Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I sold Ozil and was sitting on like 599,358 coins, so I managed to discard stuff and leave it on exactly 600,000, now my OCD won't let me play the game anymore :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

mutley18 wrote: »
    I sold Ozil and was sitting on like 599,358 coins, so I managed to discard stuff and leave it on exactly 600,000, now my OCD won't let me play the game anymore :-(

you could try to get to 666,666?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Blazer wrote: »
    you could try to get to 666,666?

Challenge accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

So, after being 4-7 in the weekend league yesterday, I sold my whole team this morning and went with an untradeable team.(does feature 90 hazard and chiellini) Won 7 games in a row today until I finally lost on pens to a guy with 5 ATB who went park the bus from minute 1. Really does show if you have time you're better off waiting til Saturday or Sunday to play your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Swear weekend league is the most bull**** driven thing I've ever come across on FIFA.. Played 21 games, won 8 and lost 12. Two or three I was up against good teams but the others were just absolute ****e. Some had bronzes that I could never get passed. Couldn't score for **** either, my team just seemed to fall apart completely. Going into weekend league, Martial was just above a 1:1 goal to game ratio and finishing it now (cba with the rest of the games) he's on 56 games, 32 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

IF Mertens is the best player I've ever used in FUT. So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The problem that I see with the WL (not that I've ever been able to take part) is that the rewards are so high that more and more people are turning to "the dark side" and winning by any means neccesary - even in seasons mode, for every decent game of football I have (where we both play to win by actually, you know, playing football) I need to make up for that by playing against 3 or 4 who ruin the actual game by doing all sorts of nonsense to win - from what you guys are saying it appears that the ratio of decent players to gob****es is much lower in WL

Yeah, it's my first time taking part. Only got 8 wins but I get 10k and 2 packs from it (think 15k and 7.5k, not sure) which is pretty decent. But the amount of park the bus I came up against is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Getting a bit sick of every opponent going 1-0 down and then just subbing on Aubameyang, Griezmann and Neymar loan cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Finally got a decent player in a pack, got IF Eriksen like a month ago, got Willian today, should pocket 50k from him. I have a few Premiership players now I could build around with untradeable Defoe, its just Premiership player are so expensive. Italian League looks reasonably priced with some decent players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jesus, I'm getting worse every weekend league. Started with 25 wins, then 22, now 21. I lost my last 4 in a row this weekend. I need to average 23 wins to get elite for the month and the 11 IFs. It's going to be a struggle now. I feel completely clueless as to what to try next.

Lost all 5 penalty shootouts this weekend and had 1 disconnected...I just suck at them. My first penalty always misses, no matter what direction I go.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Jesus, I'm getting worse every weekend league. Started with 25 wins, then 22, now 21. I lost my last 4 in a row this weekend. I need to average 23 wins to get elite for the month and the 11 IFs. It's going to be a struggle now. I feel completely clueless as to what to try next.

Lost all 5 penalty shootouts this weekend and had 1 disconnected...I just suck at them. My first penalty always misses, no matter what direction I go.

I don't know if you can do it for the WL but there is a button to display the target from the practice sessions if that helps? (Think it's the up button on the d-pad..?)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Well, this was certainly not what I meant to do, but I'll take anything given...

You can see the yellow circle moving towards the back post. Held down the cross button to try and hit it in for a header. I NEVER would have gone for that shot, but I guess the AI felt differently...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Until they make a tournament with the requirements being No Premier League players I'm not sure I'll ever qualify for the WL again. It's a joke that someone with IF Yaya, De Gea, Hazard, TOTGS Gundogan, etc still uses Musa up front because they're the best player in the game. Pace has been far too integral to fifa for so long now, it's so frustrating.

Trying to make a decision betwen SIF Salah and Cuadrado.

I can afford Salah (216k at the moment), but I fear spending that big on players in case they get another IF and their price drops :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »

I can afford Salah (216k at the moment), but I fear spending that big on players in case they get another IF and their price drops :/

Spending that big on players and futmass just around the corner :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Spending that big on players and futmass just around the corner :)

Like the Thanksgiving crash? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I was in the same position last week. After trying Salah SIF for about 10 games, I went back to cuadrado. Scored more goals for me. Ended up getting pjanic otw card instead, that shouldn't drop in value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Just qualified for the weekend league for first time, I must have got the luckiest draw ever cos I hammered every guy, early in the week is clearly the way to go

blaa85 wrote: »
    I was in the same position last week. After trying Salah SIF for about 10 games, I went back to cuadrado. Scored more goals for me. Ended up getting pjanic otw card instead, that shouldn't drop in value.

Yeah, it's 140k for his IF and 190k for his OTW. I bought his NIF for now, to test him out. What's he like?

• Advertisement

I bought SIF to use as a super sub in the Weekend League. He felt ok, but he definitely not what his stats suggest. The good thing is that I bought him for 189K and he seems to be going for 230K at the moment. I'm not sure whether to keep him or flog him.

I'm at the stage now where I need 3 of Neymar, Messi, Bale, Ronaldo to improve my team but they are crazy expensive. Neymar and Messi have terrible stamina and I'd have to sell my Pogba, Griezmann, SIF Salah and every card in my club to get even 2 of them.

Not sure what players I should go for, or what formation to use.

Just sold my first IF Insigne for a 30k profit @ 98k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Yeah, it's 140k for his IF and 190k for his OTW. I bought his NIF for now, to test him out. What's he like?

He's unreal for taking corners. Scoring a lot more of them since getting him in. Hold for 2 bars and it's a perfect cross.

He scored this week after coming on as a sub, doubt it warrants an IF. You will see his otw price drop a bit just after 4pm on wednesday if he's not in totw.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

With Christmas coming ea will be going all out with sbcs I reckon, anyone else thinking they might do the premiership league or will they leave that till the end

seamie78 wrote: »
    With Christmas coming ea will be going all out with sbcs I reckon, anyone else thinking they might do the premiership league or will they leave that till the end

I don't know, they could leave the Premiership till MAR/APR to get one last push before the season ends - I'd expect Italy and the Netherlands to be next though

I don't know, they could leave the Premiership till MAR/APR to get one last push before the season ends - I'd expect Italy and the Netherlands to be next though

I put together 15 prem teams in the last week for next to nothing hope to the same for Germany and Italy this week, might buy a few Dutch silvers for resale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

I have completed the Italian / German and Spanish leagues and thats all I'm doing as they are the only leagues I am really interested in getting SBC players for. When I say completed I really mean OCD completed, I have every bronze silver and gold player for every team except the 5 or 6 really expensive players in the leagues like Juventus / Bayern / Real Madrid / Barca and even then I have a load of players for those uncompleted squads ( like I have 18 Madrid players 13 Barca players ). Also have about 40 players to cover all positions in other leagues for SBC's.

Anyone else notice that the schedule for the Weekend League finishes soon, I wonder are they going to have another competition to replace it?

Berty44 wrote: »
    I have completed the Italian / German and Spanish leagues and thats all I'm doing as they are the only leagues I am really interested in getting SBC players for. When I say completed I really mean OCD completed, I have every bronze silver and gold player for every team except the 5 or 6 really expensive players in the leagues like Juventus / Bayern / Real Madrid / Barca and even then I have a load of players for those uncompleted squads ( like I have 18 Madrid players 13 Barca players ). Also have about 40 players to cover all positions in other leagues for SBC's.

Anyone else notice that the schedule for the Weekend League finishes soon, I wonder are they going to have another competition to replace it?

Fair play on getting the full leagues done. I'm starting to hoard players from those 3 leagues as well, but I'm only starting. I have a feeling the Bundesliga player will be Chicharito.

On the schedule for the weekend league, they normally update it every now and again. I don't think it ever goes more than 2 or 3 weeks out.

the reason im thinking prem could be next is that most ppl are speculating that serie a or bundse will be next and we all know how much EA try to make it unpredictable, id love a harry kane for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ok im inspired to try do the Spanish league now I don't have much interest in the prem.

Advertisement