Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Why post up a big rant if you don't want people's opinions?

I dont play weekend leagues for the same reason I don't play draft games it because people do anything to win they go all defensive and use every trick in the book that they have learned off YouTube to win and it socks all the joy fr what should be a decent game mode.

The rewards for winning are so much greater then the rewards for loosing it just ruins it and it's something that needs to be balanced out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Absolutely done with FUT weekends after this week.

I hadn't played FIFA in a few weeks but put it on during the week to qualify, one attempt and in.

4 and 4 after 8 games and just lost to some lad with a Celtic team(he subbed in the upgraded Sterling card).

It's just a pure scripted joke of a mode.

My win ratio overall is 2:1 and in this mode its constantly 50%.... I don't want to hear anyone saying the standard is better as it's not hard to win a cup to qualify.
    I've been steamrolling people in Seasons the past while and have gone like a season and a half unbeaten.

Fed up of the bull in FUT weekends though. The first person I played today had a man sent off after 23mins, a CB, and he never plugged the hole and was 2-1 up after 60mins. I won 3-2 but somebody who leaves a big gap in CB should be getting 5/6 put past them... it's just typical of this mode tbh.

They can shove their rewards where the sun doesn't shine once I get to Silver 3.
    I haven't enjoyed one of the three weekends I've played this and I've just felt like turning the game off.

FUT champions is a luck based thing. Doesn't matter how good you are

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why post up a big rant if you don't want people's opinions?

I dont play weekend leagues for the same reason I don't play draft games it because people do anything to win they go all defensive and use every trick in the book that they have learned off YouTube to win and it socks all the joy fr what should be a decent game mode.

The rewards for winning are so much greater then the rewards for loosing it just ruins it and it's something that needs to be balanced out.

Why not ask that to 90% of the posters here?.... why ask that to me.

And I didn't ask not to be given opinions, I said I don't believe it's player ability related... that's trash tbh.
    Agree with it or not. I've played enough stupid games of this mode to know it doesn't play like a normal game.

A guy playing me for 65mins with a hole in his defence and only losing 3-2 is enough of an indication that this game mode doesn't play like the rest of the game, I don't care how good someone thinks they are, if they leave a gap there against me in a drop in game I'd stick a fair few past them.

Why not ask that to 90% of the posters here?.... why ask that to me.

And I didn't ask not to be given opinions, I said I don't believe it's player ability related... that's trash tbh.
    Agree with it or not. I've played enough stupid games of this mode to know it doesn't play like a normal game.

A guy playing me for 65mins with a hole in his defence and only losing 3-2 is enough of an indication that this game mode doesn't play like the rest of the game, I don't care how good someone thinks they are, if they leave a gap there against me in a drop in game I'd stick a fair few past them.

I asked that because you said in your post "and don't tell me its" so id take that as not wanting an opinion.

I also agree with you that ultimate team is totally different then the standard online seasons it's like chalk and cheese game play wise but I also believe it's mostly down to players not wanting to loose for the most part.

I myself have reached division 2 for first time this year and I'm trying to get promoted to div 1 I have won 5 games at one stage and had four games to go I lost the next 3 games and the last game I was winning until 80th minute and eventually lost it but i looked back and I could easily see the exploits that the opponent used in the last ten minutes and if you use stuff like that often enough it eventually comes off.

Just my opinion someone else posted a link here last year or the year before of a conversation online of a fifa help rep confirming that they use a form of team balancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got Gold 1 for the first time in the WL. 50k and two 100k packs!

I wanted to be done with it after this week but since I need 23 wins next week for 11 in-forms, I have to give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got Gold 1 for the first time in the WL. 50k and two 100k packs!

I wanted to be done with it after this week but since I need 23 wins next week for 11 in-forms, I have to give it a go.

Fair play on Gold 1. Hope you get the 11 IFs next week after it all.

I had a good first week this month, but then I was away last weekend and my other half is in hospital so I didn't get time to qualify for this weekend.

I'll try to make a run at the monthly rewards in December and hopefully a run at the D1 over the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really hate losing to totally imbalanced teams. 352 with Kovacic and Pato at CDM and yet I can't get past them, they win every tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Eoghan.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone used in form gamiero? I'm thinking of giving him a go instead of going all out for Griezmann as his stats are actually just about on par with Lewandowski.

Did you get Gamiero thinking of building this team but possibly buy Gamerio instead of griezman and inform nzonzi instead of my current nzonzi

Eoghan. wrote: »
    Did you get Gamiero thinking of building this team but possibly buy Gamerio instead of griezman and inform nzonzi instead of my current nzonzi

I did indeed I didn't find him as good as inform aspas to be honest but then I changed around my team and tried him as an attack midfielder behind ronaldo and neymar and he has been much better he gets a fair share of goals and has good passing.

Inform nzonzi is really good he has loads of strenght and great interceptions I really like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

When do you guys think the prices will be at their lowest this week?

Are ye buying or selling? The crash is about to happen soon I reckon

• Advertisement

wong wrote: »
    When do you guys think the prices will be at their lowest this week?

Are ye buying or selling? The crash is about to happen soon I reckon

Prices have already dropped about 30 percent on most players I have been tracking.

Its hard to say I remember last year the lowest price was at 6 o clock on black Friday but it could be totally different this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TOTW Ronaldo will see a big drop on Wednesday. I think people are already selling now in prep for everything.

Lads, anyone have recommendations for a midfield duo in a Calico A 4-4-2? I realised I've got IF Mandzukic, IF Belotti and IF Brozovic sitting in my club so wanted to give them a whirl. So building a team with them. But not sure who to put into the two CM spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    TOTW Ronaldo will see a big drop on Wednesday. I think people are already selling now in prep for everything.

Lads, anyone have recommendations for a midfield duo in a Calico A 4-4-2? I realised I've got IF Mandzukic, IF Belotti and IF Brozovic sitting in my club so wanted to give them a whirl. So building a team with them. But not sure who to put into the two CM spots.

Allan and Medel have been quality for me so far. They intercept early everything for me and Allan is decent going forward.

I absolutely love Parolo and Asamoah

Id imagine we will have sif ronaldo this week that will earn them a lot of money with black Friday also.

Qualifying for the Weekend League is such a drag, even with the current requirements of at least 4 nations and 4 leagues in your team people still just play prem teams. Lost in the semi final there to a guy with random bronzes in his prem team that he just subbed out for Walker and Lloris when the game started and a loan Aubameyang with no chem up front. Also conceded another screamer to 66 longshots, he only does everything, N'Golo Kante.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

What exactly is the criteria for qualifying for the weekend league??

****....accidentally bought some non rare gold CB for 10k...bin sniping on mobile app has created bad habits :P

EDIT: Just made up for it and packed Ribery from the SBC :D

I absolutely love free packs on Monday

Screenshot_20161119_170629.pngupload a gif

Knocked out in the semi final again, had a moment to score at 1-1, he decided to drop the ball to his feet as the keeper while I have my Cavani standing right in front of him. I get in position, press tackle, but instead of tackling he does that stupid forward stumble thing as if he's just been tripped up, keeper hoofs it up the pitch and they score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Does anyone know if there's a plan to have a moustache team at the end of the month - packed some american defender and the moustache Ryan card - they aren't much good to me but they aren't selling either, was thinking of discarding for the juicy money but just wondering if they will come in handy

Also, completed the Matuidi moustache thinking there were two rare gold packs as part of the prize, and not just a pack of two rare gold players - dumb dumb!

Does anyone know if there's a plan to have a moustache team at the end of the month - packed some american defender and the moustache Ryan card - they aren't much good to me but they aren't selling either, was thinking of discarding for the juicy money but just wondering if they will come in handy

Also, completed the Matuidi moustache thinking there were two rare gold packs as part of the prize, and not just a pack of two rare gold players - dumb dumb!

I also thought that, only reason I completed it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

For those "lesser players " and I am including myself in this, who struggle to qualify for the Weekend Champions League.......Wednesday / Thursday represents a good chance to qualify. Max silver I think. Only time I ever qualified was when this came up before and I had two cracking silver teams ( Russian / German ). Reason is often you will come up against lesser teams with bronze fillers etc. Heres hoping.....

Don't know if people know about this but FUT players should sign up FUT Champions club:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/compete/fut-champions-club

You get free monthly rewards including kits and loan players as long as you play 1 game during the offer month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wong wrote: »
    Don't know if people know about this but FUT players should sign up FUT Champions club:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/compete/fut-champions-club

You get free monthly rewards including kits and loan players as long as you play 1 game during the offer month.

Where does it say that, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: found it.
    Every month, all FUT Champions Club members are eligible to receive an in-game reward just for being a member of the Club and playing FUT Champions within EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17. Rewards will change from month to month, some examples of rewards include custom FUT kits and loan player items.

So all we get is kits most likely :) And ea spam, but sure, worth a shot anyway.

Damn, the red kit comes with that and not Fut Champions rewards. The Fut Champions gold kit reward is some Dortmund knock-off.

Signed up anyway.

Another semi final , another loss. I will qualify! :P

Cx3_ejrXUAIunB1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Damn, the red kit comes with that and not Fut Champions rewards. The Fut Champions gold kit reward is some Dortmund knock-off.

Signed up anyway.

I actually got the red kit in error last month - I logged into FUT on the ol PS4 and this acknowledgement thing flashed up..."as a valued member, blah, blah, blah you will get a special edition kit" (twas red) - I just assumed it was because I've been on FUT since 2014, never heard about the club thing till today

Around the end of the month (maybe beginning of this, I can't remember tbh) another message flashed up that I received the original message in error but they would give it to me anyways...strange one

This month's kit...

image.img.png

The state of that....

• Advertisement

This month's kit...

image.img.png

The state of that....

Mick Wallace says fuk you :):)

Advertisement