Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

There's a Buffon 600 game milestone SBC. He played that game weeks ago. Strange why it's so late. Debating whether to do it. Would cost me 40k + my untradeable chiellini.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have Germany done.

Probably start Italy next. Maybe grab some Dutch as well, less for the specific Dutch reward, but for the packs that will come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Held division 1 for the first time. The Serie A team is brilliant, thankfully. Mertens has 21 goals and 10 assists in 18 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Done the Buffon :)

On my earlier question, the FUT Champions schedule finishes after the weekend. Normally you would have at least the next qualifying week so you could see what teams were needed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Berty44 wrote: »
    Done the Buffon :)

On my earlier question, the FUT Champions schedule finishes after the weekend. Normally you would have at least the next qualifying week so you could see what teams were needed

It does look unusually short alright, but what I really meant to mention earlier was that if you look at the monthly FUT champions rankings, it shows there is still 120 games left in the month.... so 3 more weekends as normal. I'd say they are just slow to update it. I'd say they are preparing a lot of content over Christmas (SBCs, packs, etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I so want that Buffon card, but I'd have to dismantle my entire Serie A squad including TOTM Dzeko, Hamsik, Mertens, Manolas, Handanovic, Barzagli,...

I'm a sucker for these SBC cards, but I feel it's simply not worth it ?

I almost completely rely on the wings for my build up play but seeing all these lads going with narrow formations and getting 30 or 35+ wins in the weekend league made me want to try 4-1-2-1-2 again. Also converted from a mix of countering style to constant pressure on the ball.

I've gone 7-0 since and only conceded 2 goals since. So far, so good. Now time to take it into the weekend league and get thoroughly rode. I need to average 24 wins over the next 3 weekends to get those 11 IFs for monthly rewards. I'll probably end up doing worse but no point in sticking with playing how I was...

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I so want that Buffon card, but I'd have to dismantle my entire Serie A squad including TOTM Dzeko, Hamsik, Mertens, Manolas, Handanovic, Barzagli,...

Here is the team I did it with, a weird combination as sometimes the higher rated players reduced the overall rating :confused:

GK 87 Handanovic (cost 20k)
    CB 83 Benatia
    CB 86 Miranda (cost 23k)
    CB 87 Chielinni (cost 35k)
    RM 83 Joao Mario
    LW 83 Perisic
    CDM 83 Biglia
    CM 80 Asamoah
    CAM 84 Banega
    ST 84 Bacca
    ST 83 Mandzukic

I bought the 3 players with the cost. Every other player I had in my club and got them for minimum or not far above it. So probably cost me about 85k....for an 89 Buffon I will use a lot in my Seria A team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

v3ttel wrote: »
    I almost completely rely on the wings for my build up play but seeing all these lads going with narrow formations and getting 30 or 35+ wins in the weekend league made me want to try 4-1-2-1-2 again. Also converted from a mix of countering style to constant pressure on the ball.

I've gone 7-0 since and only conceded 2 goals since. So far, so good. Now time to take it into the weekend league and get thoroughly rode. I need to average 24 wins over the next 3 weekends to get those 11 IFs for monthly rewards. I'll probably end up doing worse but no point in sticking with playing how I was...

Have a go of 4222 I'm using it and if you have two cam players with enough pace they can really drift in or drift wide I'm loving it and you have double insurance with two cdm that push forward.

Here is the team I did it with, a weird combination as sometimes the higher rated players reduced the overall rating :confused:

GK 87 Handanovic (cost 20k)
    CB 83 Benatia
    CB 86 Miranda (cost 23k)
    CB 87 Chielinni (cost 35k)
    RM 83 Joao Mario
    LW 83 Perisic
    CDM 83 Biglia
    CM 80 Asamoah
    CAM 84 Banega
    ST 84 Bacca
    ST 83 Mandzukic

I bought the 3 players with the cost. Every other player I had in my club and got them for minimum or not far above it. So probably cost me about 85k....for an 89 Buffon I will use a lot in my Seria A team.

Managed to get some extra players so I didn't have to lose my entire Serie A squad, still sad to see the likes of Hamsik and Mertens go... :)

And now we rebuild.

• Advertisement

Working on the Italian and English league.

There's some price fixers aren't even subtle. Doing Burnley, and there's some silvers blatantly the one guy listing 100 of a player at a single price, with no others available.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Working on the Italian and English league.

There's some price fixers aren't even subtle. Doing Burnley, and there's some silvers blatantly the one guy listing 100 of a player at a single price, with no others available.

Skipped Burnley and Bournemouth myself for that reason it won't be any more expensive when the time comes

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Won't be doing any more of the league SBCs if the striker isn't pacey. Already have Jonas , eto'o and villa as super subs. They're all essentially the same player though :/

v3ttel wrote: »
    Also saw 4312 recommended as a good narrow formation, not tried it though.

What are your settings to get constant pressure? No matter what I do I cant seem to get the same pressure other people can put on me

Also saw 4312 recommended as a good narrow formation, not tried it though.

What are your settings to get constant pressure? No matter what I do I cant seem to get the same pressure other people can put on me

Normally I just lose the ball constantly with narrow formations. Wingers are always the outlet. I tried 4-3-1-2 last season with Ronaldo and Neymar as my strikers, but I struggled massively with it. In any games I was struggling to create a chance I'd switch to 4-3-3(4) and always turned it around.

To apply high pressure, i'm mostly I'm using R1 a lot more, but being careful it doesn't drag my defenders out of position. 50,50,54, cover and stay on balanced. It feels like I'm barely clinging on and there is loads of space behind my defense, but not conceding many goals. I guess the WL will be the best measure of whether this works or not.

Oddly enough, my players stamina is lasting much longer than with 4-2-3-1.

Vardy's card will be very expensive.

Would love to get IF Mkhitaryan. IF Victor Moses is a bit shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

J. Marston wrote: »
    Vardy's card will be very expensive.

Would love to get IF Mkhitaryan. IF Victor Moses is a bit shíte.

I found IF Moses to be quite good - very good at getting down the line, not great at crossing but stick to square balls and he was fine

In form ibora will be an awesome deep midfielder his passing stats and defensive stats are very good on his normal card they be brilliant on inform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I picked up a few Vardys yday pretty cheap hoping to see a spike in his price today, still haven't checked.
    Also switched from Ligue 1 based team as my main, originally planned to do Lacazette SBC but 500k investment so leaving that till I get some more coins.

Any midfielders in EPL that anyone likes, thinking in around the 30k mark, I have Eriksen, Carzola, Firmino and Fernandinho at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I quite like Emre Can. Have played about 50+ games with him and he's an absolute tank. Good on defence and good going forward..strong as well. Him and Fernandinho created a good partnership in the last weekend league.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Semi final of the qualifiers, I've dominated the previous two games and all is well. First goal 10 minutes in from MVP Villa, right beforevthe half Musa scores with his first shot of the game. Second half Musa scores 3 more times with his next 3 shots. Game ends 4-1 to my opponent, his Begovic has 14 saves my Zieler has a lonely 1. What am I supposed to do. Two of his goals came from goal kicks where his Musa beat Alderweireld to headers, knocked it down to Martial and then got played in on goal. I want to scream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Thought about it, but its only a one point bump, not worth it imo

brady23 wrote: »
    I picked up a few Vardys yday pretty cheap hoping to see a spike in his price today, still haven't checked.
    Also switched from Ligue 1 based team as my main, originally planned to do Lacazette SBC but 500k investment so leaving that till I get some more coins.

Any midfielders in EPL that anyone likes, thinking in around the 30k mark, I have Eriksen, Carzola, Firmino and Fernandinho at present

Rooney. He can pretty much do anything, even defend.

I've put a sentinel card on him and I've set him to stay back when attacking and he's grand, plus he actually is a threat when he does push forward.

Spent 75k on packs, finally see a blue, Dzeko go die EA

brady23 wrote: »
    Spent 75k on packs, finally see a blue, Dzeko go die EA

Had him too, didn't like him at all.

How low do ye reckon IF Mkhitaryan will go?

I've watched him drop from 400k down to 265k already. Not planning on buying till Tuesday, but wonder if he'll drop below 150k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Possibly done with Fifa for good after losing to a team in the qualifiers that was 5 at the back and consisted entirely of a goalkeeper, 5 fullbacks and 5 wingers, Sane and Nathan Dyer in CM and they won every tackle and header.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Possibly done with Fifa for good after losing to a team in the qualifiers that was 5 at the back and consisted entirely of a goalkeeper, 5 fullbacks and 5 wingers, Sane and Nathan Dyer in CM and they won every tackle and header.

Thought this was me for a second :P switched up to 5212 today with custom tactics (ultra att + high pressure at kick off) and I destroyed my opponent. Villa SBC CAM with Perez and Inaki Williams up top is lethal

• Advertisement

First time in the WL, if you were to guess on average, what would people think is the standard like in comparison to online seasons. Players consistently in the Division 1-2 range etc?

Advertisement