Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

brady23 wrote: »
    First time in the WL, if you were to guess on average, what would people think is the standard like in comparison to online seasons. Players consistently in the Division 1-2 range etc?

More or less.

Needed to win my last game to win Division 1, 2-0 up and I bottled it and drew 2-2. Raging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

J. Marston wrote: »
    First time in the WL, if you were to guess on average, what would people think is the standard like in comparison to online seasons. Players consistently in the Division 1-2 range etc?

More or less.

Needed to win my last game to win Division 1, 2-0 up and I bottled it and drew 2-2. Raging.

Yeah I'm completely fooked then, consistently between divisions 4/5 so I think pure volume is my best chance of getting some results, even a blind squirrel finds a nut (I hope) 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just lost to a bronze team in the weekend league tournament.....had so many shots but couldn't get past his bronze Neuer. Meanwhile, my keeper couldn't save a thing...frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Yeah I'm completely fooked then, consistently between divisions 4/5 so I think pure volume is my best chance of getting some results, even a blind squirrel finds a nut (I hope) 😕

In the same boat myself but I live and dream. Maybe next year they might introduce a lower tier weekend league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

seamie78 wrote: »
    In the same boat myself but I live and dream. Maybe next year they might introduce a lower tier weekend league

I doubt it - can't see EA ever doing anything to help the little guys like us out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Most of the problem ain't ea to an extent it's just the nature of the beast I find the higher up the leagues in seasons you go the more boring and frustrating the game is because to be the best at ultimate team ain't about picking your own tactics or having the right players it's all about knowing how to score and not miss.

I'm floating between division one and two now and doing well enough but anyone I play has a method of scoring goals and they stick to it and unfortunately for me I have too because you get so little chances you can't risk it wasting it on a finesse shot or a curling shot or a cross so I find myself playing in bale and low driving shot to corner and it's so boring.

Anyone I play they mostly score same type of goals or they are excellent at scoring from outside the box so the take loads of long shots and do score 3 or 4 a game easily I'm useless at these and then you have the ones I hate the most they run to the touch line and drive a low hard pass across the box where they are guaranteed to have a man free.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

**** this ****ing mode. 1-5. I mean seriously I don't know how I haven't put my fist through the telly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Skipping the marquee match ups, cause I'm trying to build up in preparation for the league SBCs. Have Germany done, Italy at 10/20 and the UK at 3/20. Also pretty much not playing at the moment, with Football Manager and FF15 taking up more time (and work, obviously :P)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Skipping the marquee match ups, cause I'm trying to build up in preparation for the league SBCs. Have Germany done, Italy at 10/20 and the UK at 3/20. Also pretty much not playing at the moment, with Football Manager and FF15 taking up more time (and work, obviously :P)

What's football manager like pal? The bloody sister in law gets it for me each xmass so I have to wait now grhhh.

Same as its always been, really. I've not been sacked in my first United run after two seasons, so I'm taking it that its a bit easier :P But it really is just a few cosmetic changes and the usual game.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, doing Palermo and Pescara at the moment. The teams are bordering on extinct now. Can't wait to see the frustration when they launch the SBC...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

stephenl15 wrote: »
    **** this ****ing mode. 1-5. I mean seriously I don't know how I haven't put my fist through the telly
    Read back on my theory on the WL Stephen and don't lose hope. Playing this morning there is a high chance you are probably playing against top players as I believe it puts you against players in your category of # of wins so far in the WL, Bronze 1, Silver 2, Gold 1 or whatever.

This morning most people are starting out so are all in the same basket, good players and bad. I guarantee if you left it until Sunday night and then played 6 games there would be a much higher chance of you being 5-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stephenl15 wrote: »

I be so tempted to buy the cheapest tv I can find and do this...I think the sheer satisfaction I would get and mental relief would be worth the cost..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Berty44 wrote: »
    Read back on my theory on the WL Stephen and don't lose hope. Playing this morning there is a high chance you are probably playing against top players as I believe it puts you against players in your category of # of wins so far in the WL, Bronze 1, Silver 2, Gold 1 or whatever.

This morning most people are starting out so are all in the same basket, good players and bad. I guarantee if you left it until Sunday night and then played 6 games there would be a much higher chance of you being 5-1.

Cheers might try that :)

For those struggling to qualify for the WL, I've read in a few forums that EA might be opening the WL to everyone next week as a Christmas thing. Nothing confirmed though.

So you all might be able to sample the worst of what Fifa has to offer!

For those struggling to qualify for the WL, I've read in a few forums that EA might be opening the WL to everyone next week as a Christmas thing. Nothing confirmed though.

Ya can also sample it by playing draft haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

3rd walkout this year!! Completed SBC and got it from the Prime players pack. Saw french flags, absolutely shat it and thought Pogba or Griezmann. Out stepped Lloris! Still quality, fits straight into my squad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

That probably explains why as I was querying previously that when you look at the schedule it finishes after this weekend's league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

FUTmas is here! Just got 2500 coins for logging into the app...... and a free Xmas kit!

12 IFs sold midcycle, so yeah! New SBC.

November cards can be used for one :P

• Advertisement

They are doi three players a day for the next two weeks, with each player's number corresponding with the date. So he three today wear 16 on their jersey,

The three sbcs today aren't very attractive too high a cost

Played 3 games, one guy destroyed me 4-0 probably wasn't 4 goals better than me but definitely better.
    I won the other 2, arguably deserved neither but when all of your front 3 are 93 pace+ anything can happen.
    Do people generally wait till TOTW is announced to open packs?

seamie78 wrote: »
    The three sbcs today aren't very attractive too high a cost

They really will be a case of how bad you want specific players.

Rashford, Blind and Herrera could potentially get ones. I will pay significant amounts to get any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Might do that parolo one, have untradeable dzyba I'd like to get rid of, although could be better used on another one if there's 3 new players every day.

If Ander got an inform of any kind he would be a beast midfielder his stats are just borderline been good but all are high 70s.

God, I hate this shít...

I can see he's going to do that spin shít, I intercept it but nope, Martial auto-intercepts it back straight away and falls into Kante's path who buries it with 64 long shooting past 88 Buffon.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They really will be a case of how bad you want specific players.

Rashford, Blind and Herrera could potentially get ones. I will pay significant amounts to get any of them.

Any spurs player I would probably overspend too

6-6 now not bad for my first attempt, I've been lucky but also unlucky too. I originally wanted Silver 2 but quietly hoping now for Gold 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was playing a lad there, he was super high pressure but I was 2-0 up. I was forced to play a back pass to the keeper because his high press had all the passing lanes covered.

I pass it back to the keeper, press square to clear it with him, they inexplicably decide the keeper should auto clear it which means I keep control of the center back, and the square to clear it with the keeper turns into a slide tackle by my CB totally away from the ball. Red card and penalty. FFS, 45 mins against super high pressure with 10 men and having Pogba at CB because I didn't have one on the bench to sub on. Hung onto the win somehow.

This is in game 2 of the weekend league. In game 1, I had 17 shots, his keeper had 15 saves, only won 1-0.
    I doubt it - can't see EA ever doing anything to help the little guys like us out

I had a look at your record there, it's actually savage. I'd say you'd win a load of games in FUT champs. What division are you in?
    Rooney. He can pretty much do anything, even defend.

I've put a sentinel card on him and I've set him to stay back when attacking and he's grand, plus he actually is a threat when he does push forward.

+1 on this. I have him in CM since the start of FUT and he's just unreal. Also, his driven free kicks are lethal. His work rates are ideal and his long shots are very dangerous. He is the perfect CM for that price range.
    6-6 now not bad for my first attempt, I've been lucky but also unlucky too. I originally wanted Silver 2 but quietly hoping now for Gold 3

For your first go, 6-6 is really good, especially considering a lot of people are playing it every weekend and the standard is really high.

Advertisement