Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

mutley18 wrote: »
    Sorry lads what is the best time of the week to buy an IF from the current team of the week? I want that Gylfi.

Its unreal hard to predict because of ea and the sbc but usually Monday or Tuesday for me. I bought gylfi on Wednesday for 20k and his price went up to 40k and back down to 30k but id say it will go back down further.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought him for 50k yesterday on PS4. Saw him for 40k a few hours after release and thought he would drop with more people packing him but he jumped so I bought him in case it kept rising.

I'm shíte at FUT economics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its unreal hard to predict because of ea and the sbc but usually Monday or Tuesday for me. I bought gylfi on Wednesday for 20k and his price went up to 40k and back down to 30k but id say it will go back down further.

Is he that "cheap"? How's he playing?

EDIT: 58k on Xbox :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Is he that "cheap"? How's he playing?

EDIT: 58k on Xbox :(

20161202_215434.jpg20mb image hosting

I thought I'd like him but I actually don't im gonna sell him I bought in form firmino to put in there instead I sold Sergio aswell and went with martial and inform memphis up front.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Got Muller and Sergio Roberto from 5k into lyon squad :D
    Happy Happy Happy :D:D

• Advertisement

Walked to D2 then got cheesed for a draw when 2-1-0 and it set forth a motion that ended 2-2-5.

I said to myself if I didn't get to 12 points I'd quick sell and finish and it happened so I sold all my players :-D.

Honestly can't be bothered playing games where my defenders keep turning into Casper and becoming transparent while I have 15 corners a game and score 1:100 of them.

Its not sour grapes, I leave with 109-1-54, which is above average, but Im sick of these repetitive games of UT which is compounded by the fact that corners and crossing is such a waste of time.

Back to seasons I go, least its a fair mode. :-D

Enjoy the rest of the year to the rest of ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Decided to buy Kante after, I have to say I'm more impressed by him than Ben Arfa, links up well with Payet, ideally I'd like to get CAM Payet and get Martial or Ribery back at LW but happy enough for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Anyone else still getting the Jersey bug where you select the jersey you want but it ends up being your other jersey in the match?

It's happened me a few teams but I reckon it just cost me a match in the weekend league. Both of us ended up with exact same jersey 😩.

Was on a nice run too where I was 6 wins from 7. Currently on 8 wins in 11. Got gold 2 last week but want to try get elite this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I get the jersey glitch, I find changing to n fro the desired jersey a few times stops it. Home, away, home, away then choose.

Up to Division 9 now, well chuffed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Up to div.4 as well today. Used the draft token and won 2 then got cheesed in the 3rd game...lost on pens cos somehow Ronaldo, IF Robben and Lukaku blew their pens well wide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does anyone have any tips for pens? I take the majority of my losses on FUT champions on pens. I think I've won one out of ten that have gone that far.

I bought Pogba, IF Depay and Willian for my FUT champions team. They've made a massive difference over Lanzini, Depay and Sane. I might swap IF Depay for IF Bolasie just for the 5 star skills and stronger weak foot. I could put the 50K difference to a second team that I could play seasons with.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips for pens? I take the majority of my losses on FUT champions on pens. I think I've won one out of ten that have gone that far.

Keep them low, as close to the ground as possible. Don't put them right in the corner either, about halfway between the centre of the goal and the post seems to be a spot where even if the keeper dives correctly, it'll go under his arm 9 times out 10.

I really don't know how folk deal with playing regularly and deal with the scripting. Played a bit tonight, was flying, got to a game that I needed a win for the divisional title and all goes to **** lol. I do the same routine at kick off and in this ll game my guys forget how to pass from the kick off..... I do the same routine every kick off and only this one time my guys pass it silly. Later, from my corner, he hoofs it long to my CB Vertonghen and he, with no one near, has a brain fart and slices his header straight to an opponent lol.

Jeez I don't think I could deal with that **** in a regular basis. They are only two of many 'balls ups' that I member, I was never for winning that game lol

Member PES4? I member

v3ttel wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips for pens? .

Don't push any button until you have aimed, or else you'll do a silly grasscutter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm sick of that Chap something or other jersey.
    Every bloody team I've played who's been wearing it has beaten it even they were worse by far. The only game out of 8 I won was when I won the bloody shirt. Probably a mind thing.

Kal El wrote: »
    Got Muller and Sergio Roberto from 5k into lyon squad :D
    Happy Happy Happy :D:D

The packs are nearly more of an incentive to do the SBC than the special card :P I'd say most of the ones I've done, I've made my money back on.
    Anyone else still getting the Jersey bug where you select the jersey you want but it ends up being your other jersey in the match?

Go by the jersey your player is wearing, not what it says in the center of the screen. Afaik, it's always the ones the players are wearing on the selection screen.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Keep them low, as close to the ground as possible. Don't put them right in the corner either, about halfway between the centre of the goal and the post seems to be a spot where even if the keeper dives correctly, it'll go under his arm 9 times out 10.

pah hold down L1 and enjoy the show :pac:
    Is it going to bounce left of the post, is it going to go in, did i forget to press square again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So I had been hoarding some duplicates that weren't selling, swapped up two gold teams - got Otamendi and Vardy in the first and Dani Alves and some Colombian league player - I know I can't sell them but Ota and Vardy slot straight into my team so I'm a happy bunny today

Made it up to Div 7 today and managed scrape a 1-0 in the first game - I seem to be hopeless at qualifying for the WL so I'm gonna try it the hard way, current team in 4-1-2-1-2 is:

Karius

Clichy--Otamendi--Williams/Mustafi--Sagna

Matic

Pedro
    Mikhtarayan

Oscar

IF Lukaku
    Vardy

I knpw Clichy and Sagna aren't the best but they are the best I have in those positions

6 wins in 18 in the weekend league. if not for the fact I won my last game, I'd have given up. It's miserable, cause I just feel like I suck.

6 wins in 18 in the weekend league. if not for the fact I won my last game, I'd have given up. It's miserable, cause I just feel like I suck.

It's only a game lad, keep 'er lit!

• Advertisement

Keep tipping away. 12 wins out 22 isn't beyond the realms of possibility. Like United, just need to go on a run.

Glad to be done with the WL personally. Sold all my players and going to build a team around whatever I get from the monthly rewards.

Ronaldo, Neymar, Bale, Aguero, Sanchez and Aubameyang all got IF's in November so I'm praying for one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Currently 14 and 9 in the weekend league. Best so far I think. Hopefully can get at least 21 so I can compete for elite monthly, however I won't have time to play all 40.

Just played a guy there that passed the ball around at the back for the entire game. He had zero shots at goal and 90% possession. I had to change formation and went high pressure to try get the ball.

Finally got it in the 119 minute...I hit a long shot with Rooney from 25 yards, it deflects off his defenders outstretched leg while his keeper dives the wrong way and flies into the top corner.

Hello instant karma :D:D:D

I was wrong about the Ligue 1 challenge being cheaper, it most definitely isnt. Toulouse dont have defenders on the market for me to be overcharged with. I spent 100k on a team yesterday :mad:.

I'm really sick of this. That's now 5 disconnects today from the EA server today. How are you suppose to get any sort of decent rank with this BS.

One game didn't even start and I got a loss for it. I'm 1-7 for the day. I only needed 4 wins out of 17 to get Gold 3, and now I'm struggling to get it through a mix of disconnects, bad luck and great opponents. Not even confident I can get 3 wins out 10 the way things are going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Kal El wrote: »
    I was wrong about the Ligue 1 challenge being cheaper, it most definitely isnt. Toulouse dont have defenders on the market for me to be overcharged with. I spent 100k on a team yesterday :mad:.
    I did a few, if the team are predominantly gold then no problem, silver you are screwed so I did about 5 teams.

I have however completed Seria A and Bundesliga, except for Juventus and Bayern expensive players and the odd expensive player here and there. Hardly cost me 100k the lot and I have 20+ players per squad. Found a load of players along the way with silly prices I have been buying cheap and selling high ( but lower that the price fixers. ) One Italian silver I must have bought for 150 and sold for 1700+ \•about 50 times. You find a load of players with quirky prices that way. If they do have a major Serie A / Bundesliga SBC I should have about 200 players per league to sell at profit. Also handy to do the weekly SBCs

This is my weekend league of fail in a nutshell. His striker back heels it, it bounces off his standing foot, then takes a deflection off my keeper, then off my defender and goes in as the guy marking the post turns his back to it.

Did you use a list or anything for the German and Italian leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

I'm prepared for Russian League, Turkish league and championship. May also bundesliga before next one is due to come out. Should be in about 2 weeks I think.

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »
    I did a few, if the team are predominantly gold then no problem, silver you are screwed so I did about 5 teams.

I have however completed Seria A and Bundesliga, except for Juventus and Bayern expensive players and the odd expensive player here and there. Hardly cost me 100k the lot and I have 20+ players per squad. Found a load of players along the way with silly prices I have been buying cheap and selling high ( but lower that the price fixers. ) One Italian silver I must have bought for 150 and sold for 1700+ \•about 50 times. You find a load of players with quirky prices that way. If they do have a major Serie A / Bundesliga SBC I should have about 200 players per league to sell at profit. Also handy to do the weekly SBCs

I was thinking of buying a all the teams of Seria A just incase they did one

Advertisement