Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

So I can't seem to beat de gea anything I come against him. So I bought him. In 3 games he has let 11 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So I can't seem to beat de gea anything I come against him. So I bought him. In 3 games he has let 11 goals.

Haha I'm same I have de gea in both my team's and I can't find him extraordinary apart from his throwing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Had enough to grab Villa without spending a coin, so opted to. Really wanted a purple card :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just qualified for the weekend league and won my first tournament ever...sweaty as hell. Changed up my squad to 4312 with Martial and SBC Villa up top. Villa is absolute quality. Won the final on pens :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Considering moving away from the French set up but I really don't want rid of Lacazette, I think he's unbelievable.
    Any thoughts on how to incorporate him in another team, currently playing 433 (4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I have the worst luck with disconnects. Clean through on goal with Ronaldo in the second game of the draft, the game instantly ends and I've lost my connection to the EA server.

I'm 14-3 in draft now, and 2 of the 3 loses have been me randomly getting disconnected. I also got disconnected 5 times in the weekend league. A couple of weeks ago, I was 3-0 up in the daily tournament final and got disconnected.

It only ever seems to happen when I'm winning or about to score. I don't know what I can possibly do about it. I haven't had a problem with it in other FIFAs (except the very odd time like most people), but now it's happening all the time. It never happens my opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

brady23 wrote: »
    Considering moving away from the French set up but I really don't want rid of Lacazette, I think he's unbelievable.
    Any thoughts on how to incorporate him in another team, currently playing 433 (4)

you mean a french league set up right ? will try come up with something fun

how much you got to spend ?

brady23 wrote: »

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/586813

no idea how much you have to spend, but that looks like fun needs loyalty and pellegrini with french league on him for full chem with laca,sanchez and beausejour on 8 chem. tried limiting number of french players but need at least one link to lacazette to get him to 8 chem.

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/586900

cheaper less fun option with wenger and italian league

Do u get an extra chem point for managers nationality too?

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Do u get an extra chem point for managers nationality too?

you get chem points for from same country and same league but you only get one point per each player so cant get 2 extra points on a LB playing CM using the manager card

chips1234 wrote: »
    you get chem points for from same country and same league but you only get one point per each player so cant get 2 extra points on a LB playing CM using the manager card

Yhh I knew the league bit but in all my years playing fifa I never copped the nationality bit haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Anybody on here using Harry Kane in their team? I have Lukaku as my main striker in a 4-3-3 and am looking for someone to rotate him with but I don't wanna spend the coins to get Costa, Aguero etc

Has anyone used the David Villa SBC special card? Is he worth it?

I need 3 or 4 players to complete it, but not sure it's worth it spending the extra 15-20K to get him, when I could just sell the other 7 or 8 players and make 30K instead.

I'm not sure about using a ST with 73 sprint speed that is also neither tall or strong.

I like him. He's slow, but his shooting stats are incredible.

Main issue is fitting him into a team, due to the **** league :/ I'm rocking him in a PL squad with Costa beside him, and Fabregas and Defeloeu round him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I like him. He's slow, but his shooting stats are incredible.

Main issue is fitting him into a team, due to the **** league :/ I'm rocking him in a PL squad with Costa beside him, and Fabregas and Defeloeu round him.

I'd probably sub him on as a CF/CAM where pace isn't as important, or use Giovinco to link to him.

I've had success with regular Giovinco. Any time I come up against him IF or SBC, his dribbling is incredibly difficult to deal with. They could be a good combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Had a great laugh last night while claiming my crown as champions of Div 7 - the guy I'm playing is the ultimate in pace abuse Walcott, Musa and Sterling front three, everyone else seems to be on park the bus mode - I go two nil down by half time (of course he watches replays and does that irritating dab celebration like he's so original) and despair sets in, but momma didn't raise no rage quitter!
    I persevere and at around the 55 min mark I discover that he can't actually defend, I'd been so wary of being hit on the break that I wasn't playing my proper game. By the 70th minute I'm 3-2 ahead (at one point Xhaka waltzed through his defence while his CB's slipped and slid like mad men), at which point he loses it - every time I dispossess him he does a temper slide, a few yellows are accumulated until Walcott chops Sagna from behind as he's running away after dispossessing him, straight red, rage quit, champions!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm using Villa in a Spanish/Serie A team at the moment but he's going right back into an MLS team when the prices drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

v3ttel wrote: »
    Has anyone used the David Villa SBC special card? Is he worth it?

I need 3 or 4 players to complete it, but not sure it's worth it spending the extra 15-20K to get him, when I could just sell the other 7 or 8 players and make 30K instead.

I'm not sure about using a ST with 73 sprint speed that is also neither tall or strong.
    I'm in the same situation, sell what I have for 30k+ or spend 20k getting him, problem is I don't think I would use him as my IF Aspas is doning the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Just did a tot on what my MLS players are worth, around 50k, so if I was to spend 20k on complteting the SBC Villa would cost me 70k.....not worth that so selling up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Don't know whether to get him or not. I have an MLS RB that is currently extinct on the market along with a host of others that I could sell or use in the SBC.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Just did a tot on what my MLS players are worth, around 50k, so if I was to spend 20k on complteting the SBC Villa would cost me 70k.....not worth that so selling up.

Same here. I have around 30-35K of MLS players, and would need to spend another 15K to get him.

I'm going to save that 15K, sell my MLS players, and use the 50K towards buying IF Giovinco instead.

I must be the only one that hates to doing the sbc challenges for players like vila I'd much prefer the 70 or 80know to put into a usable player. Only sbc I would like so far is lacazette and I can't even bring myself to doing him.

I must be the only one that hates to doing the sbc challenges for players like vila I'd much prefer the 70 or 80know to put into a usable player. Only sbc I would like so far is lacazette and I can't even bring myself to doing him.

Personally, I'm finding no matter what team I build, I don't get any better or worse in terms of results. So I enjoy that side of the game, especially the pack lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Opened my two TOTW packs from Black Friday weekend there. Got Hilton and a German GK. pretty disappointed. On the plus side somebody bought Hilton for 40k, so that covers his cost anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I definitely felt burnt after doing the Son SBC, I tried for ages to make teams around him but he's just not good, but I've used regular Villa for ages and he's just brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Berty44 wrote: »

I have spent 400k on Giovinco, to fit him into my Italy team. I thought about Villa but it just isnt worth it for a player Ill never need

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Good luck getting him, I spent 150k knocking out half the teams. Then realised some arent possible to finish as the players are listed on the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Sold Di Maria, Varane, Umitti, Matuidi, Kante and Cavani.
    Picked up Martial, Payet, Ben Arfa, IF 86 Silva (he's well wOrth the 20k), Smalling and Bailly.

• Advertisement

Kal El wrote: »
    Good luck getting him, I spent 150k knocking out half the teams. Then realised some arent possible to finish as the players are listed on the market

I haven't a hope of doing it so not gonna even try the players are even harder to get on pc.

Advertisement