Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did you use a list or anything for the German and Italian leagues?
    Just go to Concept squads use any formation. Build squad without Concept players for whatever team to see what players are already in your club. Then go to build squad again but this time turn Replace players OFF and Concept Players On. You should then see who you need to buy. For the silvers and bronze simply select the player and Find In a Transfer Market, you will often pick up a player for 150 coins that is generally priced over 1000 as these are the players who you will be screwed on if a SBC for the league comes along. I do 5/6 squads at a time and then move on when I fill one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

How much have you guys roughly spent on these squads? Quite tempted to do a league now that you've mentioned it.

How much have you guys roughly spent on these squads? Quite tempted to do a league now that you've mentioned it.
    Don't pay more than 150 for any bronze, 200 for any basic silver, 350 for rare silver, 400 for normal gold 650 / 700 for rare gold. You should be able to fill 95% of any league with that formula. Leave the expensive players until you really do need to buy them, and you might not even have to, there aren't actually too many of them.

I was looking at a team in Spain last night, all silver except for 2 players. If a SBC was released it would probably cost 100k to complete ( like above ). I have 12 silver players already cost me only about 2000. Be patient and never overpay and you will often discover a player you can make 1000 on to cover the cost of 6/7 players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Berty44 wrote: »
    Just go to Concept squads use any formation. Build squad without Concept players for whatever team to see what players are already in your club. Then go to build squad again but this time turn Replace players OFF and Concept Players On. You should then see who you need to buy. For the silvers and bronze simply select the player and Find In a Transfer Market, you will often pick up a player for 150 coins that is generally priced over 1000 as these are the players who you will be screwed on if a SBC for the league comes along. I do 5/6 squads at a time and then move on when I fill one.

Thats awesome, thanks :D

Going to start up on this, I think. The others, so far, have all yielded rewards of packs and a good chunk of coins (I think round 30k?) so while it might be expensive now, it will be a world of fun once the challenges kick in. And as I've said before, I don't really have any interest in squad building beyond my PL team at the moment, so I'll happily invest in this one for now :)

Bundesliga up first. Watch as I invest the coins to do this and it ends up being someone **** :P

Edit: Wow, the Augsburg LB and RB silvers are already massively expensive :S Have filled out most of the team for under 2k though. <3 bids.

Edit: Wow, the Augsburg LB and RB silvers are already massively expensive :S Have filled out most of the team for under 2k though. <3 bids.
    You will come across the odd team that no matter when you look the players are mad expensive. In Augsburg's case I eventually got the silvers for 450/300/300. However if you don't get then then no worries as they have 3 gold CB and a gold RB who would do the job if needs must. Keep looking you will find them eventually. I love picking up a player for 300 coins that is price fixed for 2k :D Patience is the most important thing in doing this !

Two more pieces of advice. When I start a league for a few nights I just go and bid 150 on every silver in that league and 300 on rare silvers. You might win 30% of them. If you have them send them to club, if not then I guarantee you will sell them at a profit. Also its far easier to do this last thing at night rather than during the day.

Next if you have a team nearly, full jot down the names of the 2/3 players you are missing and start up a new Concept squad with the Missing players. That way you can keep your squads tidy and use the slots for another team and just go to that squad whenever to lok for those you are missing.

Funny story on this, when doing Bundesliga I tried to name a squad Missing Germans and was prevented from doing so by the game as it told me the name was unacceptable !!!! Missing Italians were of tho !

• Advertisement

I'm also hoping with the expensive silvers...on some of the French and MLS ones, a LM/RM or a CB hit enough chem to get it over the line. So not panicking.

Already got Augsburg, Berlin and Bremen 90% done on min bids. And given I've been stocking up German, Italian, Spanish and English league players since I started, I'm finding I already have a good chunk of players for them all :)

Also caught three silvers so far that looked "price fixed", so bought some of the cheaper ones and thrown them back up for sale.

Also caught three silvers so far that looked "price fixed", so bought some of the cheaper ones and thrown them back up for sale.
    Its because of this that I reckon I am little worse off coins wise after completing two leagues :)

What did you do with the likes of Bayern? The team seems crazy expensive :(

What did you do with the likes of Bayern? The team seems crazy expensive :(
    Did not bother with the expensive players unless I was going use them. So I only have Coman/Green/Bernat/Kimmich/Badstuber/Rafinha/Stark. Also have the bronze Bayerns CM Ozturk / CAM Benko / CDM Dorsch.

No point in buying anyone else right now as prices are slowly dropping and if the League SBC ever drops then prices should be lower and for expensive players not really affected by an SBC.

If there isn't a high overall squad rating they might even do it without one expensive player !!!!

Renato Costa / Thaigo / Javi Martinez would be around 15k right now but don't buy them unless you want to use them ! ( I bought Costa to use early on for 20k so that shows how much prices have fallen ).

Now that would bring you up to silver or better at 10 at reasonable prices !! You would then only probably need a ST and Muller currently is 30k and hopefully his price will have fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I don't why EA bother with a 4 min MLS players rule - played four games this evening, each game the other player almost immediately subbed in three players to replace MLS players - bit pointless to bring it in if it's not going to be enforced properly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ea are absolute genius to be fair. They had problems with coin buyers so they bring in price caps to limit player prices and said it was fairness in the market then last year player prices were so low with price caps it wasn't worth anyone's while buying packs so this year they bring in sbcs to remove absolute tons of players from market to keep priced up so people will buy packs you got to hand it to them.

The amount of players been hoarded is unreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ea are absolute genius to be fair. They had problems with coin buyers so they bring in price caps to limit player prices and said it was fairness in the market then last year player prices were so low with price caps it wasn't worth anyone's while buying packs so this year they bring in sbcs to remove absolute tons of players from market to keep priced up so people will buy packs you got to hand it to them.

The amount of players been hoarded is unreal.

Still trying to get a Toulouse defender :pac:

Swear those daily knockout tournaments are absolute ****e. Made it to the semi finals of one, and got knocked out by some **** tier squad that had a good few players off chem and his players were still rapid as **** whilst mine were so sluggish, even with the likes of Martial, Rashford, Sane all on full fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Was saving up to buy Pogba, Opened a three of the 45k packs because I HATE Love to give FIFA money, got Thiago Silva and thought that would be my luck for the rest of the year opened one more and got PAUL POGBA ... was absolutely delighted

So with the coins I saved to buy Pogba was gonna buy normal Aguero or IF Yaya to partner him in mf. Anybody use either player and have an opinion on them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Was saving up to buy Pogba, Opened a three of the 45k packs because I HATE Love to give FIFA money, got Thiago Silva and thought that would be my luck for the rest of the year opened one more and got PAUL POGBA ... was absolutely delighted

So with the coins I saved to buy Pogba was gonna buy normal Aguero or IF Yaya to partner him in mf. Anybody use either player and have an opinion on them ?

Nice one on getting Pogba

I bought him on Friday for my weekend league team. He's so good with his size and physicality. He scored 4 or 5 amazing long shots to win games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Played a lad today with a 61 chem team, straight from kick-off he ran the pitch and scored with a silver LB playing at RW. Classic fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm loving this new put 4 MLS players in your Prem team and sub 3 of them out at kick off tournament. Lost a game to a guy who left a 64 rated keeper with no links in goal who ended with 15 saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Has anyone any suggestions for getting involved in the transfer market. I have bought up a lot of English Premier League wingers and strikers with pace which seems like the basic starting point but struggling to make a profit especially with that 5% margin.
    Any thoughts of any angle moving forward?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

brady23 wrote: »
    Has anyone any suggestions for getting involved in the transfer market. I have bought up a lot of English Premier League wingers and strikers with pace which seems like the basic starting point but struggling to make a profit especially with that 5% margin.
    Any thoughts of any angle moving forward?

squad Fitness cards, but at the lowest level then sell them mass for 500 more. so if you get them for 700 sell for 1200. if you pay 1300 sell for 1800.

I had Sergio and didn't like him I have gone with in form memphis and Martial both as strikers and they are doing really well in division 2.

• Advertisement

Destined to never win a tournament...no matter how hard I try. Haven't won one since I started playing FIFA with FIFA 12

David Villa has won MLS POTY just now, expecting an SBC for a special card at 6. Hopefully this team will meet the requirements necessary to get him, although I have been enjoying using this team a lot.

67bf68d3292e6c8f4b426a6c0eb495ed.png

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

I played a game last night and at half time was losing 8-0. I've never gotten such a kicking in a game of Fifa in my life. The guy was literally ruining me. First time I have quit a game when losing. It was infuriating.

Possibly a weird question.

Has anyone noticed if the "luck" with the two player gold packs you can get via the SBC have stayed good? I know, originally, it seemed to yield very good players, and I'm tempted to blow 30k and do it a few times. Rather than just blowing it on some drafts :P

I reckon it would be easy enough to do it for 3850 coins (350 x 11), so that would give you 7 packs if you invested 30k. 14 players. Plus a "bonus" round if you put 11 of those 14 players back into it.....

Just tempted as something to keep me amused as I go through the German league (6 of 20 done now).

:)

CzAtLJKWQAAYyq7.jpg

Finished David Villa SBC for 10k...luckily had a fair few MLS in my club already. Didn't realise one of the players I used was going for 7-8k, but oh well. First special SBC card.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

:)

CzAtLJKWQAAYyq7.jpg

Looks like your picture didn't upload. But I imagine it was Villa in your club. I was lucky as I checked just as it came out, only had to buy 2 or 3 players as had most of them in my club. Cost me about 5k for a beastly Spanish striker. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I'm finding there to be a big gap between division 6 and 5. It could be just a variance thing but that's kind of where I'm stuck now.
    Picked up CAM Remi yday to try, struggling to justify Ben Arfa at 35k. I think Matuidi will be my next pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

jayo26 wrote: »
    I had Sergio and didn't like him I have gone with in form memphis and Martial both as strikers and they are doing really well in division 2.

Martial is who I use as LF in the ST position absolutely bangs them in for fun, ended up going with IF Yaya and IF depay as you suggested

• Advertisement

Martial is who I use as LF in the ST position absolutely bangs them in for fun, ended up going with IF Yaya and IF depay as you suggested

Depay is lethal I absolutely love him so does TSC he has wicked free kicks

Advertisement