Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I did the IF trading for a while but it wasn't great for me this year.

But then the arse has falled out of most of the trading methods I've been using so far (or at least the ones I have patience to be using...).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IF Depay has doubled in price since I last checked. Pinning all my hopes on getting him now in the monthly reward pack.

While Sigurdsson has jumped 10k since yesterday. I thought the price would drop with more people packing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

POTM is also announced next week, I think. IF Defoe is already jumping cos of it...could be the reason for Siggy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Got bored and went to Ligue 1 SBC ago start them..started with Stade Rennais as I had half the team from packs. Finished it off, opened the pack and got IF Lopez :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I am loving these SBC. Built a Swiss league one a while back cost about 3,500. Just completed the SBC and sold the 10 left over players for 25k. That was a great 15 minutes !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Got lacazette in my gold 3 rewards, not too bad at all. Earned over 100k from last weekend league, can't complain. Picked up several IF Werners last night from 30-40k, sold them all for about 55k today. Easy money.

Anyone wanna give me a suggestion to improve my team, ahead of my first weekend league? Specifically on the CAM front?

It's...
    Lloris
    IF Valencia - Smalling - Bailly - Azpelucetta
    Scream Fellaini - Kante
    Mata
    IF Shaquiri - Martial - IF Memphis

CAM seems to easiest place to spot that can improve. Just not sure who to invest in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

How much have you got to spend pal? Ya ya is the best cam I've used in premierleague. I am trying out if sig now he aint so bad either.

I theory, I've got about 500k, but I rarely like spending it all.

It's either IF Eriksen or If Yaya. One is half the price of the other, but Yaya's strenght and long shots look interesting. And the midfield would be ****ing physical with Kante and Fel behind him...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I theory, I've got about 500k, but I rarely like spending it all.

It's either IF Eriksen or If Yaya. One is half the price of the other, but Yaya's strenght and long shots look interesting. And the midfield would be ****ing physical with Kante and Fel behind him...

You will not regret ya ya in my opinion. By the way what formation u use?

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    You will not regret ya ya in my opinion. By the way what formation u use?

4-3-3s of various shapes. Have managed to get me into a position where I can trounce most in Div 3 but then get trounced in Div 2.

Bought Yaya after reading over his stuff. Hopefully he won't drop too much in the coming days.

Not sure if I want a CDM and 2 CMs, or 2 CMs and a CAM.

EDIT: This is what I'm thinking right now...

zVYlnBw.gif

Screenshot_20161201_215324.png20mb image hosting

Thats my premier team at moment I keep changing formation again trying different things but relegated to div 4 now from div 2..

I'm not impressed wit Sergio he feels so weak and slow for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Sergio was crap for me too. Went back to Benteke. For a cam ltc use eriksen or even lalanna I've surprised by him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I did the marquee matchup SBCs and got Cech. My highest rated card that I've ever packed in FUT and he goes for 28K. Happy with that though.

Qualified for the weekend league. 4-2-3-1 wide is such a good formation, but I wonder how similarly the narrow 4-2-3-1 version plays. A front 4 with these lads would be unbelievable the formation plays the same way.

Griezmann - Pogba - IF Sanchez
    Martial

I can't really find two proper wide players that I want to use in the BPL (or to work in another player of some description). 1.4 million to work with. Not sure I want to go into the weekend league with a formation I've never used before though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Why so much love for normal Kante, I've considered adding him, mine is mainly French but Pastore or Verrati seem better value. Sold Martial too today.
    Gone with

Payet, Lacazette, Di Maria

Ben Arfa, Pastore, Moutinho

Kurwaza, Varane, Umiti, Aurier

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The amount of absolutely awful players I've been coming up against with expensive teams is crazy. Lost a game 2-1 today that I dominated, opponent only had 2 shots. I was using an MLS team and he had POTM Hazard, IF Yaya, IF Kante, De Gea, the usual prem defence and then he subbed on Bale, Modric and Lacazette as soon as the game started. Both his goals were long shots from Bale and Hazard.

Edit: Made it to the final of the qualifiers, another prem team of course. I didn't touch the ball for the first 30 minutes, then again neither did the grass on my half of the pitch. Opponent just passed it between CBs for the whole half, every now and then playing it out to the wing and then booting it back to his keeper. Ended the half with 95% possession. Second half I kick off so at least I have possession, I manage to win the ball back more and get a good few chances but Cech saves them all, 88th minute he plays a long ball to Depay, plays in Luke Shaw and scores with his only shot.

brady23 wrote: »
    Why so much love for normal Kante, I've considered adding him, mine is mainly French but Pastore or Verrati seem better value. Sold Martial too today.
    Gone with

Payet, Lacazette, Di Maria

Ben Arfa, Pastore, Moutinho

Kurwaza, Varane, Umiti, Aurier

My live for Kante is because of his stamina and tackles for breaking up play. He is a super player for breaking up teams that shield the ball or play boring passing football same with nzonzi and matic too.

6 games down in the Weekend league. 2 wins.

Not expecting **** all, and only been trounced in one game so happy enough chugging along.

Yaya is grand, but I don't know if he's 350k grand yet.

Not expecting **** all, and only been trounced in one game so happy enough chugging along.

Yaya is grand, but I don't know if he's 350k grand yet.

His standard card would of been better value maybe as his stats are already insane

I will be very interested to see if you can get a chance to get on Sunday nigt and how your record compares with now to see if my theory from above bears out.

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    I will be very interested to see if you can get a chance to get on Sunday nigt and how your record compares with now to see if my theory from above bears out.

That its impossible to win on Sunday nights. I can back that theory :pac:

That its impossible to win on Sunday nights. I can back that theory :pac:

My theory is that you are playing your own level. So early Friday virtually everybody is starting out so they will be in the Bronze categories. Lord TSC mentioned that he would not get a chance to play over the weekend. So with 2 wins so far he would still be Bronze and so if he plays Sunday night he should be coming up against players who are also that category but will probably have played lots of unsuccessful games so I would think he should have great success then.

On the other hand if you are playing your thirty something game on Sunday night and are already Gold you should be playing similar Golds and every game would be difficult.

6 wins in 16 seems to be my lot for today. Not sure what I'll get done beyond that, but sure, 7.5k coins and a premium gold players pack is nothing to turn the nose up at.

Berty44 wrote: »
    My theory is that you are playing your own level. So early Friday virtually everybody is starting out so they will be in the Bronze categories. Lord TSC mentioned that he would not get a chance to play over the weekend. So with 2 wins so far he would still be Bronze and so if he plays Sunday night he should be coming up against players who are also that category but will probably have played lots of unsuccessful games so I would think he should have great success then.

On the other hand if you are playing your thirty something game on Sunday night and are already Gold you should be playing similar Golds and every game would be difficult.

When you put that way you could be right. I definitely find games a bit easier in the bronze side of the scale but looking back now once I hit high sliver games got harder. Be interesting to know if you being matched by same bracket your in or not

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Reddit, never get too cocky...

https://streamable.com/cmqi

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw this on Reddit, never get too cocky...

https://streamable.com/cmqi

Hahaha that is fantastic and then as if it wasn't bad enough he dabbed to make sure the salt was well in the wound.

I love playing Cockey players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Finished my MLS challenge to get Giovinco. Now starting on Ligue 1 which is turning out much more affordable. Gio ended up costing me around 300k maybe more :pac:.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Sorry lads what is the best time of the week to buy an IF from the current team of the week? I want that Gylfi.

mutley18 wrote: »
    Sorry lads what is the best time of the week to buy an IF from the current team of the week? I want that Gylfi.

My experience would be between Monday and Tuesday evening. Prices tend to go down as people sell their weekend teams up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

mutley18 wrote: »

Sunday night when people selling weekend league teams or possibly Monday if they release big packs.

Advertisement