Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Afaik, yes. The OTWs are meant to match the highest version of the card available I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Very frustrating game....! (apologies for the spelling in advance!)

Have a great run of wins and get up to Division 4 then......right back down to Division 6.

Got IF Toure which I was very happy about from the Tradeable TOTW pack so have him in the following team in a 4-1-2-1-2

Costa Batshuayi(OTW)
    Silva (CAM)
    Martial (LM) - Sane (RM)
    Toure (IF)
    Monreal- Koscinely-Mustafi-Bellerin
    Begovic

I've got Pedro, Sane (OTW), Azipucuetla and Erikson on the bench

Feel I'm missing firepower upfront. Should I just get Musa even though I hate going down that route????

Also was there a post about putting several 82 rated players into the TOTW and getting the pack

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Apparently the following formulas work, though I haven't personally tried them.

2 84s, 8 83s and an 80 are enough to get 84 rating.

or an 85, no 84s, 9 83s and an 80

Thats for the untradeable btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

The one with 84s 83s and 80s works. I did that one on Saturday and it gave an 84 squad..no idea how that works tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sweet... I pulled a tradeable Harry Kane so will use the funds to do the untradeable one.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Apparently the following formulas work, though I haven't personally tried them.

2 84s, 8 83s and an 80 are enough to get 84 rating.

or an 85, no 84s, 9 83s and an 80

Thats for the untradeable btw.

The logic in this building is so flawed.

I'd a number of 84 players that are cheaper to use than to buy alternatives.

I checked with like 4/5 84s, a flurry of 83s and an 82 and it came up as 83.

Then I tried with all the above but an 81 striker instead of the 80 and it stayed at 83.... apparently an 80 player instead of an 81 is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Sold up Ronaldo know to set out to build a team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

gotthebug wrote: »
    Sold up Ronaldo know to set out to build a team

Wow he is going for over 5mil on pc.

That coin total looks delish. I'd personally build a relatively cheap team until TOTY and then splash the cash.

That coin total looks delish. I'd personally build a relatively cheap team until TOTY and then splash the cash.

I donno how it's gonna work on consoles but I don't think prices are going to drop that much. You may bet ea will have more sbc challenges and by the way they are going there is going to be a reasonable shortage of inform players ect cone the final months of the season because people are trading them for challenges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Adam1100 wrote: »
    There is a cheapish way to do the TOTW SBC by the way. You need 1 80 rated, 8 83 rated and 2 84 rated. Not sure why it works but it does.

This sums up FIFA in a nutshell.

I have 3 x 84 rated and 8 x 84 rated. Overall rating is 83.

If I swap out an 84 rated player for an 80 rated player, my squad rating increases to 84.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Bought a 100k pack best card in was a fcuking bronze movember card.

I have no words

jayo26 wrote: »
    I donno how it's gonna work on consoles but I don't think prices are going to drop that much. You may bet ea will have more sbc challenges and by the way they are going there is going to be a reasonable shortage of inform players ect cone the final months of the season because people are trading them for challenges.

Actually that's true. Even with Black Friday+Cyber Monday, prices haven't dropped that much, if at all. Well, that's blown my chances at getting Griezmann+Modric..unless I can get 140k together :D

btw that rare gold pack from the flash SBC is solid. Cost me 5k to complete, got Reina and Brahimi(84+83 rated) and each go for 5k!

Prices are going up from the looks of it. I was looking at pogba and if depay for my team and decided I'd wait till the crash. Depay 35k dearer then than last week and pogba is up 50k. Ps4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Blazer wrote: »
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, please expand.

I'm working towards SBC Lacazette and want to keep using Martial up front too, so would be tempted by Ben Arfa in behind him. Heard good things about him.

I'm using a 4-3-3 v4 with Ben Arfa as Cam.
    I have Ribery on the LW as well as Martial for backup. Both have their advantages..Ribery has better skill and control while Martial has speed and dribbling.
    I keep checking PSG's results every week in the hope both of my cards get an IF. I know they will match IF ratings but if Ben Arfa got a POTY would it also match that?

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2680789/

I have a french/ligue 1 team

Ter Stegen, Coman, Varane, Uminiti, Aurier, Pastore, Ben Arfa, Payet, Martial, Lacazette, Di Maria.
    Veratti, Plea, Growcski and Lucas main subs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So got a tradeable Kane, sold for 47k and got untradeabke Defoe in next one.
    Just got walkout pepe so praying for untradeable Ronald I :)

Defoe, pricks

Prices are going up from the looks of it. I was looking at pogba and if depay for my team and decided I'd wait till the crash. Depay 35k dearer then than last week and pogba is up 50k. Ps4

IFs are rising as well. Lots of people on the FIFA forums invested in Sokratis @ 50k yesterday. Lowest now is 68k. Predicting he'll rise to at least 80-90k.

Anybody know how to get an 84 rated team to include 2 x 81 rated players?

I have two sh*t TOTW players to trade in and I want to get a tradeable TOTW player.

v3ttel wrote: »

I have two sh*t TOTW players to trade in and I want to get a tradeable TOTW player.

I bought Aguero earlier today for 520k he is no going for 630 on pc madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did the tradeable TOTW SBC and got Kameni.

Safe to say that's me done with SBC's for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

J. Marston wrote: »
    Did the tradeable TOTW SBC and got Kameni.

Safe to say that's me done with SBC's for the year.

Ive given up on them aswell.

I got the sh!te serbian CB with 64 pace and Suso. They're worthless as they are untradeable and I'll never use them.

I'm going to take my chances to trade them in for a tradeable TOTW player as long as it doesn't cost me another 20K to do so.

Got Suso in my untradeable... I guess I should be thankful I didnt get a silver... :-/.

Also did a few rounds of the Premier League guarantee.
    Typical junk really; Carrick, Clichy, Gibbs, Sane, Son.
    At least in that I got a fair few squad fitness cards and a Hunter.

Had one go at the guaranteed 82+... Perin the goalie.
    I reckon in the limited pack openings I have I've had him three times now.
    v3ttel wrote: »

Do the above.

As I said I had a few 84s, some 83s and an 82 and it came up as 83. The average of my 11 was far higher than thethe previously mentioned 84x2, 83s and 80x1.

Do the above.

As I said I had a few 84s, some 83s and an 82 and it came up as 83. The average of my 11 was far higher than thethe previously mentioned 84x2, 83s and 80x1.

I've tried to stick to the above as closely as possible, but it doesn't work with 2 x 82 IFs. In the original, even if I change the 80 to an 84, the overall rating drops to 83.

If I stick in 2 x 81s instead of an 80 and an 83, it gives me 82 or 83 (definitely not 84).

The corners and crossing are absolute pants.

Funny thing is I found both good at launch, it's like they were sneakily patched.

Crossing since about week 2 is like 16... if you get anywhere near the end line it goes into the keepers hands 99% of the time... It's ridiculous as keepers are seldom catching crosses never mind catching the majority.
    The premise of crossing as well is that getting to the end line gives you a better angle whereas the closer to the byline in 16/17 is a worse cross.

Corners as well are back to 16, those seldom times you manage to head it the keeper can gather it to chest.
    Its obviously handy on defence knowing you'll likely not concede but I don't get the reasoning for nullifying both aspects, makes the game one dimesional.

Actually you're more likely to concede from a corner if the ball gets up the other end quickly... cant understand why we cant customise the set up.. it was possible years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

3 more semi finals lost today, I'll never qualify again. Last game I just played there, hit the post in a 1v1 to miss out on going 2-0, my opponent then scores in the 90th minute and then the 118th minute of ET to win.

Just played an absolute pathetic excuse of a person.

He had a LOADED team; POTM Sterling and Hazard, Aguero, IF Kante, IF Pogba, some special Payet, IF Bailly, De Gea etc.

I've got my second team, Seria A with house hold names like Eder, De Rossi, Insigne, even 38 paced Totti.

I'm dominating him, I get down the side of the box and fake shot back, penalty.
    He pulls the plug and it finishes 0-0.

They really need to change that, why can someone pull the plug and get away with it.

I called him what he was in a nice way through chat and, ironically he writes back.... "It's only a game".

Shame he can't take his own advice the sap. Luckily I'm not pressed for points and just need 3 from 4 for promotion but that's a needless troll function for people who don't need coins.

Actually just on Totti, he's pretty special pace aside.
    91 vision, great control.
    His through balls are always on point.
    Only got him as I used a few of my 83 Seria A in the IF SBC yesterday and wanted filler until their prices drop again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Read that people are price-fixing Chapecoense kits and badges.

Grim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Got Suso in my untradeable... I guess I should be thankful I didnt get a silver... :-/.

Also did a few rounds of the Premier League guarantee.
    Typical junk really; Carrick, Clichy, Gibbs, Sane, Son.
    At least in that I got a fair few squad fitness cards and a Hunter.

Had one go at the guaranteed 82+... Perin the goalie.
    I reckon in the limited pack openings I have I've had him three times now.

Do the above.

You get Perin, I get Mandzukic. Get him every one in three

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Read that people are price-fixing Chapecoense kits and badges.

Grim.

Not Surprised. They Did It Last Year A player died. Cant Remember The name. Think He Played In The German League.

Advertisement