thing that beats me is motivation to buying and listing sane cards over and over I'll keep slogging away at it until January then I'll survive on what I've made.

Yeaaaaah, thats something. I find it can be quite boring. But hey, it works, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bronze pack method actually worked for me this week. Bought one for 750, got a rare bronze from Pro League and sold straight away for 2k.

• Advertisement

Bronze pack method actually worked for me this week. Bought one for 750, got a rare bronze from Pro League and sold straight away for 2k.

Did a few over the last few days. Would say I spent about 15k, and made about 10k back. But I'm sitting on a good few MLS, NOS, Ligue 1 and Pro League Bronzes for the SBCs out of it too, plus I upgraded a tonne of the useless ones into some decent silvers too.

It sates the pack opening addiction too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So it looks like I can't complain about crappy packs for another two years or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So it looks like I can't complain about crappy packs for another two years or so....

Nice. I had DeBruyne this week from 7.5k packs, but one of my friends got a lot of good cards including if Sanchez in his first pack.

It is like a lotto really...

4-3-2-1 is such a prick of a formation. Allows everyone to sit back on park the bus except for the front 3 who just sit on the halfway line for the counter every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Make that another five years......

I'm not a religious man but I swear on everything I possess that I got IF Lukaku after completing the Milan derby MM, this was my reward from the pack I got for doing the Turkish MM, i.e., the next pack I opened....(I'm probably going to have a really ****e weekend now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Way to go HP !!

Make that another five years......

I'm not a religious man but I swear on everything I possess that I got IF Lukaku after completing the Milan derby MM, this was my reward from the pack I got for doing the Turkish MM, i.e., the next pack I opened....(I'm probably going to have a really ****e weekend now)

raw

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Had 4 benteke IF last week, but sold up for 65k due to expected market crash. Now he's extinct. Pray for me...

J. Marston wrote: »
    Only built one team for the WL. Gonna be spending a lot on squad fitness cards.

With Pato on his own up front, I don't have high hopes.

I take it back. He missed countless chances in the first game, but I still won. Replaced him with Bakambu for the second game, who was also crap and it dropped Lucas to 6 chem, and I lost.

Put Pato back in and now he has 11 goals in 14 games, a revelation (as far as me and strikers go anyway)!

I've played 15 and won 10. On course to clinch the gold monthly reward this week barring a major collapse.

Lads, if you're doing the French SBC, Lille is pretty cheap right now, due to people buying for Hazard and then not needing them. At the very least, you can get a Premium Gold Jumbo pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Is there a way to beat these auto bidders? I need either IF Carrasco or IF Benteke but as soon as one goes on sale it's bought.

Anyone got any ideas?

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Is there a way to beat these auto bidders? I need either IF Carrasco or IF Benteke but as soon as one goes on sale it's bought.

Anyone got any ideas?

Not even sure if its autobidders. You've got thousands of people hunting an extremely rare commodity. You're going to need incredible luck to get one :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not even sure if its autobidders. You've got thousands of people hunting an extremely rare commodity. You're going to need incredible luck to get one :/

Your probably right actually. Just presumed it was autobidders because it's the same thing as when I list a player pretty cheap.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Your probably right actually. Just presumed it was autobidders because it's the same thing as when I list a player pretty cheap.

Its literally people are using the 59 minute method to snipe players and consumables its how I trade most of the time.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its literally people are using the 59 minute method to snipe players and consumables its how I trade most of the time.

Any chance you could explain this so I have a better chance of getting one of these players please?

• Advertisement

Finished the MM today. Opened all packs and got Movember Henderson and Hahn...go for discard, but at least it's something! My pack luck seems to be a lot better this year compared to previous.

Knocked out two of the Ligue 1 and 4 MLS teams today.

I'm actually finding they are cost neutral a lot of the time, thanks to the pack rewards. The two Ligue 1 teams cost nothing as I had 6 players for Lille and Nice already. One tip I found...there tends to be a price fixed player on every team, but because the chem isn't 100, you can usually put in a player from the wrong position. There was one where the only RB was a stupid price but switching in a 400 coin RM finished it off as easily.

Not got anything massive in any of the packs, but have picked up a few players to use in other challenges, and a few consumables that will cover costs.

Just going to keep chipping away at them over the coming weeks, keeping costs right down on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Got Yaya Toure from the pack for the Milan derby SBC, happy with that. Need 2 centre backs and a right back to complete the Turkish one but they are stupid prices at the minute!

mutley18 wrote: »
    Got Yaya Toure from the pack for the Milan derby SBC, happy with that. Need 2 centre backs and a right back to complete the Turkish one but they are stupid prices at the minute!

I ended up paying 3k for the RB and 1.8k each for the CB. Coin reward and packing a Turkish league GK+CB made up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Got kante and a discard IF in the marquee match ups packs. Didn't even have to buy a player as well.

6 chem Lassana Diarra with his 52 shooting scoring a 30 yarder into the top corner.

Yeah, that's fair.

Anyone used in form gamiero? I'm thinking of giving him a go instead of going all out for Griezmann as his stats are actually just about on par with Lewandowski.

Reached the goal of gold monthly rewards with a week to spare.

Gonna try to reach Elite now but it's a very long shot, need 31 wins from 54 games.

Definitely won't be touching FUT Champions anymore after this though.

Absolutely done with FUT weekends after this week.

I hadn't played FIFA in a few weeks but put it on during the week to qualify, one attempt and in.

4 and 4 after 8 games and just lost to some lad with a Celtic team(he subbed in the upgraded Sterling card).

It's just a pure scripted joke of a mode.

My win ratio overall is 2:1 and in this mode its constantly 50%.... I don't want to hear anyone saying the standard is better as it's not hard to win a cup to qualify.
    I've been steamrolling people in Seasons the past while and have gone like a season and a half unbeaten.

Fed up of the bull in FUT weekends though. The first person I played today had a man sent off after 23mins, a CB, and he never plugged the hole and was 2-1 up after 60mins. I won 3-2 but somebody who leaves a big gap in CB should be getting 5/6 put past them... it's just typical of this mode tbh.

They can shove their rewards where the sun doesn't shine once I get to Silver 3.
    I haven't enjoyed one of the three weekends I've played this and I've just felt like turning the game off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Hi just recently started playing some Ultimate team. What is the best games to play in. Generally I just play the 10 game season mode to progress up and down divisions.
    Should I be entering tournaments or what's best to earn coins. Thanks

Advertisement