Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I actually used up all 8 attempts at qualifying for the Weekend League. Lost in the semi-final 6 times, not one team I played was an actually hybrid, just prem teams with 3 random players scattered in to meet the requirements. Back to Overwatch I go :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Such an idiot I traded a ton of my players thinking the squad builder meant I had Matuidi for good.
    Such a stupid mistake lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had to get two fillings today. Feeling bad, decided to treat myself to two cards I'll likely never get rid of; IF Memphis and Mkhitaryan. Lined up now as...
    Martial
    IF Memphis
    Mata
    Mkhitaryan
    Herrera----Scream Fellaini
    Shaw - Smalling - Bailly - IF Valencia
    Begovic

I can't justify 80k on a goalkeeper, even if it is DDG :P

Amazingly, it's taken me from struggling to stay in Div 5, to 10 points from 12 in Div 4. On a lovely winning streak now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Made 180k wasted it all on them stupid 35k packs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Has anyone else noticed players passing without your input? It's happened me a few times now where my player plays a pass when I definitely haven't pressed anything. Usually happens with a loose ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Had to get two fillings today. Feeling bad, decided to treat myself to two cards I'll likely never get rid of; IF Memphis and Mkhitaryan. Lined up now as...
    Martial
    IF Memphis
    Mata
    Mkhitaryan
    Begovic

Amazingly, it's taken me from struggling to stay in Div 5, to 10 points from 12 in Div 4. On a lovely winning streak now.

I bought if depay too even tho I have no team to fit him into but I'm using him as a sub in for cam he is very good loads of strength and them free kicks.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed players passing without your input? It's happened me a few times now where my player plays a pass when I definitely haven't pressed anything. Usually happens with a loose ball.

I have noticed the CPU beating me out on corners. Like, I will hit the perfect cross in, ball flying towards my controlled player perfectly...and then another player flies with a header that goes miles wide :(
    jayo26 wrote: »
    I bought if depay too even tho I have no team to fit him into but I'm using him as a sub in for cam he is very good loads of strength and them free kicks.

The frees are amazing. Scored two this evening that were beauties. Love his dribbling as well. Just a great all rounder.

Noticed it twice over the weekend alright.

Also I think the new patch has reversed the heading problem back to an issue.

I had 4 games today and it happened at least twice where my players chested it down and in typical FIFA fashion the second was on my goal line, under a dropping ball, with myself getting a clear first play on the ball.
    Naturally my player refuses to clear it and your man bundles it in... game over.

I might actually give PES a lash this year, I enjoyed the last few demos but just didn't splash out on the final product.

Two 100k packs as rewards.

First pack - Movember Gomis. People have him up for discard price and can't move him. Highest rated normal player was John Terry.

Second pack - Highest rated player was Schweinsteiger.

If I had bought them, I'd struggle to make 20k back from 200k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Tried to qualify with silvers last night. Two attempts, first beaten by a better player in the first round. The second attempt I got to the final but was beaten 1-0 after extra time, again he was a better player. No time to try again tonight but I do think that the silvers is a good way for us lesser players to try and qualify as normally I can never get past second round.

Had a couple of laughs with things going my way. First one losing to a guy where I had 60% possession and 12 shots to his one, a breakaway goal. Game disconnected in 85th minute and I did not get the loss :)

Even better, the next match I played, another guy who I was again better than, he got two early goals but I pulled one back before half time. He was a speed merchant high pressure running in to me all over. My equalizer was where my attacker lost the ball near the edge of his box, his keeper came out to collect it and collided with his CB and RB, all 3 fall to the ground and my attacker was able to walk the ball into the net. I went ahead in ET and he rage quit :)

• Advertisement

Marquee Matchups

Chelsea v Spurs- 1 Chelsea player, 1 Spurs player, Gold, 55 Chem
    REWARD- 1500 coins, 1 Two Rare Gold Players Pack

Heerenveen v Ajax Amsterdam- 1 SC Heerenveen player, 1 Ajax player, 75 rated, 75 Chem
    REWARD- 1 Gold Players Pack

Toronto FC vs Impact Montreal- 1 Toronto player, 1 Impact player, 11 MLS players, 11 clubs, 80 chem
    REWARD- 1000 coins, 1 Silver Players Pack

Racing Club v Independiente- 1 Racing player, 1 Independiente player, 11 Argentina players, 77 rating, 90 chem
    REWARD- 1 Gold Players Pack
    OVERALL REWARD- 1 Jumbo Premium Gold Pack

MLS one will hurt. Prices were already high due to the "One of every team" SBC, and I was trying to work through it.

Packed Varane and El Shaarawy from the others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Marquee Matchups

Chelsea v Spurs- 1 Chelsea player, 1 Spurs player, Gold, 55 Chem
    REWARD- 1500 coins, 1 Two Rare Gold Players Pack

The rewards from this one are a bit cuck, I suppose it explains the 55 chem though

I think the game is telling me to be a horrible person. First I get Rashford in an untradeable pack, and now Walker.

I think the game is telling me to be a horrible person. First I get Rashford in an untradeable pack, and now Walker.

4-3-2-1 Musa, Walcott, Martial.

Give yourself to the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished the SBC...was more expensive than I thought (25-30k from BINs). Got Pogba...'s brother :( nothing else noteworthy. Silver + Bronze MLS also seem to be going for a decent price.

Also finished the complete SBC. Only needed to buy an Argentina RM, a MLS GK and a Spursand Chelsea player so cost about 5k. Got nothing of note in packs. I do have a few MLS players and Argentina midfielders in my club who will now sell so I will make back about 7/8 k so profitable SBC.

Apparently there is going to be 200k packs for Black Friday according to some forums/Reddit.

Apparently there is going to be 200k packs for Black Friday according to some forums/Reddit.

That would be interesting...huge crash for the market if so I reckon

Made a silver team to try qualify for the Weekend League again, semi-final, knocked out of course. Silvers in this game actually play like my controller is broken, the button delay is ridiculous, three or four touches before they make the pass you pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Got Bellerin and Naldo in my gold 3 weekend league rewards, not as good as last week. 13 wins next week and I have 3 IFs in the bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

i keep getting to the 2nd game in FUT champions and then getting disconnected half way through,only happens in this game mode,fit to punch walls every time it happens

Martial
    IF Memphis
    Mata
    Mkhitaryan
    Begovic

Team got me through Div 3 with a 6W 2D 1L record. Can't believe the run I'm having. Even the three bad results were just scrappy 1-0 and 1-1 results. But winning most games 2-0 or 3-0.

IF Memphis is just such a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Where's the best place gonna be to keep up to date with packs being released tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

14murphy wrote: »
    Where's the best place gonna be to keep up to date with packs being released tomorrow.

The ea Twitter account or fifa Reddit forum. It's probably guna be around 6 tomorrow

The ea Twitter account or fifa Reddit forum. It's probably guna be around 6 tomorrow

2pm according to their twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

2pm according to their twitter!

Close enough :p

Qualified for the weekend with my silvers again. It's the way to go for the lesser player:)

I swear, I try not to subscribe to the whole "momentum" theory.

Had a game there doing a draft. Half time, it's 0-0, but I've had 12 shots, 12 on target. He's had no shots at all. Not panicking. I'm all over him. So second half starts, I score.

And thats the end of my domination. He puts three past me in quick succession, as my players just stop moving. Even putting them on ultra-attacking, they just clutter into my own box. Passes, if I can get them off, go nowhere. Vardy and Aubaymyang just move like rocks.

:(

Anyway, got my first ever draft token for losing, so at least I get a second crack...

One final WL (that I take seriously, I may play a handful of games to get a few K and a pack in the future).

I've gone 24-24-26 this month and I need 23 wins to get 11 in-forms. Time to bottle this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Is there a list anywhere of the monthly rewards and what's required to achieve them?

Advertisement