Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You can't on the web app. You have to buy them on your console. Once you do, they are useable on the webapp.

The Turkish league is ridiculously cheap at the moment. Putting together a very decent side for min bids on nearly every player....

So if I buy points on the console on FIFA 16 will this work? Or do you have to use the early access thing on Xbox?

Please excuse my stupidity on this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Doyler92 wrote: »
    So if I buy points on the console on FIFA 16 will this work? Or do you have to use the early access thing on Xbox?

Please excuse my stupidity on this...

No you can only transfer over your fifa points to 17 at the start so if you have setup fut 17 you can't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got onto the early access last night, said id open my reward packs as a returning player.

Surprise on my face when i got none and my team was called something random and only established in Sep 16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone having issues with companion app? I need to verify my account with a security code but it takes ages to arrive by which time it's expired

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not tried myself yet, but there's reports of coin prizes for the draft now on top of packs. Someone on the offical forums saying they got 35k coins, as well as a 25k pack and a 50k pack, for winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Never really been a big UT guy despite playing FIFA religiously but I just got the companion app there and gave some of the squad building challenges a go. Already managed to get a few decent rare golds from it, looks like a nice feature.

Sidenote, anyone have any idea how to make some coins in the web app before the game comes out? Don't really know enough about trading to have a go at it on my own, even simple tips would be much appreciated. Wouldn't mind having a squad ready to go for next week.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Sidenote, anyone have any idea how to make some coins in the web app before the game comes out? Don't really know enough about trading to have a go at it on my own, even simple tips would be much appreciated. Wouldn't mind having a squad ready to go for next week.

First up, probably a good idea to sell up any bad cards you got in any free packs. When I sold up all the loyalty packs, I had 5k starting off with.

On a very basic level, you want to pick a card that you think people will possibly pay more for and mass buy it, and then put it all up as once so it's in a clump. Be this a particular player or consumables or whatever. If you have 5k, you're looking at tryin to get 10 500 coin players, for example.

I made a fortune last year, for instance, on Daley Blind in the first few weeks. Bought loads for 800 coins, sold loads for 2000 coins. People are lazy and won't bother checking lowest bid a lot of times. But obviously, it has to be the right card. Blind was a Man United player so was always going to be popular. Probably wont work as much this year since his popularity has gone up since, so its harder to get cheap ones. But thats the gist.

EDIT: as an example from this year, I'm eyeing up Michael Carrick at the moment. United player, 81 rated, ok stats, but available quite easily for 900-1000 coins. Also last night should be in peoples minds over the next few days. Even picked up a few for 800 coins on the 59th minute. Going to grab 10-15 of him and see can I get 2000 for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cheers, that makes a load of sense. Gave the mass buying thing a try one year when tried to really get into FUT but I must've picked an unpopular player because I don't remember it going too well. Have Lovren, Lichtsteiner, Adler and Remy to sell so hopefully I'll be able to buy a few of the one card with whatever I make on those four players. I sold a lot of the bad players already but they didn't amount to much, and I put the rest into squad builders, so I've probably slowed things down a bit for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Don't forget to log into the WebApp evry day to get a free pack !

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Berty44 wrote: »

got 250 coins today!

• Advertisement

Berty44 wrote: »

3 days now, and 2 of them were 500 coins. Every little helps :)
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Cheers, that makes a load of sense. Gave the mass buying thing a try one year when tried to really get into FUT but I must've picked an unpopular player because I don't remember it going too well.

Thats the risk. I try to stick with IFs now, cause you can usually buy them for 11k and discard for 10k if it all goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Opened a few reward packs when inlogged onto the companion. Got Hernandez which is a nice boost. Just bought a few Barca kits at a decent price. This year I'm gonna try give it a real go at buying and selling players for profit. Any tips much appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Haha got Muller in my free packs! I wasn't going to buy the game but now, I might!

Played my first game there. 6-2 win. There was two people playing against me, so they continually had players out of position, and had their team on with a high line, so I picked them off easily on the counter. RVP with a hatrick.

First off, were games six minutes aside last season? The game I played seemed to last way longer than I was used to.

Also, can 100% confirm forced substitutions are a thing now. On the 10 minute mark on the game, I went in hard on his Carrick, game paused and he had to make a switch. Did a drop ball then to kick things off again.

I like the fact the game feels smoother between transitions; open play turns into a corner or a goal kick easier. Got to try freekicks and a penalty as well. New penalty mechanic caught me off guard. Seems to make them way easier.

Game doesn't feel as reliant on pace, and players feel more physical in terms of strength feels like an important attribute.

One goal I let in was when my keeper seemingly refused to pick up a free ball, so not overly impressed with keeper AI so far :P Upside though, long shots are so, so much fun, and they feel more meatier than before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I reckon Liga NOS players and MLS players will be a premium at the start given they're involved in the player reward squad building challenges. Might invest in Liga NOS

Just to refer back to earlier, and with people asking for trading tips...

First one down.

PNwOfBK.png

Wasn't the cheapest one I had up, bought for 900 coins.

Now, stressing, there's better traders than me (including on here), but it's an example of how to start....

EDIT: A second a few minutes later

DzhWezh.png

Nice one tsc your making kendo itchy to get trading thank God I've plenty work to do.

Left trial downloading this morning should be done by 11 tonight haha.

A few weeks back, I was saying to myself I wouldn't get drawn back into trading. But then its out and now I'm back to looking at creating some spreadsheets :D

****, I just realized Drogheda United's badge isn't in the game!!!! I've been using it for years :(

****, I just realized Drogheda United's badge isn't in the game!!!! I've been using it for years :(

Wexford youths is in it tho ain't it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'd say I have about 1200 coins or so for trading once the players from my welcome packs have sold. Got an eye on a few decent BPL players to start...Rondon or Townsend look like some good ones to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I love the idea of the squad building challenges

But when the prizes are untradeable I really don't think I'll ever bother, unless I'm already giving up crap untradeable players I'll never do it with tradeable players

I love the idea of the squad building challenges

But when the prizes are untradeable I really don't think I'll ever bother, unless I'm already giving up crap untradeable players I'll never do it with tradeable players

I tried a few on my ps4 account and I think they are great. In a few months nearly every player in 70s are discard prices you could turn a bunch of them onto 5 or 10 grand minimum with a few players packs.

It will also be interesting for trading and having the right player at the right time.

It is a much better idea then draft was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

jayo26 wrote: »
    I tried a few on my ps4 account and I think they are great. In a few months nearly every player in 70s are discard prices you could turn a bunch of them onto 5 or 10 grand minimum with a few players packs.

It will also be interesting for trading and having the right player at the right time.

It is a much better idea then draft was.

When players get to be that cheap the rewards surely won't be the same

I'm just annoyed at this because I really like the squad building aspect of it and the fun of trying to actually build the squad, but I wouldn't be giving up players of much value for an untradable pack

Draft should be a lot better if there's coin rewards across all levels this year

Squad building challenges will definitely be bigger and better as time goes on. I did the first few and it was actually fun being able to sit down and mentally work out who to give up. The untradeable cards are grand too imo; if they were tradeable, it would defeat the purpose imo.

RE: Drafts and coin rewards, while I said people were reporting 30k for winning, I got no coins earlier for hitting the semi-finals :/ But I did learn Ronaldo is incredible this year. Never liked him on FUT for the last two years, but his dribbling with the improved focus on strength make him brilliant this time round.

I swear I'm just posting about Carrick again because I know every year, people are coming in asking for trading tips, so this is trying to help with that.

38vWhxw.png

6 sold in 4 cycles now. 1000 coins profit on each, so thats 6000 coins profit so far. At a time when most people probably aren't playing too heavily yet either. I have 25 in my tradepile now, all up for 1600-2000 coins.

<3 the web app. Sitting here doing my taxes up with the app in the background :P

When players get to be that cheap the rewards surely won't be the same

I'm just annoyed at this because I really like the squad building aspect of it and the fun of trying to actually build the squad, but I wouldn't be giving up players of much value for an untradable pack

Draft should be a lot better if there's coin rewards across all levels this year

As the value of players drop the rewards will be worth more.

For example now some of the start off challenges have 5000 coin rewards well imagine some challenges will have alot more coins and if your building squads from mostly discard players only worth 600 each it will be better and you have a chance of player packs also. I can't see any negative in it.

Fair play tsc I can't wait to get stuck in Consumables here I come.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fair play tsc I can't wait to get stuck in Consumables here I come.

I may or may not already have 60+ and counting of a certain card we've talked about before in a built up reserve. :P

I may or may not already have 60+ and counting of a certain card we've talked about before in a built up reserve. :P

Yeh that card is going to be worth alot when the full game is released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Got a gold player pack from the ea squad building and the pack contents are sellable or can be quick sold so not too bad like

Advertisement